AC GT3 @ Donington Park, Sunday 28th February 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
But before I decided to bin my Donington replay, sat in suicide sid's car for the whole race, for the first third he was okay, quite a competent driver, I would say good.
Apart from dive-bombing one GT-R on lap 3 at Coppice and shortly after that punting another one in T1 and not waiting for him. Wouldn't call that good.

I don't buy his excuse. Someone creates a new premium RD account, and in his second event 5 days later he lets another person drive instead of him and not even watching and stopping that person from being a d*ckhead on the track? Give me a break.

Let me tell yall a story. Back when I was one of the admins on ALOOG Spa GT2 server, we called that "BSE excuse" (Blame Someone Else). How creative those guys were! I remember one real-life VLN racer being banned because he wrecked someone on purpose (using a name of a real life Italian female racer). He came back saying it was his son driving and we believed him and let him back. In a few weeks, the same Steam account under a different name (also of a real life racer, this time an Italian guy, but not our hero's) was behaving very badly and got banned again. Our guy came back saying it probably was someone who helped him set up his simracing rig and knew his Steam password. Quite a story, right? But we could see through his BS and kept asking for evidence. Long story short, he finally confessed that both times it was him being a nasty boy and he was let back and given the final chance. I've never heard about him since, so either he got his anger under control or stopped coming on the server.

So yeah, my first reaction for "it was my kid/friend/spouse/cat/dog driving" is a healthy skepticism. Some people are just not cut for answering for their own misdeeds

Last edited:
Apart from dive-bombing one GT-R on lap 3 at Coppice and shortly after that punting another one in T1 and not waiting for him. Wouldn't call that good.

I don't buy his excuse. Someone creates a new premium RD account, and in his second event 5 days later he lets another person drive instead of him and not even watching and stopping that person from being a d*ckhead on the track? Give me a break.

Let me tell yall a story. Back when I was an admin on ALOOG Spa GT2 server we called that "BSE excuse" (Blame Someone Else). How creative those guys were! I remember one real-life VLN racer being banned because he wrecked someone on purpose (using a name of a real life Italian female racer). He came back saying it was his son driving and we believed him and let him back. In a few weeks, the same Steam account under a different name (also of a real life racer, this time an Italian guy, but not our hero's) was behaving very badly and got banned again. Our guy came back saying it probably was someone who helped him set up his simracing rig and knew his Steam password. Quite a story, right? But we could see through his BS and kept asking for evidence. Long story short, he finally confessed that both time it was him being a nasty boy and was let back and given the final chance. I've never heard about him since, so either he got his anger under control or stopped coming on the server.

So yeah, my first reaction for "it was my kid/friend/spouse/cat/dog driving" is a healthy skepticism. Some people are just not cut for answering for their own deeds
The point is that obey the rules or get out - isn't it ?

I know the horse has bolted, the horse is back, the gate is locked and everyone had gone home for tea.

But before I decided to bin my Donington replay, sat in suicide sid's car for the whole race, for the first third he was okay, quite a competent driver, I would say good.

( but totally driven by frustration and anger, to the point of not making being able to make rational decisions. )

Then that typical 911 thing struck, overheating tyres after a spin, then the frustration of being overtaken turned into more frustration and anger with the 911.

He then decided to take his frustration and anger out on anyone he could find.

Finally got to the bottom of it all. :)

I do find it pretty annoying I must say when you spin the wheels up even in the grass and the temperature shoots up into the red! Seems to happen so quickly!

I do find it pretty annoying I must say when you spin the wheels up even in the grass and the temperature shoots up into the red! Seems to happen so quickly!
Yeah that one is pretty fun... Not sure how that's calculated...
Probably just the friction coefficient run into the heat equation. Grass in AC normally has some 0.4-0.6x coefficient compared to the .95-1.0 of the road.
You permanently slip and have wheelspin, so the tyres get:
Heat = massive wheelspin x 0.5*road friction = Melting tyres

Somehow I doubt that it's like that in real life... :roflmao:

Last edited:
@demetri

i cannot express myself perfectly, cover all points of view and keep the conversation brief for these articles. I am relying on all to make allowances ?could have clearly worded it better in hindsight.
All I meant was, that he was initially a very competent sim racer, I saw how badly he behaved with the GTR, , but his eventual actions put that way down the list of wrong doing.

So I apologise for my lack of insight in this instance.:)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 513 39.0%