AC GT3 @ Le Mans - Saturday 21st August 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
BEWARE! If you go off at "Essess" d'Indianapolis, and through the barrier you will go off the map!
20210819222121-1.jpg

Ye same happened me yesterday!

Well, that was an eye-opener, never will I race for more than 60 minutes again, I turned from an athletic young wiper snapper into an arthritic old git. :D :D :D
All the race was, me following dots, must congratulate the podiums, a very well done.
Sorry to Stefan for the knock, do not know whose fault it was, but sorry for my part in it anyway.
At least I learnt something from it. 60 minutes is my limit.:)

Last edited:
Well, that was an eye-opener, never will I race for more than 60 minutes again, I turned from an athletic young wiper snapper into an arthritic old git. :D :D :D
All the race was, me following dots, must congratulate the podiums, a very well done.
Sorry to Stefan for the knock, do not know whose fault it was, but sorry for my part in it anyway.
At least I learnt something from it. 60 minutes is my limit.:)

You had the hard job out in front of the midfield setting the pace.. It was a bit tiring on the straights, cruise control would have been nice!
It was a pity you guys had a tangle. I reckon I would have caught up and probably Han then too, for a 4 car battle at the finish!

Intense race. Was able to knock off about 3 secs in the quali compared to the last time we raced here.
Started 2nd with a great start that let me lead the race for exactly two corners :D

On the straight I was just not able to keep up the speed with the Merc and GTR´s, so after the first lap I found myself back in P4. Brian needed some time to find his pace in the first stint and I could make an overtake a couple of laps later. Now In P3
I was constantly coming closer to Ernie. Almost lost it when I went into the Pits, and suddenly I saw a car flying by on my left also into the pits. Did you missed the entry Ernie ;)

Shortly after the pits I got a good exit onto the straight, I was in punching distance to Ernie and could outbrake him into the first chicane. I think you hit the inside curb Ernie which locked your steering. Needless to say, we both made a nice U-turn. :D
Brian was so close that he could pretty easy capitalize. And just one lap later I was again an easy target for Han´s Nissan.
Now in P4 again, but with enough space to the drivers behind I didnt made any attempts to get the positions back. Managed tires and drove it home safely.

All in all just a couple smaller mistakes, but nothing severe.

Here are the result: https://simresults.net/210821-9P4

Also I totally miss some straight line speed, if anyone wants to have a look at my race setup, you are more then welcome.

See you all next week.

Attachments

• BMW Z4 Race 60M Soft.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Intense race. Was able to knock off about 3 secs in the quali compared to the last time we raced here.
Started 2nd with a great start that let me lead the race for exactly two corners :D

On the straight I was just not able to keep up the speed with the Merc and GTR´s, so after the first lap I found myself back in P4. Brian needed some time to find his pace in the first stint and I could make an overtake a couple of laps later. Now In P3
I was constantly coming closer to Ernie. Almost lost it when I went into the Pits, and suddenly I saw a car flying by on my left also into the pits. Did you missed the entry Ernie ;)

Shortly after the pits I got a good exit onto the straight, I was in punching distance to Ernie and could outbrake him into the first chicane. I think you hit the inside curb Ernie which locked your steering. Needless to say, we both made a nice U-turn. :D
Brian was so close that he could pretty easy capitalize. And just one lap later I was again an easy target for Han´s Nissan.
Now in P4 again, but with enough space to the drivers behind I didnt made any attempts to get the positions back. Managed tires and drove it home safely.

Also I totally miss some straight line speed, if anyone wants to have a look at my race setup, you are more then welcome.

See you all next week.
You're straight speed can't have been that bad. You were fastest in sector 2 with the Courbe du Golf and the Courbe de Buisson straights.

290 before the brake point for the first chicane. I lost about half a second to Brian on both first straights. I would say in sector 2 it was my braking and line into Indianapolis that gave me an edge there. Also I had a good run through Porsche and Corvette.

But I dont know were sector 3 starts with just 18 secs maybe behind Corvette.

Last edited:
290 before the brake point for the first chicane. I lost about half a second to Brian on both first straights. I would say in sector 2 it was my braking and line into Indianapolis that gave me an edge there. Also I had a good run through Porsche and Corvette.

But I dont know were sector 3 starts with just 18 secs maybe behind Corvette.

