AC GT3 @ Donington Park - Sunday 11th October 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Damn, got disqualified, totally missed that I got a jump start penalty. I did move a bit before the race started so I hit the brake and didn’t see any warning popping up so I tought I was still good.

Ah well, wouldn’t have made much difference in my position in the end as I could not keep up and only managed an 1:30:8 in qualification.

Hopefully better next time!

Well, that was a stupid way to throw away a win after 60 minutes of no mistakes. :( Too worried mentally about the group of four cars ahead potentially holding me up later in the lap, I made my only mistake of the race on the last lap and span at the right hander. Especially after all the tyre management, that was just really stupid. Don't think I ever felt so frustrated after a race.

Congrats to Robert for the win. Sorry about not being there at the end, just too frustrated in myself. Need to work harder.

Last edited:
After ~30min practice i had for this whole new track the result was expected. I really liked this track tho so it was a shame I didn’t have time with this. The race was ermm interesting.. I dont think that I’ve been hitted so many times in a race before.. Well I still managed to P6 which was kinda ok all these things considering. @Raresch I appreciate that u let me pass you at the last lap:thumbsup: there was pretty many punts from you, but that’s racing so no hard feelings :). Congrats to the podium!

Does anyone have simresults files of this because I managed to screw that.

Last edited:
Well, that was a stupid way to throw away a win after 60 minutes of no mistakes. :( Too worried mentally about the group of four cars ahead potentially holding me up later in the lap, I made my only mistake of the race on the last lap and span at the right hander. Especially after all the tyre management, that was just really stupid. Don't think I ever felt so frustrated after a race.

Congrats to Robert for the win. Sorry about not being there at the end, just too frustrated in myself. Need to work harder.
Well it's nice to know that you have human traits after all..... :D

I know my Nissan has an inviting rear, and all are high on testosterone whilst racing

1602450904047.png

but three times evenly spread out in one race is enough for anyone, so reluctantly threw the towel in on this event.

Not that I am bitter about it.
1602451363018.png

Wow! That was intense! Got sick of looking at the back of @Norkin's GTR and had to laugh when we pitted together and came out line astern too

It got real juicy scrapping with @Medilloni, @Norkin and a little bit with @Raresch but I managed to grab a personal best with 5th place and loved every second of it!

Congrats to the podium and thanks @Chris Down for organising!
Congrats for the first P5! You had great pace and I didn’t manage to increase the gap almost at all and after my spin with Raresch you got away.

My setup was straight from last week so it didn’t suite me quite well but this was the most intense race for me in a while. I’ve been in a gap that I have no chance against fastest drivers so I’ve been driving mostly on my on, so it was really fun to have some real racing today, although it was a bit frustrating to get hit so many times :D See ya next week

Terrible race for me too. Just couldn't concentrate. Some great racing from others. John especially from 22nd to 4th, great stuff.

Enjoyed my battles with Han and Ernie!

Unlucky Chris, thanks for putting it on as always, great turnout tonight and a few new faces :thumbsup:

After ~30min practice i had for this whole new track the result was expected. I really liked this track tho so it was a shame I didn’t have time with this. The race was ermm interesting.. I dont think that I’ve been hitted so many times in a race before.. Well I still managed to P6 which was kinda ok all these things considering. @Raresch I appreciate that u let me pass you at the last lap:thumbsup: there was pretty many punts from you, but that’s racing so no hard feelings :). Congrats to the podium!

Does anyone have simresults files of this because I managed to screw that.
I did not let you pass ... I've run out of fuel ... Made my setup between qualy and race, put some formulas, saw 40 laps, and put fuel for that. After the race saw the numbers again and it was written 40.9090909. my brain freezed or something and said 40 it's enough.
At pits didn't see the mistake because I was more concentrated to look after @hape time and where he was.

