AC GT3 Endurance @ Brands Hatch - Saturday December 19th 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
thanks for the race last night guys. I was pleased just to finish. I do need some advice on tire temps though. I was running cold tires the whole race. When setting pressures, how many laps should it take for tires to get up to temperature? When I did a few practice laps my temperatures were rising so assumed with more laps they would continue to rise. But that was not the case. Thanks for any pointers in advance. Cheers!

glad my retirement helped you. ;)
No worries. Your retirement didn't help me. I would have preferred to battle you. You were reeling me in over a few laps. I was keeping my eye on your delta. Quicker were I was hit and only a few other places. We should probably all remember that a driver being chased will be slow in...in order to be fast (and safe) out.

I think if I remember correctly, the server where these races are hosted from is in The Netherlands. Connecting to a server in Europe from the States is usually something I would try to avoid as the ping is usually very high as I was experiencing in the middle of qualifying and as the race started.

My pings on the servers hosted in the Netherlands are usually in the high 100s and I don't have much problems. With the new update (1.4) the netcode has improved quite a bit and what wouldn't have worked well before does work well now. I think they have changed the readings out of the quality meter also. It seems to fluctuate quite a bit, but so far no one has seen me warp even on high ping servers. I also race with some of the Aussie guys where my ping is in the 250s.

As for the race, it was the first time messing with the 650s and, just like the older McLaren, I just can't get a feel for the car. No turn in or mid corner grip etc. I was nearly 2s faster a lap with the Audi on the same track with less grip a couple of days ago.

I have to apologyse for that horrible start I did. My car was almost parked the first seconds. I took the outside line to avoid generate a funnel. There was a crash and a spin in front of me and I was lucky to came out clean from it.

First laps of the race were pure fun chasing Mathews and being attacked by Dragos. I lost some pace and decided to pit early. It helped but did not had enough speed, and after a couple of errors, could not attack both drivers at all. Was lucky to gain places by some retirements.

Fun race lots of action at the first part. Thanks for the racing.

Reactions: Si

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back