AC GT3 @ Imola - Sunday 18th April 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I still hope for Nords to appear on the calendar eventually, and hey, they do have 108 spots layout on S.GP because Sabine's memorial Ford Transit race used it. It does have an issue though with the start grid being reposition way behind the pits, somewhere around the bridge, so whoever starts from the pits has a pretty big handicap (a couple of Transit vans did that, probably accidentally)

I still hope for Nords to appear on the calendar eventually, and hey, they do have 108 spots layout on S.GP because Sabine's memorial Ford Transit race used it. It does have an issue though with the start grid being reposition way behind the pits, somewhere around the bridge, so whoever starts from the pits has a pretty big handicap (a couple of Transit vans did that, probably accidentally)
I'm a big fan of the green hell and other long tracks like @Fat-Alfie 's. So I certainly are willing to organize those events. But in the past these events with GT3 were not popular. For multiclass Audi/Mazda it's less interesting because there will be no lapping in a 40min race which makes it basically two monoclass events. So I'm open for suggestions for suitable combo's. I think Group C are suitable but those events are organized by @640er .

Besides that, not everyone does know these tracks and it takes a lot of time to learn them which will hold people off, I guess. But maybe with an easy to drive car we can persuade them to invest the time because they can focus on the track and not on the car.

I'm a big fan of the green hell and other long tracks like @Fat-Alfie 's. So I certainly are willing to organize those events. But in the past these events with GT3 were not popular. For multiclass Audi/Mazda it's less interesting because there will be no lapping in a 40min race which makes it basically two monoclass events. So I'm open for suggestions for suitable combo's. I think Group C are suitable but those events are organized by @640er .

Besides that, not everyone does know these tracks and it takes a lot of time to learn them which will hold people off, I guess. But maybe with an easy to drive car we can persuade them to invest the time because they can focus on the track and not on the car.
The last two RD GT3 races there a couple of years ago had a full grid (24 spots back then) plus 4 people on the reserve. And they both were held on weekdays. A race on a weekend would probably gather even bigger attendance (I, for example, can't do mid-week races because that's the middle of a work day for me, Sabine event was an exception I was willing to make).

I agree that multiclass events at Nords would require a longer race and/or bigger pace difference than what exists between mx5/TT to become proper multiclass events

The last two RD GT3 races there a couple of years ago had a full grid (24 spots back then) plus 4 people on the reserve. And they both were held on weekdays. A race on a weekend would probably gather even bigger attendance (I, for example, can't do mid-week races because that's the middle of a work day for me, Sabine event was an exception I was willing to make).

I agree that multiclass events at Nords would require a longer race and/or bigger pace difference than what exists between mx5/TT to become proper multiclass events
I didn't know that from the GT3 events because I wasn't simracing then. But knowing this I will organize a GT3 in the green hell within a couple of weeks!

Nordschleife GT3 was always full grid iirc! I took part in all of them since 2017 I think :roflmao:

Maybe you could announce it a few weeks in advance so people can start to practice?
Even I need to warm up my Nordschleife memory with at least 1-2 hours of practice before getting back to my usual pace.

If you do, please include a link to @RasmusP 's track guide for those who will be willing to learn the track:

Hint: next week you have eat raw herring with onions to win!
1618512156153.png

1618512226699.png

Last edited:
Guys,

On your request I've setup two events on the Nordschleife in advance, so you have enough time to master the track (again).

On the 12th of May the Multiclass: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...-nordschleife-wednesday-12th-may-2021.201792/

On the 16th of May the GT3: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gt3-nordschleife-sunday-16th-may-2021.201794/

A couple of suggestion on nords from experience to make it good fun all around:

- reduce practice time and increase qualifying time due to lap length. Take 15mins off practice and add it to qual
- reduce the overtime or remove it all together for qualifying. No reason people need to sit there for 8mins+ after session end. It also lets everyone know they need to have their lap completed before timer reaches 0

Last edited:
Given this race was the first event I participated in with this group I'm excited to see how much I've progressed. Taking the Z4 again, really getting on with it! See you all on Sunday. :D
Also had one of my first races here at Imola. Got a, for me respectable at thet time, 1:46:something as my fastest lap. And got dead last :D Now I can reach my PB time of 1:43:9xx if I get my **** together. So no worries, you will see progress.

I still have problems with Rivazza, which sucks, cause you can lose quite a bit of time on the straight.
Tosa is a tricky one, you are in with the Z4 right? Try to break after the 50 board, like half or one car lengths behind it. Take coast to the apex and hit the throttle right after you hit it. Try to take a narrow line. Works for me.

Variante Alta, here sometimes break a little earlier then expected really helps. You want a fast exit not a fast entry.
Breaking point is between 70-60 Meters, so a little before the 50 board. If you feel you miss the entry just break a little earlier. (Would suggest start breaking between 100 and 50 board to get a feeling for it. You might thing you have a very slow entry, but thats OK) Shift down to second. You can hit the right side curb a bit, coast through the corner. Avoid getting too much curb on the left side. You can still hit it, with the left wheels. Should be fine. Hit the Throttle when you hit the apex of the left hander. Try to avoid the green run off while accelerating, its quite slippy. If your line is perfect you can even accelerate a little before the second apex.

I needed some time to figure Variante Alta out, and still miss it like every other time :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 260 13.5%