AC GT3 @ Donington Park - Sun 02Sep18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Wish I saw that free slot an hour ago before the other half decided that we're going out for the evening with friends. I suppose I should have checked before that decision was made. Oh well my first race will have to wait.
Have fun guys.

Rgh. I was doing so well until I clipped a kerb too hard and spun. The fightback was going to be great fun but I clipped another kerb too hard and bounced into the wall, requiring repairs. I wasn't looking forward to being a lap down and ruining everyone elses race, so sorry about leaving early.

Rgh. I was doing so well until I clipped a kerb too hard and spun. The fightback was going to be great fun but I clipped another kerb too hard and bounced into the wall, requiring repairs. I wasn't looking forward to being a lap down and ruining everyone elses race, so sorry about leaving early.

No problem ..I was in pits after 3 laps ...lost steering, keyboard and mouse ...a new USB hub should be with me anytime now (Amazon)

That was a close one! Great race everyone.

The race was really a battle of pit strategies up front -- @Aksu for sure planned it better than me on pit strategy, using the soft + 50l strategy, compared to me trying to use one set of mediums the whole race. Would have been really close at the end if not for some accidents from both of us. Glad to have a member of the Finnish Nissan owners' club back :)

On the first few laps my 650S was just trying to kill me, constantly snap oversteering and snap understeering and ended up going onto the grass twice and dropping down to 5th, then doing a recovery drive from there. That's what I get for running a really squirrelly setup with 100l of fuel :coffee:

Last edited:
That was a close one! Great race everyone.

The race was really a battle of pit strategies up front -- @Aksu for sure planned it better than me on pit strategy, using the soft + 50l strategy, compared to me trying to use one set of mediums the whole race. Would have been really close at the end if not for some accidents from both of us. Glad to have a member of the Finnish Nissan owners' club back :)

I was riding with @Aksu on the last five laps @Chris Down he was pushing so hard, I really do not know how he kept it on the black stuff, it was thrilling to watch ..the rear of your car was getting closer and closer ...but well down Chris you kept him behind ...great battle guys :thumbsup:

That was a close one! Great race everyone...... The race was really a battle of pit strategies up front -- for sure planned it better than me on pit strategy, using the soft + 50l strategy, compared to me trying to use one set of mediums the whole race. Would have been really close at the end if not for some accidents from both of us. Glad to have a member of the Finnish Nissan owners' club back :)....
I was just thinking how much I'd learnt tonight, then you post this Chris:p - now I know I really buggered up my tyre strategy:roflmao: Started on mediums that never got past a beautiful shade of dark blue, put softs on annnnddd... perfect!

I need crampons for this learning curve:laugh:

Thanks again Craig @Buster , another great night's racing:thumbsup:

And as usual, my VR onboard:

First few laps are a real shitshow, the car is uncontrollable. It gets better from there.

Thanks for the replay.

I knew before the race the glickenhaus was losing exactly 1 sec per lap on kerbs 4 8 and 9 (1.27.3 hotlap, 1.28.8 full tank race pace). That video pretty much confirmed it. Where you are able to put the inside tyre much beyond the blue kerb, i could only touch the blue part.

I tried saturday to make the dampers work like your 650s on the video, but without success. I had to settle with what I had.
These kerbs are not just "bumps", they are Bump -> dip -> Bump, everyone in front of me was dropping like flies in the first 10 laps because of wrong ride height or damper settings.

Its been fun getting up to speed these past 3 races, but my wrists and shoulders are angry at me, so I need to rest for a few weeks.

nice fight @Iceman_23 :D

cheers

Not my favourite circuit, was going to have
a moan about it.
just watched my replay, It looks now that I have nothing to complain about, seeing the problems most other people had. :whistling:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 243 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 121 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 13.9%