AC GT3 @ Imola - Sunday 18th April 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks Han. I remember discussing the tyres with you at Kyalami and I ran mostly mediums since. Definitely onboard with the skills being the determining factor :D , just not feeling the 911 is the best bet for trying to obtain them in the first place. In the mean time being concerned about missing the spot for Sunday I have 'panic bought' the Lamborghini for now. Will see what that is like to drive
Imola is a relatively high-speed track, so Lambo should be a good fit for it

1618335835338.png

Its just Tuesday and already 21 spots taken. I guess we really need that OSRW support. Why is that such an issue while mod tracks are working just fine?
@Interslice , @Chris Down and I have addressed this to @Bram Hengeveld but he explained that they are working hard on the official launch of the s.gp platform for Race Department and they haven't got time right now to do this. It's the same for quite a long list of tracks that we want to have on s.gp like Bathurst, Thomson, Feldbergring and many others. So I guess we have to be patient.

But seeing that with last and this week all four Wednesday and Sunday events are fully booked, I will choose a track with more than 24 spots for the next events.

Its just Tuesday and already 21 spots taken. I guess we really need that OSRW support. Why is that such an issue while mod tracks are working just fine?
There are only 24 hours in a day with a super tiny team. Of the 24 hours we are currently working 25 of them :) We have a huge priority list and unfortunately there are other requests that go first.

There are plenty of tracks on SGP with 30 plus slots up to 64 slots for Nordschleife even :)

There are only 24 hours in a day with a super tiny team. Of the 24 hours we are currently working 25 of them :) We have a huge priority list and unfortunately there are other requests that go first.

There are plenty of tracks on SGP with 30 plus slots up to 64 slots for Nordschleife even :)
Thanks for your comment. I can imagine that there are more urgent things to do and fix on the back end. Just good to hear our issue is actually on the list and will be taken care of in the future.

Last edited:
@Interslice , @Chris Down and I have addressed this to @Bram Hengeveld but he explained that they are working hard on the official launch of the s.gp platform for Race Department and they haven't got time right now to do this. It's the same for quite a long list of tracks that we want to have on s.gp like Bathurst, Thomson, Feldbergring and many others. So I guess we have to be patient.

But seeing that with last and this week all four Wednesday and Sunday events are fully booked, I will choose a track with more than 24 spots for the next events.
Why did we have to switch to S.GP then? Aside from the tracks with limited availability there're obvious back-end issues we had to put up with in almost every GT3 event so far (only two out of six went smooth)

Why did we have to switch to S.GP then? Aside from the tracks with limited availability there're obvious back-end issues we had to put up with in almost every GT3 event so far (only two out of six went smooth)
Dmitry, to be honest, I don't know that. When I started organizing events for RD, I could only use s.gp for that. And I was told that the RD servers will be decommissioned in the (near?) future.

We have a full grid :) ! I'm sorry for everyone who also wanted to join this event:(.
Next week I will select a track with more spots so keep a look at s.gp or the RD site.

See you on track:thumbsup:!

Given this race was the first event I participated in with this group I'm excited to see how much I've progressed. Taking the Z4 again, really getting on with it! See you all on Sunday. :D
Well I did only one gt3 race at Imola according to my cm lap time history.
That was April 2020..
Went for 5 laps via mouse steering and keyboard with my brands hatch Nissan setup yesterday and went half a second quicker than my Audi pb haha.

I bet you gained quite a lot :D
Another track I haven't visited for a long time, but at least I have some Audi setup for it. Probably not very good though, as it's two years old and comes from my pre-VR times
Yeah I'd have some old Audi setup too...
But I bet yours is already 2 seconds quicker :D
Looking for an alternative to try this weekend. I have been consistently using the 911 but with mixed results, I really struggled with it at Brands Hatch then I made them mistake of fiddling around with setups and ended up down a rabbit hole of more inconsistency before resetting it all to default for qualifying and race. :(

I notice the 911 doesn't seem to get used so much and nobody else ran it at Brands. I know the advice of stick to one car when learning, but am I biting off more than I can chew trying to master the 911 at a rather novice skill level? I am sure it can be as quick as the other cars (RSR timing suggests so) in the right hands but in mine as a beginner I wonder if I made the right choice.. I did run a race at Nurburgring in the Z4 as a test which went OK but the 911 drew me back.
I can recommend phils base mugello setup for the Porsche.
Felt really great for me at brands hatch after enabling the TC again (don't know if he's crazy or a pro or it's just that he's disables the TC before the upload...).

If you want my brands setup just shout. After adjusting gears and psi, it should run fine for Imola :)

Last edited:
Yeah I'd have some old Audi setup too...
But I bet yours is already 2 seconds quicker :D
I doubt it's that much quicker. Most time is gained by learning the track and proper lines and adapting to the car you're driving. A good setup can make that process go quicker, but in the end the difference to the stock setup with minimal no-brainer changes should be about a second at most.

No, it is one I made myself for a test pre-season ACRL race. I believe Phil made setups for Mugello, I've never seen any Imola setups available, but could've just missed it

No, it is one I made myself for a test pre-season ACRL race. I believe Phil made setups for Mugello, I've never seen any Imola setups available, but could've just missed it

ah ok. yeah he made a general pack that’s shared a lot. Didn’t know if this was a custom track specific one or what since the name is PQ silverstone.

Without higher temps where the merc can use softs while others are stuck on mediums, not sure how it’d be competitive in these conditions.

Last edited:
I doubt it's that much quicker. Most time is gained by learning the track and proper lines and adapting to the car you're driving. A good setup can make that process go quicker, but in the end the difference to the stock setup with minimal no-brainer changes should be about a second at most.
Yeah I meant you + your setup :roflmao:

ah ok. yeah he made a general pack that’s shared a lot. Didn’t know if this was a custom track specific one or what since the name is PQ silverstone.

Without higher temps where the merc can use softs while others are stuck on mediums, not sure how it’d be competitive in these conditions.
Oh, you meant the AMG setup, I thought you were asking about the Audi one I also mentioned. AMG is indeed a Phil-made setup, but it's not from that shared pack and seems to be totally different

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%