AC GT3 @ Imola - Friday 27 March 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Another day, another race ruined by Assetto Corsa.

Really really competitive grid and qually and a huge lag spike cost me (and Tomi) our races, and with their in-genius penalty system, I got DQ'd for lagging through the chicane.

I've posted about the error in the Assetto Forums for 2 weeks straight and still they've offered me no solution - until they do, I can't compete in any club races, as I'm just upsetting mine and others races with this consistent lag spiking.

Sorry again Tomi, I'll post another complaint in the forums to see if they can help me resolve this issue.

Another race that was enjoyable but frustrating. Frustrating that me and perhaps a few others, are just moving chicanes to overtake. Starting to get a bit peed off with just being a back marker all the time.:(:notworthy::notworthy: Might just go back to offline play.

@Coen, at least we finished the race eh mate. :thumbsup:

Never thought I'd get hit on the green asphalt on the last turn on that first lap. Apologies to whoever hit me, I thought there was enough room since the racing line tends to clip the inside kerb rather than the outside asphalt; and there wasn't much I could do since I was reversing at the speed of a turtle, with those back wheels in the gravel.
Ended up dead last with suspension damage, which took 56 seconds to repair, and about a full lap down on the next person ahead. Comeback time? Eh, sorta. I overtook a fair few people, but I was already two laps down by that point so I only gained a few places with other backmarkers.
First proper race with the GTR; its cornering isn't the greatest, but on the straights. Dang. Need to nurse the throttle a lot coming out of corners as well.
Props to the people I battled a little with, and gj @Akis for showing Godzilla's true colours :)

@Ross Balfour : really feel sorry for you, you really had the pace and we 2 could have had a great fight, 2 GTRs were tow fast anyway. This really was a bad luck, it all has happened just infront of me. Head up, next time batter! This is racing you know, it can happen anytime to anyone.

Anyway, about me and my racing @Imola: not so good, I wasn`t pleased with my pace, and setup didn`t suit me any longer; had to improvise a bit, so I had at least a decent race setup (didnt even bother with qually laptime much), but still was on 4th st. position.
The race start was good, but I knew from the beginning that I don`t stand a chance aginst too fast GTRs. I was looking (as said) to the battle with Ross, but he had that very unfortunate moment, which was completely not his fault.
Somehow I survived the 1st lap and that crash in it, and some close racing in 1st chicane,when some GTR (who started from 3rd position), almost ran me out of the track and race (hey: I was there beside you out of 1st chicane ;) , next time be more careful), so I had a very moment there of catching my MP4.
From then on, it was lapping and I was trying to make some gap between me and Galin Dimov in (again) GTR who was just behind me. Damn, these GTRs, they were all around me :)
Slowly, really slowly did manage to make 2 seconds gap, and then he and the guy who was just behind his neck, had some contact and they both had to pit (or retire, not sure about both). From then on was breathing easier, and could focus on lapping and trying (I knew its hopeless) to catch at least Geof who was in 2nd place. But the gap kept on rising.
At least I didn`t do any silly mistake, and was pretty constant, that`s why I`m quite glad about the race.
Congrats to Akis and Geof who were guys in front of me, well deserved. And congrats on race pace and consistency.
Cya next time.

As an MP4 driver, I have to say that it feels good to drive a car with lots of torque and high top speed for a change! The GTR has a ton of mid-range torque and its top speed is unmatchable. The only thing you have to worry about is the throttle at corner exits. Still the MP4 feels a lot nicer overall. It's so nimble and I think I'll get back to it for the next race.

Lonely race. I think i chose wrong compound (hard). Lasted (99% front , 98% rear) but i had trouble heating them. As a result my pace in race was really slow. I had also some stupid penalty.
At turn 14, i missed the braking point and went slightly off track loosing 1sec of my pace. Rejoined and got a penalty!!!

Thanks @Akis for this event!!!

Also i would appreciate if someone upload replay file!!!

Last edited:
Well it was a very fun first half of the race! We had great battle with @Nasos Charalampou who was about 1s behind me for 12-13 laps and had my mirrors full of his GTR.
Had @Mitja Bonca just ahead and was trying to close the gap but looking too much in the mirror didn't help my case and Mitja was pulling away. Sadly, we got together with Nasos and I got rear damage so had to pit and that was the end of the close racing for me. The second half of the race I was pretty much lapping alone and the only fight I had was with @Tomi Manninen but me being on a fresh set of tires really decided the fight quickly.

Overall mixed feelings about my pace but the first 13 laps were a blast! :thumbsup:
@Akis thanks for organizing it!

Never thought I'd get hit on the green asphalt on the last turn on that first lap. Apologies to whoever hit me, I thought there was enough room since the racing line tends to clip the inside kerb rather than the outside asphalt; and there wasn't much I could do since I was reversing at the speed of a turtle, with those back wheels in the gravel.
Ended up dead last with suspension damage, which took 56 seconds to repair, and about a full lap down on the next person ahead. Comeback time? Eh, sorta. I overtook a fair few people, but I was already two laps down by that point so I only gained a few places with other backmarkers.
First proper race with the GTR; its cornering isn't the greatest, but on the straights. Dang. Need to nurse the throttle a lot coming out of corners as well.
Props to the people I battled a little with, and gj @Akis for showing Godzilla's true colours :)
This unfortunate accident happened to us ,no hard feelings m8 :)
Lost concentracion after that quick. Akis and Geof great work again :thumbsup:
See this http://www.racedepartment.com/media/videos/gt3-imola.8543/
@andy sorry 4 the not close race hihi,next time

Last edited:
Thanks @Akis for the event and for the results (and congrats for your win!).

Since the DLC was released, I realize that I did not actually drive a lot of the cars we previously had in the game. So, I had to get used to the McLaren again, but what a pleasure it is to drive! :D Compared to the Nissan, it has such a low top speed, but I love the way it behaves in corners. The GTs really are the strong point of Assetto Corsa.

Anyway, I lost a lot of spots during my first laps, trying to be careful, and I got a penalty in the chicane (turn 11). But, after that, I found myself in a great group (@IRobot, @Hristo Milushev, and then @EireGreen™), and had some awesome racing moments! It was great knowing we could race fair with everyone letting room for each other. This, is simracing. :thumbsup:
By the way, apologies to @EireGreen™ about the little contact in turn 1 when I braked a bit late, I hope your car didn't get any damage...

Thanks to @Mid-pack Jack, @Beikirch, and @Coen for nailing the job when lapped.

Not the best result for me, but one of the best races I had so far! See you for the next one. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 393 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 263 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 253 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 184 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 313 13.0%