ACC GT3 Endurance Series | Weekly Events with Assetto Corsa Competizione

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome this. I’ve recently done some 2.4 hour single endurance races on The Sim Grid so that should stand me in good stead!

Quick question, do you think if the numbers are there, that you could branch out to multi class GT3/4 races?

Endurance races are great, but multi class just adds that extra layer of spice!

Signing up for Spa, hopefully none of the dates clash with any of Scotland’s Euro games!

Sounds great ! Unfortunately, spending 2 1/2 hours on simracing on a Saturday night might quicky spell D.I.V.O.R.C.E for the Missus...
Let me negotiate and see what gives...who knows ? ;)

I think I'll be putting practice in during the week here and there, get some brownie points in the week for doing jobs around the house then join for quali to save my marriage :roflmao:

Last edited:
I MUST enter at least one of these.
Not sure about being able to enter Spa race, but i will for sure organise myself for one of the next one.

How about we make this a team based event instead now the driver swap features have been released? https://www.racedepartment.com/news...-team-events-with-driver-swaps-in-seconds.82/

Hmmm, I'm not entirely convinced that this is the way to go...for now...for open events at least. Racing in teams sounds like a great idea for dedicated leagues and such, but might drive away casual -but serious & clean- racers who are just looking for a "quick" & good race with like-minded folk ?
I feel that racing in teams requires a certain amount of "social bonding" between team members, as well as a sense of responsability towards one another (imagine being in a race and a team member fails to show up...). Speaking for myself: I just don't have the time in my life for that, no offense. For a newbie like me, this would take things to a whole new level of "seriousness" in which I just cannot invest...
But like I said, that's just speaking for myself. In general, I think it could open up whole new paths of growth for Simracing.gp as a platform.

I mean lets do a regular enduro race this Saturday and we will follow up with a weekly team based race to practice with driver swaps etc?

let me know please

In light of what I wrote above, it would be great if you could keep doing both types of events. In any way: keep up the good work ! :thumbsup:

Hmmm, I'm not entirely convinced that this is the way to go...for now...for open events at least. Racing in teams sounds like a great idea for dedicated leagues and such, but might drive away casual -but serious & clean- racers who are just looking for a "quick" & good race with like-minded folk ?
I feel that racing in teams requires a certain amount of "social bonding" between team members, as well as a sense of responsability towards one another (imagine being in a race and a team member fails to show up...). Speaking for myself: I just don't have the time in my life for that, no offense. For a newbie like me, this would take things to a whole new level of "seriousness" in which I just cannot invest...
But like I said, that's just speaking for myself. In general, I think it could open up whole new paths of growth for Simracing.gp as a platform.

In light of what I wrote above, it would be great if you could keep doing both types of events. In any way: keep up the good work ! :thumbsup:
Don't worry, I'm still going to be running sprint races one way or another. I'll be taking part in the teams events when they are up and running but my main focus as a staff member is keeping up the cracking races we are having in GT4 and GT3 half hour events.

Last edited:
No worries @SwannyUK , I must admit I was a little "inebriated" last night when I wrote my post, so I might have gotten a bit carried away :rolleyes: (makes me wonder now how I managed to stay on track at Kyalami...:D)

Anyways, carry on !

Last edited:
Looks like everyone has dropped like flies anyway. If the weather elsewhere is anything like it is here then I don't blame anyone for not wanting to sit racing for 1.5 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 81 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 39 6.1%