AC GT3 @ Imola - Sunday 18th April 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Single set of softs doesn't work for one hour, especially in the Audi which tends to wear rears at a much faster rate. Because of that uneven wear, the car balance shifts toward oversteer as time goes. This was what likely caused your issues by the end of the race. Driving a car with low grip all around is one thing, driving one that has no grip on the rear is another.
I can confirm that driving the Lambo, it’s a case of when the wagging backend is going to kick in not if :roflmao:
But then again, Brian does seem to do well with the Lambo :D

This where i thought lewis should have pulled out of it. But ye obviously this isn't club racing, even still i thought it was a very bad call from lewis to take on the sausages!
I didn't look that much at the T1 attempt but your Screenshot shows it clearly, thanks!
I think the biggest issue was the little straight part before the right hand corner so max could actually "have a better exit" there and get a bit in front.
If it would've been a shorter chicane like at the end of road Atlanta, Lewis would've had the second apex.

But in your Screenshot he should've backed off, yeah. And the sausages didn't help for the rest of the race. Looked pretty brutal for the car!

Also thanks for quoting the "slightly in front at the exit" part from my link.
I think here in the clubs, we're not allowed to push the outside car off with such an overlap like in the Screenshot?

However I seem to have forgotten about that part, as I would never do it in the clubs hehe.

I'd say you can only push wide at the exit as the inside car, when the outside car is behind your rear axle with its front axle.
And not just "slightly in front".

And I think we all agree that it would've been awesome to see max and lewis keep going side by side until the hairpin :D

Last edited:
I didn't look that much at the T1 attempt but your Screenshot shows it clearly, thanks!
I think the biggest issue was the little straight part before the right hand corner so max could actually "have a better exit" there and get a bit in front.
If it would've been a shorter chicane like at the end of road Atlanta, Lewis would've had the second apex.

But in your Screenshot he should've backed off, yeah. And the sausages didn't help for the rest of the race. Looked pretty brutal for the car!

Also thanks for quoting the "slightly in front at the exit" part from my link.
I think here in the clubs, we're not allowed to push the outside car off with such an overlap like in the Screenshot?

However I seem to have forgotten about that part, as I would never do it in the clubs hehe.

I'd say you can only push wide at the exit as the inside car, when the outside car is behind your rear axle with its front axle.
And not just "slightly in front".

And I think we all agree that it would've been awesome to see max and lewis keep going side by side until the hairpin :D
Agree that what max done would be a bit much on the aggression dial for club racing. If it was club racing i'd leave the outside car a car to a half cars width to the white line. I say half car as there is a kerb there to use and they are not forced onto grass at any point. You should be able to get past them at the next 2 lefts anyway, provided they don't squeeze you off...

I constantly get overtaken by faster drivers, hence there is always that moment when I am right up their chuff going into a fast corner, virtually every time they start their corner entry, if I wished I could short circuit the corner and dive directly into the apex, at some point, I could say I was overlapping their car.
The fact that I sideswiped them, allowing the hit to slow my car, then claim it was my corner because rightly so there was an overlap, would not endear me to the race department community.
I always lose the corner before it has started, making the decision then what to do about it, I virtually never race for a corner with the overtaking car, all pretty obvious stuff really. And if that scenario is out of my control, I am always, I hope prepared for an alternative strategy.:)
I look at best for 1 or 2 overtakes in a 40 lap race, that is if everything goes to plan, which it rarely does.:unsure:
Maybe you should try this one out :roflmao: : https://beta.simracing.gp/communities/i1c3nnOj2M1gJYjp7akp4#about

Noooooooooooooooooooo

unnamed.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back