I know with the Ferrari i couldn't get it to go over 294 without being undriveable, even at that it was tricky when the tires started to wear. Maybe the BMW just can' t get to those speeds and remain stable, not sure. You were quicker than me from 1st - 4th gear but then I'd pull it all back with the 5th but mainly the 6th gear. The difference between a 4.0 and 6.2 litre V8 maybe.

The race was today eh? What's happening tomorrow then..?
The headline of this thread says, Saturday. In the text of the first post is also Saturday mentioned. On S.GP you can see the days/hours left before the event starts. There's a limit what we can do to communicate the events.

All I can advice you to read the first post of the event thread always very carefully. Not only for the date/time but also for special information for the event. See my Mystery event this Tuesday. If participants don't read it thorougly, it will go wrong for them.

We put a lot of effort in these threads to inform you as good as possible but it's the responsibility of the participants to read them.

Last edited:
That was some race for me. 3rd in qually with a new PB. Using my Nissan power I could overtake Stefan before the first chicane on Mulsanne but as I was looking for him in the mirror to see if I should defend, I missed my brakepoint. While still trying to take the chicane I spun. Came back 8th or 9th, got back 6th behind Paul. All in lap 1. A few laps later I could pass Paul and was slowly catching up with the cars in front. The last laps of the first stint the tyres were bad and I began loosing time. After the pitstop the car was great and I could close the gap. After Ernie and Stefan had an unpleasant together in the chicane I passed Ernie and was close behind Stefan. I could overtake him on Courbe de Golf with the mighty GT-R. Had some great laps but the gap to Brian was too big. So started 3rd, finished 3rd but not boring at all.

Thanks all for joining and Brian for organising. Congrats to Enzo and Brian.

Enjoyed that race. Similar to mosport myself and han got onto the podium with steady second stints and mistakes from cars ahead. And Han was again doing good work slowly closing the gap over the last 20 minutes.

I had a terrible start, even worse than ernie who easily got ahead into dunlop, but by the first chicane and han's spin I was right back up with ernie and stefan again.
Myself and stefan battled for two or three laps. I made a few silly mistakes some from the pressure and others were just silly. Luckily the merc is fairly forgiving and i was able to recover the big slides without ending up facing the wrong way. Ernie was about 10 seconds ahead and stefan about 5 seconds by lap 5.

Got my **** together and from then on and slowly set about trying to catch the guys ahead. Knowing there was still an hour to go I felt it was doable.

With about 25 left i was within 3 or 4 seconds of stefan, but crucially he had also reeled in ernie. If they started to battle i would have caught them within a lap or two, further slowing the pack! Reckon that would have had han in the mix for the last 3 laps. Unfortunately/fortunately their battle was brief and we never got to fight it out.

Han put in a big effort to catch me. I pitted late and had loads of tyres left so was able to push it close to qualy pace for a few laps to keep him at arms length and make the last one or two comfortable enough. Last thing i wanted was him picking uo some slipstream!

Happy with the result overall, it was fun trying to put the mercedes on the podium. Not sure when that last happened here! :p

Thanks to all who took part and congrats to Enzo. Great pace on the mediums.

See you next week for another big track race at spa.

Last edited:
Frustrating track that one, barely learnt it before we started. Was way off the pace and think it was partially setup related but I didn't get near the speeds mentioned here on the straights. Start was bad as the car in front of me stood still, had a bit of contact with Guido a few laps in on the tight right turn after Mulsanne section, I don't know who's fault it was just seemed a light contact racing incident. I struggled a bit with the distance and it got a bit laborious just pummelling down long straights with no cars around. Had a little bit of racing with Paul when I got the jump just as he exited the pits but spun a lap or so later. Glad this wasn't with the MX5s! Thanks for organising though Brian, it was an experience. Enzo you really are in a different league, amazing times you were posting. Very impressive.

