AC GT3 @ Kyalami, Sunday 7th March 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Do you right-foot brake? Downloaded your replay to see what top speed you were making (down 4-5 km/h in the race compared to my Audi, that probably explains why you couldn't draft me) and noticed that your pedal inputs seemed to never overlap in the slightest

Yes. I think there is a saying that you can't teach an old dog a new trick. I'm living proof that it's true :roflmao:. I didn't spend much time with the set up in the practice session & I ended up going with a high rear wing for the race (safety first - didn't work:cry:), so that might've had summat to do with the low top speed?

On the upside, I should, in theory, use less fuel than someone using their left foot. I'd love to know if that is true - I used 88 litres (46+48-6) for the race.

Last edited:
A quick update on Mike's situation at SimRacing604:

I tried to put a comment on LinusTechTip's YouTube site informing Linus about all this but found that it was promptly removed by the YouTube server.

Last edited:
Yes. I think there is a saying that you can't teach an old dog a new trick. I'm living proof that it's true :roflmao:. I didn't spend much time with the set up in the practice session & I ended up going with a high rear wing for the race (safety first - didn't work:cry:), so that might've had summat to do with the low top speed?

On the upside, I should, in theory, use less fuel than someone using their left foot. I'd love to know if that is true - I used 88 litres (46+48-6) for the race.
87 here. Had 45+45 for 36 laps and finished with about 3 liters left in the tank.

You had great pace! I could gain on you in the first 3 corners and again at the Esses, but you would always use the cleaner air to post a better time in the next lap and get closer again. (And then I missed my braking point at turn 13 every other lap :()

Congratulations on a really solid, consistent drive :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack, absolutely no issues on my side, I'm just sorry I robbed you of a fight with Taj (I think?) in my hurry to get away from Tim.

No worries Pat, it happens. Overhead shot: https://streamable.com/rh6q05

By my interpretation, I moved a bit wider, braked earlier in response to another car in front and continued on the normal line, while you were much more to the inside and further back and simply braked normally. Just a racing incident, neither of us was expecting the other one to be in that position on the apex.
Thanks Luca, after seeing the replay I can see I was behind you and you had track position.

It happens so fast, my memory was that we where side by side.

My apologies again, I should have pulled over and waited.

Last edited:
I think it was me you were trying to pass under blue flag, four laps from the end. I wasn't expecting you to try and pass me on the last corner so turned in as normal. I'd assumed you were going passed on the main straight. Chris has said in the past to let people pass when safe to do so and I'd assumed the straight was the place to do it. I can see from the replay you where flashing your lights but I didn't catch that in my mirrors. Sorry if it impacted your race.
All good, I first thought I could also catch you on the downhill straight, but realized at the end you were also battling. I wanted to use the straight after that, but overestimated your speed and was suddenly right behind you before the last corner. Couldnt really slow down eighter cause Cornelius was right in my neck. At the end I gaind the position back that I lost, so no problem.

I know this is AC but does anybody have PC? I got it on a sale and I don't like it as much, but maybe it's ok for racing and stuff? IDK
I have PC2. I could never get it to work right. Every time a race started the vr would be looking sideways or by the petals.

i liked that the menu was operable in vr using the buttons on the wheel.

Thanks Luca, after seeing the replay I can see I was behind you and you had track position.

It happens so fast, my memory was that we where side by side.

My apologies again, I should have pulled over and waited.

Don't worry, it's all good :thumbsup: It's never on purpose and after all we have to deal with very limited tools for spatial awareness. Hell, it happened to me too at Spa with Stefan :(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 145 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 260 13.5%