AC GT3 @ Laguna Seca - Sun 10 Feb 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Huge thanks again for organising, and bought rfactor 2 in the 50% off sale a couple of days ago so will hopefully join in more of your events (GT3!) when I've got my head round it, which should take about 3 months :O_o::p

I know the sim very well john, I also host there a couple of times a week, RF2 GT3 class has 10 cars, including the 720 :thumbsup: Speak to me before you ever race there though, tire settings are totally different, if you need any help with setting the sim up or anything really just give me a shout :thumbsup:

Certainly not one of the best races I have hosted, almost half the field quit? I can not believe so many cars where wrecked with only 10% damage on?

John I see the second incident you had, it was @Sasha Black who ran into your rear ..maybe he would like to explain why he did not at least apologize? to you ..I really do not like to point drivers out, but eh how hard is it to say sorry? John I understand how you must have felt after two incidents, so I can not really blame you for leaving. If you want to peruse either incident any further, please let me know.

I am actually rather speechless, there is always a couple of drivers that quit for one reason or another, but half the field? ..A lot of time goes into organizing and hosting these events, if we have another week like this, I will drop the GT3 class events, it is a darn shame that a few can ruin it for everybody.

On a good note, there were some terrific lap times achieved :thumbsup:

@Aksu seems almost unstoppable, another great win :thumbsup:

Congrads to all the podiums, well done chaps :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I would like to thank all the drivers that stuck it out until the end ..thank you :thumbsup:
Please Craig, don't stop. I'm just starting simracing and I enjoy your GT3 races very much. I promise I will stay every race till the end even if I have only one wheel left!

Certainly not one of the best races I have hosted, almost half the field quit? I can not believe so many cars where wrecked with only 10% damage on?

John I see the second incident you had, it was @Sasha Black who ran into your rear ..maybe he would like to explain why he did not at least apologize? to you ..I really do not like to point drivers out, but eh how hard is it to say sorry? John I understand how you must have felt after two incidents, so I can not really blame you for leaving. If you want to peruse either incident any further, please let me know.

I am actually rather speechless, there is always a couple of drivers that quit for one reason or another, but half the field? ..A lot of time goes into organizing and hosting these events, if we have another week like this, I will drop the GT3 class events, it is a darn shame that a few can ruin it for everybody.

On a good note, there were some terrific lap times achieved :thumbsup:

@Aksu seems almost unstoppable, another great win :thumbsup:

Congrads to all the podiums, well done chaps :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I would like to thank all the drivers that stuck it out until the end ..thank you :thumbsup:

-----

The small tracks and then new drivers make racing difficult.
it does not follow the box rule when driving out and to keep the first round peace is difficult for many.
many are in the puplic mode where you drive only 7 rounds and as fast as you want to go forward.
I went because I did not find any rhythm anymore, sry :unsure:.

Gn8

Guys admittedly I was upset earlier on this evening, I have got to know some of you very well, so it was sad when so many drivers left, I also know our race winner @Aksu was upset/annoyed, he left very quickly after the race.I do not want to start loosing drivers that race with us week after week.

We need drivers of his talent to race with us, I have said this before, if you drive with people of the same standard as you, how are you ever going to improve. I have heard some drivers say, well you can't learn much from them? Of course you can, you can even jump in there car with them during practice and even during qualifying, you can talk in TS after or before the race, tips galore...

Seriously guys I do not do this for myself, I doubt that I will ever get any quicker because of my disability. I want you all to race hard but fair, respect each other, enjoy it, if you **** up and you will do on more than one occasion, do not be afraid to say I am sorry ...the worst thing you can do, is just to ignore it.

I want a clean (driving) happy environment for you guys to race each other in, we do not just want to be another public server, I like to think that our standards are much much higher.

Race hard but race clean, respect each other at all times :thumbsup:

As stated I didn't make it yesterday due to VR problems. Some comments on your discussion though...

Every time I race here with you guys I enjoy it 100%. It's not a tournament and it's obvious that people are not on the same driving level of experience and skill. 99% of new drivers that make on track mistakes are due to lack of experience , and difficulty of processing the wealth of information during a race - even more during an incident. Trying to educate is the best thing these kind of events can do in order to level up the participants skill , knowledge , and eventually the future events . After all most of us learn from our mistakes . If a driver gets harassed for making a mistake he'll be hesitant to try again and again and will just leave.