Race report.
Another night mare of a race for me, over a second off my pace, why, others seemed okay.
Very good start, can not complain about that.
Mind you, on reflection made some drastic changes to the setup, never do this, but I seemed to ignore my own advice, again.
Manage a reasonable first 40 minutes. But by then following a very slowly disappearing dot, at least gave me something to aim at, just.
I was getting to my pit stop and thinking I now had to go all through this again.
Completely forgot my pit stop, lost myself in the panic, just aimed for what I hoped was the entrance, just made it.
Saw Stefan sideways not sure if I caused that. Sorry again.
Well after that the good patch was well and truly gone.
Caught the rear wheel on the curb as I was trying to make the over take as hard as possible for Stefan, missed my braking point, that Rotter Stefan was in the way, just guessed, but the Nissan can match the Z4 for braking . So it was easy to hold on. But losing that 5 meters comprised me being 3/4 behind the Z4, so I was always on the back foot.
Funny how things turn out, I only needed to hang on for a bit, before Brian a d Han had caught up, then Stefan, Brian and Han would have been to busy fighting each other, ( Lady Luck is so fickle )
Bad decision, I should have let him have the corner, probably could have got him on the next straight, because his exit would have been compromised.
Sorry for being a knob Stefan.
Could go on but after that I was chasing bigger dots, and losing the will to live fast.
Spun I few times, normal for this circuit.
Eventually gave up .
I did spend time practicing in the McLaren for this race, and ignored the Nissan.
It was probably annoyed I had left it in the garage.
Oh well there is always another race.

After racing at Le Mans in Friday’s 2 hour marathon, last nights 84 minutes was a lot more relaxed. In practice I could get the Lambo into the 4.02’s but just couldn’t seem to extract any more last night and qualified in P6.

Looking at the times of those ahead, I went for Mediums/Soft and planned to run long for the first stint and sprint for the last 20 minutes or so. I was going to be lucky to improve my starting position but got a reasonable launch off the grid and settled in for the long run.
Han soon caught me after his spin on the first lap and we touched going into the Dunlop chicane and Han spun out. I don’t think anyone was to blame, correct me if I am wrong Han, I left some room and I think Han’s speed took him out into my side. But Han was soon on my tail again and even though the Lambo was quick in a straight line, he went by before the Porsche curve.
So now I just had to defend from those behind, but I span at the Dunlop Chicane in a vain attempt to keep up with the the flying orange Nissan. This allowed Tim to close in and he put me under a lot of pressure before he pitted. I went three laps longer, got the softs on and could hear Tim coming as I exited the pits but too late, Tim got the undercut! But with my new rubber I could push and Tim spun out in the last chicane in front of me. That was a pity because Tim and me seem to be very closely matched on speed in whatever we race. So I pushed on and was surprised to see Ernie pulling off with one lap to go but happy with P5.
I think I will leave the Lambo for another power track, great in a straight line but very nervous in changes of direction, especially the last chicane, couldn't get that one right all race. :(
It was a shame more people didn’t take part, Friday’s event had 56 drivers registered and it did make for a spectacular grid line up, but as events unfolded more drivers doesn’t always mean more quality. Well done to the podium and thanks to Brian for organizing.:thumbsup:

:confused: Intense race. Was able to knock off about 3 secs in the quali compared to the last time we raced here.

See you all next week.
This won't help at all Stefan but in Friday's race I was topping out the Lambo at 298kph, ( I was running a lot of wing to try and get it through the curves) but on one occasion a guy in a Z4 caught and passed me into the 1st chicane on the Mulsanne straight like I had the brakes on! :confused:Now,he obviously got a tow but it surprised the hell out of me the speed he had as I could never the the Z4 to top out much more than 290 either. So maybe there is more top speed but as Brian said, it would probably compromise some other ares of performance. Your overall lap times were healthy though, i'd be happy with that!:thumbsup:

@Shed 17 , I am just not good at creaming that corner that leads on to the long straight.
When you think how much time it takes to add kph onto your top speed in the last 300 to 400meters.
If someone can add 10kph at that corner, certainly do able, that means that is 10kph less to add.
Two very important corners, that one and the next one.
They are the two corners I would concentrate on if I took this circuit seriously.

This won't help at all Stefan but in Friday's race I was topping out the Lambo at 298kph, ( I was running a lot of wing to try and get it through the curves) but on one occasion a guy in a Z4 caught and passed me into the 1st chicane on the Mulsanne straight like I had the brakes on! :confused:Now,he obviously got a tow but it surprised the hell out of me the speed he had as I could never the the Z4 to top out much more than 290 either. So maybe there is more top speed but as Brian said, it would probably compromise some other ares of performance. Your overall lap times were healthy though, i'd be happy with that!:thumbsup:
Enzo did 303 with the Lambo. But he has a setup that's completely undriveable for me, probably for all humans :( .

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 418 39.8%