AC GT3 @ Le Mans - Saturday 21st August 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I don’t think anyone was to blame, correct me if I am wrong Han, I left some room and I think Han’s speed took him out into my side.
Hi Paul,

In the race I thought you were coming my way, but when I saw the replay it was more my fault. Glad you didn't spin. And it was stupid of me to try to overtake there. The straight would have been much better and safer, but at the time I expected you to have more speed there. I have yet to learn to be more patient. My only excuse was that I didn't expect you to brake so early and leave me room inside. So I went for the gap. Apparently you have to do that as a racer according to a famous driver.

I was not going to say anything but I saw Enzo arriving at LeMans earlier in the day

3CF88DDD-091A-43D8-912D-E53B00BA9A52.jpeg

Last edited:
@Shed 17 , I am just not good at creaming that corner that leads on to the long straight.
When you think how much time it takes to add kph onto your top speed in the last 300 to 400meters.
If someone can add 10kph at that corner, certainly do able, that means that is 10kph less to add.
Two very important corners, that one and the next one.
They are the two corners I would concentrate on if I took this circuit seriously.
Me too Ernie, I struggled in the Lambo to get that exit anything like right. On the occasions I did get a decent run I could hit my maximum speed but hen you had to try and stop the beast for the chicane....another story in it's self!:(. I'll be back in the Nissan or Z4 for the next outing.

Hi Paul,

In the race I thought you were coming my way, but when I saw the replay it was more my fault. Glad you didn't spin. And it was stupid of me to try to overtake there. The straight would have been much better and safer, but at the time I expected you to have more speed there. I have yet to learn to be more patient. My only excuse was that I didn't expect you to brake so early and leave me room inside. So I went for the gap. Apparently you have to do that as a racer according to a famous driver.
It was inevitable that you you would get me at sometime so no point in trying to defend and mess up my race so I was expecting you to have a go in the braking zones. No worries.:thumbsup:

Enzo did 303 with the Lambo. But he has a setup that's completely undriveable for me, probably for all humans :( .
Would you dare to talk @Enzo Fazzi into sharing this setup with us or me? I still try to learn the Lambo, because I like it so much. And I have a very good setup here from the second last event at this track, when I finished in P2. So I'm very curious to compare the differences.

However, it's only a question...

Would you dare to talk @Enzo Fazzi into sharing this setup with us or me? I still try to learn the Lambo, because I like it so much. And I have a very good setup here from the second last event at this track, when I finished in P2. So I'm very curious to compare the differences.

However, it's only a question...
No, but 0-0 wing, 0 toe on the front and rear. Front ride height at the lowest legal height (55mm?).
Softest springs front and rear to make the car drop even more on the straights.

This is all no compromise for straight line speed. At that point, just play with the dampers, ARBs, rear rideheight and camber to make it somewhat driveable. :)

No, but 0-0 wing, 0 toe on the front and rear. Front ride height at the lowest legal height (55mm?).

This is all no compromise for straight line speed. At that point, just play with the dampers, ARBs, rear rideheight and camber to make it somewhat driveable. :)
Great one mate! That's more than enough to get an idea of your approach. I'll give this settings a go asap...

Me too Ernie, I struggled in the Lambo to get that exit anything like right. On the occasions I did get a decent run I could hit my maximum speed but hen you had to try and stop the beast for the chicane....another story in it's self!:(. I'll be back in the Nissan or Z4 for the next outing.
That is so true Paul, I am as quick here in McLaren as the Lamborghini,
It is all made up by its braking and mid corner speed.
Especially as the top seed of the McLaren is 10 to 12kph less than the Lamborghini virtually every time there is a long straight. :)

Braking is an area I am working on in the GT3 class, I know I am Captain Slow:cautious: when it come to braking at the right spot, just had no confidence in the Lambo at le Mans so going back to the Z4 for Spa.

You can make the Lamborgini much better on the brakes by running them with 64 to the brake balance, which makes a big difference, but you run the risk of that you will get rear brake lock up on a car that will immediately throw you into the bushes. This is what I am looking into of late, how to run a mid-engined cars reliably. :)

PS
you can always dial it up and down for the corners where it is an advantage, but can i really be arsed to do that all the time.:confused:
PS 2
Just exp[lained to myself how to improve my Lamborgini lap times at LE - Mans.:D:D

Last edited:
The headline of this thread says, Saturday. In the text of the first post is also Saturday mentioned. On S.GP you can see the days/hours left before the event starts. There's a limit what we can do to communicate the events.

All I can advice you to read the first post of the event thread always very carefully. Not only for the date/time but also for special information for the event. See my Mystery event this Tuesday. If participants don't read it thorougly, it will go wrong for them.

We put a lot of effort in these threads to inform you as good as possible but it's the responsibility of the participants to read them.
Yes, it was my mistake. Where can I find the next event?

You can make the Lamborgini much better on the brakes by running them with 64 to the brake balance, which makes a big difference, but you run the risk of that you will get rear brake lock up on a car that will immediately throw you into the bushes. This is what I am looking into of late, how to run a mid-engined cars reliably. :)

PS
you can always dial it up and down for the corners where it is an advantage, but can i really be arsed to do that all the time.:confused:
PS 2
Just exp[lained to myself how to improve my Lamborgini lap times at LE - Mans.:D:D
Brake balance stability is also affected by aero (downforce.) The more DF you're running, the lower brake bias you can use. For instance, in the AMG I can run as low as 60% with a higher DF, but need 67% or higher with low downforce.

I came to realise that these cars are not at all modeled accurately, and there are 'gamey' setups we can use to get the best performance. This is an example of that. Such a setup would be impossible in the real world.

Mmmm , I agree and don’t agree, I run 64 bias at Monza with 0, 0 wing on the Lamborghini, although I am probably going to fling it into the scenery, I can run dozens of laps like that with no problem.
One has only to drive two real world cars that Assetto corsa simulates, namely the Porsche 962 short tail and long tail to understand that it is very possible to run cars with very little relative down force successfully against the same car with twice the down force.
But as with Le Man, it is always going to be horses for courses scenario.

PS
in the GT3 series, there are a lot of adjustment available to balance out aero grip and mechanical grip, plus the ability to have a balanced aero setup that loose overall aero DF but maintain a balanced aero setup.

Last edited:
I came to realise that these cars are not at all modeled accurately, and there are 'gamey' setups we can use to get the best performance. This is an example of that. Such a setup would be impossible in the real world.
This is true, to some extent, for all the sims available in 2021. There's an obvious disparity between what the physics engine can do in real time and what real life is like. For example, the physics in AC run at 'only' 333Hz, which is of course infinitely less than what happens in real life. This means that developers have to simplify and take some shortcuts here and there. These shortcuts being stuff like 1 contact point tire models and so on. If you scale this up to 5 points (which is still not a lot), you'd be making at least 5328 calculations per second more, just for the tires of one car.

That being said, I've seen some real life setup sheets (although not for the GT3 Lambo) for Le Mans that aren't that far off the things I mentioned in my earlier post.

Last edited:
the 962 largely uses ground effects, so you can run low wings ;)
Your are course absolutely right Taj, it was a demonstration of the ability to run two cars back to back using straight line speed and acceleration of a low down force difficult to handle car, against the same car which by comparison has much higher downforce and much easier to handle.
Enzo so eloquently expressed the rest above.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 186 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 364 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 507 39.0%