AC GT3 @ Donington Park GP - Wednesday 11 November 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Ricardo I'm going to do unpredictable move... I'm choosing the mclaren because no one else will :cautious:
I hate that snappy little car, but I'll try to tame it :roflmao:

I have no clue @tazza1986 because it's my first one too.

Just in case I'd like to make a pit stop. What's the procedure? Can I make presets somewhere?

There are no presets at AC unfortunately. You have to adjust everything manually during pitstop...
Good way to practise this is to go on public server, and just attend to a race an try out those pitstops :)

Oh, that has become a quickly growing grid.

When testing I felt like this track is more fps consuming than others. Any tips which settings I should decrease to gain the most fps?

My PC: Intel i5-4460, 8gb RAM, Radeon HD 5850

I already have shadows on low, reflections static and circuit detail high... (I'm not at home to check more Details)

When testing I felt like this track is more fps consuming than others. Any tips which settings I should decrease to gain the most fps?

My PC: Intel i5-4460, 8gb RAM, Radeon HD 5850

I already have shadows on low, reflections static and circuit detail high... (I'm not at home to check more Details)
Try lowering world details. As an alternative you can also try to disable HDR (I guess that is "post processing effects" now). Check with the FPS-App if the changes make a difference or not (same places on track, i.e. start finish straight).
If you ALT+TAB out of the game, make sure to hit ALT+ENTER when you come back to re-enter fullscreen mode.

EDIT - Changed my mind on this: Regarding tires for the race - I don't dare to take Meds.
A pitstop is most certainly a bad choice either.

If you get into serious trouble (big damage, zero fuel) you can ESC, go back to pit and continue racing. If you are close to finishing a lap you should do so. Otherwise you have to redo that lap again. However, I have no idea if this "move" is accepted in Club Races. Maybe someone can light me up. Actually I would only use it as a last resort.

Last edited:
Back to pits is frowned upon and not allowed
Thanks for the info!

Regarding the tires ... I accidently came accross some statements that suggest that Meds could be OK for the distance of this race. (http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...ures-v1-6-2-ac-1-3-compatibility.14054/page-8)

I also spotted an interessting app to to prepare for your pitstops (if needed):
Pit Voice (http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pitvoice-release-candidate.7864/)
Speaking seems to be optional. Would be funny when TS is used by all drivers ...

too many variables to count in to say meds will last for the race. You are looking at track temp, pressure, suspension and aero settings and in gt3 abs/tc settings and above all driving style.

too many variables to count in to say meds will last for the race. You are looking at track temp, pressure, suspension and aero settings and in gt3 abs/tc settings and above all driving style.
General guidelines I have witnessed over the course of time is default setup + terrible driving style allows around 40-45 mins of racing on meds and slightly decreasing laptimes halfway in.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back