AC GT3 @ Imola - Sunday 18th April 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
wec-spa-francorchamps-2016-71-af-corse-ferrari-488-gte-davide-rigon-sam-bird.jpg

This week we are taking our GT3's to the Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari (in short Imola). This afternoon it's the theater of the Formula 1 circus of the Grand Prix of Emilia Romagna with hopefully a Dutch winner so watched it for some useful tips! It's a technical, counter clockwise circuit with high speed corners and tricky chicanes but with good overtake spots. It's therefore known as a real racer's track! So come join us for 60 minutes of GT3 action!

SGP link: https://beta.simracing.gp/events/_8_M14u3lcS-vl2HXrP0a

1200px-Imola_2009.svg.png

On Wednesdays, there is a great opportunity to prepare yourself for this race by joining a multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 Cup event on the same track. You can learn the racing lines, overtaking spots and even the braking points in a car that's less demanding than the GT3s -- and you can still have a lot of fun at the same time! Search for the multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 event in the Calendar or on the RaceDepartment community on simracing.gp.

Join us

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server Password: click here
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide:
click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Server Name:

• Practice Server: #12
  • Race Server: SGP
Cars: DLC is required for this event

GT3:

Track: Imola
Pit stop: Mandatory
Track Temps: 20C air/26C track
Track Condition: Clear

Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)
Recommended App: CrewChief
(download here)

Voice chat: Discord (speakers obligated, microphone optional)

Free practice: server will be available throughout the week.
Official practice: 18:00 UTC (1 hour 20 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:20 UTC (20 minutes)
Race: 19:40 UTC (60 minutes)[/B]

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

Lets see why the Mercedes doesn't get any love

Interesting to see what you can do with it, at a less brandsy track. I was looking at simresults last night and noticed I was setting nice consistant times(for me at brands) in it when i had clean air, didn't spin and didn't crash into others! Beat my pb in the ferrari from the previous event by over half a second. Good luck!

Not sure if I'll go lambo or 488 myself... Don't seem to be able to drive the 488 anymore.

Last edited:
Interesting to see what you can do with it, at a less brandsy track. I was looking at simresults last night and noticed I was setting nice consistant times(for me at brands) in it when i had clean air, didn't spin and didn't crash into others! Beat my pb in the ferrari from the previous event by over half a second. Good luck!

Not sure if I'll go lambo or 488 myself... Don't seem to be able to drive the 488 anymore.
I practised once at Watkins with it and it felt very stable and easy to drive. Had a great sound too but it was just slow. No idea why. Let’s see how it works out in VR as this adds another level of “feeling the car”

Looking for an alternative to try this weekend. I have been consistently using the 911 but with mixed results, I really struggled with it at Brands Hatch then I made them mistake of fiddling around with setups and ended up down a rabbit hole of more inconsistency before resetting it all to default for qualifying and race. :(

I notice the 911 doesn't seem to get used so much and nobody else ran it at Brands. I know the advice of stick to one car when learning, but am I biting off more than I can chew trying to master the 911 at a rather novice skill level? I am sure it can be as quick as the other cars (RSR timing suggests so) in the right hands but in mine as a beginner I wonder if I made the right choice.. I did run a race at Nurburgring in the Z4 as a test which went OK but the 911 drew me back.

Looking for an alternative to try this weekend. I have been consistently using the 911 but with mixed results, I really struggled with it at Brands Hatch then I made them mistake of fiddling around with setups and ended up down a rabbit hole of more inconsistency before resetting it all to default for qualifying and race. :(

I notice the 911 doesn't seem to get used so much and nobody else ran it at Brands. I know the advice of stick to one car when learning, but am I biting off more than I can chew trying to master the 911 at a rather novice skill level? I am sure it can be as quick as the other cars (RSR timing suggests so) in the right hands but in mine as a beginner I wonder if I made the right choice.. I did run a race at Nurburgring in the Z4 as a test which went OK but the 911 drew me back.
Tim, the 911 isn't popular because it burns the rear tyres and is very tricky when you loose grip on them. I loved the 911 but I always had to choose for the medium tyres. The Z4 is much easier and Stefan shows that you can go really fast with it too. But in the end it al comes down to driver skills. I think I'm at the max for what I can get out of the 488. But some months ago there was a guy Michael Maddelena who beated Chris a couple of times with it. Thanks to him I'm now confident that I haven't chosen a slow car, but I'm simply not skilled enough to join the frontrunners :( .

Last edited:
Tim, the 911 isn't popular because it burns the rear tyres and is very tricky when you loose grip on them. I loved the 911 but I always had to choose for the medium tyres. The Z4 is much easier and Stefan shows that you can go really fast with it too. But in the end it al comes down to driver skills. I think I'm at the max for what I can get out of the 488. But some months ago there was a guy Michael Maddelena who beated Chris a couple of times with it. Thanks to him I'm now confident that I haven't chosen a slow car, but I'm simply not skilled enough to join the frontrunners :( .

Thanks Han. I remember discussing the tyres with you at Kyalami and I ran mostly mediums since. Definitely onboard with the skills being the determining factor :D , just not feeling the 911 is the best bet for trying to obtain them in the first place. In the mean time being concerned about missing the spot for Sunday I have 'panic bought' the Lamborghini for now. Will see what that is like to drive

Thanks Han. I remember discussing the tyres with you at Kyalami and I ran mostly mediums since. Definitely onboard with the skills being the determining factor :D , just not feeling the 911 is the best bet for trying to obtain them in the first place. In the mean time being concerned about missing the spot for Sunday I have 'panic bought' the Lamborghini for now. Will see what that is like to drive
In terms of easy AND capable of performing, the Z4 would be my favourite (beginners) car. As a bonus, there is a great sound mod on RD. The next time we go on a more technical track with less power sections, I'll go with the Z4.

Well my son Enzo was one of the frontrunners with the Lambo so the car is certainly capable. When I started simracing I tried the Lambo with his setup but couldn't come near the laptimes I could do with the 911. It was so optimized for his driving style that is was almost undrivable for me.

I practised once at Watkins with it and it felt very stable and easy to drive. Had a great sound too but it was just slow. No idea why. Let’s see how it works out in VR as this adds another level of “feeling the car”
What I heard about the car was that it requires a lot of setup work to make it fast and competitive. One of the issues is stalling aero if you don't get you ride heights right. Here's an alien Silverstone setup, maybe it will help you figuring it out. At least it could be a starting point

Attachments

• Silverstone_PQ.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 33

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 108 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 204 15.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline