AC GT3 @ Imola - Sunday 1st November 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
In the second lap I was a bit surprised by @pattikins late breaking into Villeneuve so I had to go the long way over the grass to avoid contact.
Down to P10...

I've had a look @ the replay, & I can't see any obvious mistake on my part. I didn't seem to lose any ground to the car ahead (John/McLaren), going in or coming out of Villeneuve. The SCG is a great to drive but it's the slowest car on the grid around Imola (the quickest time @ RSR is still in the 1.43s). It's also worth bearing in mind that it's :poop: on the brakes, drinks more than Bill Werbeniuk (started the race with 59 litres) and has a grumpy/incorrigible driver :redface:behind the wheel that insists on right foot braking.:roflmao:

That's what an fov calculator spits out Pat

I think that I had my FOV somewhere between 50-60.

Previous setups
23|29|23
24x3

Edit. I think I had my outer monitors set @ a 10-15 degree angle (I used head tracking so the those monitors were more for my peripheral vision). Is your FOV calculation based on a single monitor?

Last edited:
Do you guys race at 17 or 18 GMT? Or its fixed at 20? Because its after midnight in my time zone!

I believe the 8pm GMT start time was set to accomodate people with families etc. Early evening/matinee events are rare. It might be worth taking a look @ simracing.gp/communities to see if there are races that start at a more social hour. If you own AMS2 or Raceroom, the club events appear to start @ 7pm..

Last edited:
I've had a look @ the replay, & I can't see any obvious mistake on my part

Havn´t said you made a mistake. Only that my breaking point was different then yours and it took me a bit off guard seeing your rear end coming closer in the corner very fast :D
I know the SCG breaks are not the best and with the Z4 you can just break late and hard into the right kink. But its all good. I made a miscalculation but could recover quite fast from it in the race.

I'm very satisfied with my P3 result, because faster wasn't possible to me.

Grats to @Chris Down for another impressive victory, but especially huge congrats to @Raresch for your P2 result. You had great pace. Very nice improvement. I'll try to get you next time.

I qualified in P4 with a new PB (1:43:5xx), so I was happy with it. Start went well. I catched Rares and got in P3 but in the second chicane I had a huge moment, nearly throwing the car away in lap one. :confused: The R8 is hard to catch once you're having counter reactions.

Had a few nice battles with @Sheashant L and @Raresch , then settled in P3. Raresch was on the same strategy like me (2 stints on softs with 50 L) and not to hold this time. So to secure P3 I had to open a gap to Sheashant in 4th, because he was on meds with full fuel, doing a much shorter stop later on.

After the stop I had to overtake a few drivers doing their stop later. For two laps I had a nice fight with @GEO147 who defended hard but fair. When I got to overtake him, George drove into the pits.

Now in 4th I had Sheashant in front of me due to his shorter stop. Overtaking wasn't too hard, because of his worn medium tyres.

So I finished 3rd in an entertaining race.

Thanks for hosting Chris! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back