rF2 GT3 @ Ibarra - Friday 01 Nov 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Can anyone confirm the timings? Seems wrong in the opening post.

Schedule: (EU) Friday 01 November 2019
Practice: 20.00 GMT (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 20.20 GMT (10 minutes PRIVATE )
WarmUp: 20.10 GMT (5 minutes)
Race: 20.15 GMT (50 minutes)

-> I assume warmup is 20.30 and race 20.35?

I almost didn't arrive for the race !!, without qualifying, just with one lap, the training was the race, we went last and we went back to the 5th, fighting for the 4th, when a folded driver hits me and takes me out of the fight with ¿ 4th ..., I'm sorry, I don't remember your name? But good fight for the position, ... I had a lot of fun, congratulations to everyone, especially to the podium

Congrats @Ahonen Pauli , that was a crazy win you took in the last corner. Well done! You were clearly faster in the second half of the race. Glad with my pole position though.
I would have said congratulations but you left teamspeak before all drivers finished.
I was almost settling to finish second. Then i found out that i could use the rear tires a bit more and closed in back on your bumper. I imagine you were tired at the end :roflmao:

I almost didn't arrive for the race !!, without qualifying, just with one lap, the training was the race, we went last and we went back to the 5th, fighting for the 4th, when a folded driver hits me and takes me out of the fight with ¿ 4th ..., I'm sorry, I don't remember your name? But good fight for the position, ... I had a lot of fun, congratulations to everyone, especially to the podium
do you mean a backmarker?? you was fighting with me and i made a mistake at one point but although we didn't touch i saw in the mirror it caused you to make a mistake in reaction to mine...i hope i didn't put you off ?? blooming heck , 4th place for me ...not finished that high in ages ! (or finished a race in ages for the matter!)

I would have said congratulations but you left teamspeak before all drivers finished.
I was almost settling to finish second. Then i found out that i could use the rear tires a bit more and closed in back on your bumper. I imagine you were tired at the end :roflmao:
Yep, 50 min races are quite exhausting in VR (and sweaty too...).
Especially when driving P1 from start to the last corner of the last lap :p

It was great fun though, that's what matters.

do you mean a backmarker?? you was fighting with me and i made a mistake at one point but although we didn't touch i saw in the mirror it caused you to make a mistake in reaction to mine...i hope i didn't put you off ?? blooming heck , 4th place for me ...not finished that high in ages ! (or finished a race in ages for the matter!)
no, there it was, when I cut again, it was 2.5 seconds, a folded let you pass and when I went to pass, I hit the corner of the car, then you went to 9 seconds, good race ;) :thumbsup:

Was a great race though, just wished there had been more of us, seems like there is not much love for this circuit?
Sadly for a large portion of people when it's not Spa, Sebring or some other famous track they go "meh" and can't be arsed. Which is a shame as there are plenty of great tracks out there in the world!

And the famous tracks we have now aren't necessarily that because they are the best. Without exposure you can't become known to begin with. So without internationally known big series racing there regularly a track will not become known and that's the first step that is needed to become a famous track. There are always exceptions of course.

But look at Bathurst for example. It's been The Track in Australia and ATCC/V8 Supercars for decades. But only in recent years have become a more known and a "must race" track internationally. I think solely due to the 12 hour race being revived in 2007 and then allowing GT3 cars to take part from 2011 onwards.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back