@Norkin first, in the last laps, when we were in the S.es downhill, you went full throttle into the last bend while I was in the outside and hit me out of the track. You didn't wait and yeah, I was angry ...
Second, when I catched you on the back straight, before the chicane, you moved to the left under braking when you saw that I aimed for the interior. That's why I've hit you.
Third time, in the second to last corner, you moved again to the right after you started braking. Did not anticipated that.
Fourth time, in T1, it is my fault, I've braked at my normal point, even if you were right in front on me. Did not have time to steer outside of the track. But I did wait for you to recover. I could have just sweeped by on the exterior ...
Maybe I should have done that ...

Last edited:
It was a great race indeed. First race for me with the Z4 because I struggled with the R8 in the last two turns. Not much practice so I decided to start at the back. So I did a lot of overtaking, also because @sonzter bumped me off track twice and I had to do it all over again. Sonny, don't you use Helicorsa because I was clearly beside you? I also tried to defend against @GEO147 but he has become so fast in the 650s so I had to let him go. In the end I finished 10th and had a lot of fun.

@Partick Eaton sorry for hitting you in the chicane, I got surprised that you went in so slow and I couldn't brake in time.

Congrats to the podium and thanks Chris for organizing.

Unfortunately I've had to retire due to poor game performance. I was getting 40 fps in VR which led me to making too many mistakes. At the start I suffered a lag spike, which caused me to tap the person in front while braking into Turn 1. Apologies! Hopefully the next race goes smoother..

I recently started a thread here that might provide some guidance into tuning for VR. From my testing, Donington is not very optimized compared to other tracks. While I'm getting 120fps locked or very close on official and even some mods track, this isn't the case here. My end of race average was 95 which sounds fine but when your HMD is set for 120hz, it's not very nice. The Pimax lacks reprojection so you end up with shimmering and stuttering instead. https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-cpu-and-memory-tuning-impact.191745/

Basically, I wouldn't optimize/tune your system around this track. If I had to do it again, I'd disable WeatherFX and PP filters while leaving the other CSP tuning in place.

You can try my CSP settings and then disable WeatherFX and PP filters if you're not getting enough fps: https://acstuff. ru /s/7Ry5

Take out the spaces around the "ru"

Make sure you're on the latest S0L 1.6.x is much better optimized than 1.5.x variants.

@Chris Down if there is a way by the admins to whitelist Content Manage related links it'd be nice. Makes it easier to share settings and replays directly from CM than spamming file hosting and screenshot services.

Last edited:
Thanks for putting on tonight's event @Chris Down , a great combo:thumbsup: Congrats to the podium finishers as always, fantastic lap times, yikes!

My sincere apologies to @Kek700 for the contact into McLean's, I thought I was alongside enough for a split second, then f***ed it up as you came back over for the line, I should have backed out earlier, bugger.

Yet more apologies... to @Norkin Miika, you went very wide out of Melbourne and I drew alongside and I should have known, 'cos you were off-line into Goddards, that you'd protect the line, which is where I gave you a nudge under braking, I hope it didn't spoil your race:(

Other than that. had some great times racing with you all - and yes @butcher85 it was bloody intense! - thanks for such fair racing to you, and all, on a very hard track to make any moves:)

No idea how I ended up in 4th, was late to the party and used a Road America setup which luckily was OK.

Damn, I really miss these Sunday events, wish I could do more of them. Will ask the Mrs for Sundays off work:cautious:

Last edited:
Really enjoyed your video George, nice to put a face to the name. :thumbsup:

I still do not know what @Medilloni , john looks like, although i have an idea.

1602526065552.png

Did not realise how difficult the Nissan was to overtake, not only is it slow through some corners
when you catch it mid corner you are then faced with a big arse

2838202_a_aaawomenwithabigass_jpeg832e6ce46950c4535ebbe1381050bd9c.jpg

Only to see it slowly pull away on the straights again.

OGC.gif
:confused:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I think you had a worse time than I did.

Hey guys I recorded the race last night for fun! And due to Chris not uploading his usual VR I thought I would share this for the giggles!
That was brilliant George, you should definitely do more of these - it's great to see the race from your perspective.

Would love to record my own vids but I guess recording the screen would put too much load on this old banger - my pc, not me :p ...well, I wouldn't have a clue how to do it anyway:laugh:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back