I agree with Craig , there is no more manly behavior that to be able to say sorry for a mistake , and this will only make people want to help you improve further. Yes , a driver can get better by spending time on track , viewing videos and reading books , but socializing can give a serious boost to this procedure.

Let's be all proud gentlemen.
Have a nice week everyone :)

Sounds like an eventful race. I have raced in GT3 for some time now and its awesome. However recently there have been a few incident's which shouldn't be happening.

I think the rule should be you cannot quit unless you have a technical fault, no matter how bad it gets. My race 2 weeks ago was dreadful, the worst ever but i carried on, even after being taken out twice. If you quit you don't get to race next week. I think Bobby Pennington used to have this rule when he used to organise races.

The rule's needs to be solid, if you take someone out and don't wait, or quit etc you just don't get in the week after.

I spun out myself on Lap 1 and had to battle back from last. I was exiting Sector 1 6 seconds behind the car in front, but started to catch up and pick my way through the field. Admittedly it was easy to start with because there was a right mess at the Corkscrew, and then I profited as people started making mistakes or dropping out.

Unless your car is undrivable, you can keep going, so long as you don't feel like you're going to be a danger to other cars. Keep an eye on your lap times and see if you're catching the car in front of you. If you qualified high up the grid, you should find yourself catching the guy in front easily. Start moving up the grid and you'll have some fun overtaking people.

I had a great race chasing two drivers and eventually passing them both in one go. I knew I was on Soft tyres and was going to lose time to them in the pits and they had mediums, so probably didn't need to waste time swapping tyres.

I also ended up in the second stint trying to close a gap to the car in front. If you're not in the position you want to be, just aim to catch up to the car in front, you'll find yourself doing great laptimes and concentrating really hard. If the car is damaged, the pitlane is there and you can always pit to fix it. I'd only ever suggest quitting the server if you feel like you're just going to be a danger to other drivers. If your setup is wildly uncontrollable, or you're going to be lapped and unpredictable/damaged, then maybe that's a worthy reason to leave for performance reasons. But otherwise, please stay in the server. If you're a quick guy, someone you're battling might learn a lot from racing you. Stick around because it will be fun.

Hi guys,
I had no time to watch reply until yesterday.
@Medilloni I am sorry man, it was my fault. You were returning from gravel, I was in full speed and we both hit the brake pedal at the very same time. As you were slower, I hit you unexpectedly.
@Jani1980 I am sorry, too, but wasn't my fault. Right before the crash you have changed your racing line 2x and second one was too late, right in front of me and the same time you braked. I could not prevent to hit your car.
I know these kind of races are for fun only and if you win or not, makes no difference. But that is the main point, why people do not care to finish the race after bigger or several mistakes.

Hi guys,
@Medilloni I am sorry man, it was my fault. You were returning from gravel, I was in full speed and we both hit the brake pedal at the very same time. As you were slower, I hit you unexpectedly.
@Jani1980 I am sorry, too, but wasn't my fault. Right before the crash you have changed your racing line 2x and second one was too late, right in front of me and the same time you braked. I could not prevent to hit your car.
I know these kind of races are for fun only and if you win or not, makes no difference. But that is the main point, why people do not care to finish the race after bigger or several mistakes.
Are you suggesting at Sunday evening GT3 championship?? :whistling:

Hi guys,

I think it is good that you apologized to John, he is one of the fairest drivers around..I have held up John a few times, but he waits for the best opportunity.

I did see the other incident that you are talking about, it is good also that you said sorry even though it was not your fault ...on approach to any braking zone, you do not suddenly change your racing line, you stick to your chosen line, no matter what.

Guys this race was last week, lets forget about it now, we called talk about it for ever and a more, nobody has put in any disputes, so please let us just leave there :thumbsup:

Hi guys,

---

An S curve is taken with a straight line. That was my job in front of your nose. :ninja::thumbsup:
And in the first round I usually hold back. especially with such a route.

Next race, next fair fights :p

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing