AC GT3 @ Croft - Sunday 29th November 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Really enjoyed the race. Was having a great little battle with @stribbeck, mostly trading little mistakes then he totally smashed me with his pit strategy.

I want to apologise Simon, since I think I messed up your race due to my poor close racing. Twice I lost it when I thought I was going to hit you and you slowed down after to let me catch up. If you had not done that then you would have been a decent way ahead. :redface:

First time racing the 650. Really liked it. The rear is a little loose, but it was way better on the rears than the 911 and I seemed to be able to brake quite late. Only place I noticed I was really struggling was T2 and I couldn't quite get the power down like others were on the run up to the chicane

Thanks for organising @Chris Down :thumbsup:

Really enjoyed the race. Was having a great little battle with @stribbeck, mostly trading little mistakes then he totally smashed me with his pit strategy.

I want to apologise Simon, since I think I messed up your race due to my poor close racing. Twice I lost it when I thought I was going to hit you and you slowed down after to let me catch up. If you had not done that then you would have been a decent way ahead. :redface:

First time racing the 650. Really liked it. The rear is a little loose, but it was way better on the rears than the 911 and I seemed to be able to brake quite late. Only place I noticed I was really struggling was T2 and I couldn't quite get the power down like others were on the run up to the chicane

Thanks for organising @Chris Down :thumbsup:

@GeekyDeaks Was great fun enjoyed the battle, I was working that 911 as hard as my limited skills would let me it was all over the place as you could probably tell lol

No need to apologise you were quicker than me and it was only a matter of time before you got past :) plus I was enjoying the battle.

I decided I was going to try the same set of tyres for the whole race and add 1l of fuel, but to be honest it was a bad move didn't fell like I have any grip then smashed into the wall pretty hard trying to keep up with you lol.

Thanks for organising the event @Chris Down

Last edited:
Wicked good race everyone! Great job podiums and thanks Chris for another splendid race.

Sorry about the tap on the right into T1...I put my nose where it didn't belong:thumbsdown:...not sure who it was but I'm glad that it didn't take you out of the race.

Had a great time defending for P12 - P13 against @SleepyZz and @uvraver. Unfortunate to see you off on the last lap in Sunny Out, Vili. I was confident you had P13.

Looking at the results -- nice driving @Medilloni :confused::cool:

Looking forward to next Sunday's combination. Have a great week everyone! :D

Thanks for putting this on @Chris Down , a proper off-the wall choice, though an absolutely brilliant one! :thumbsup: Congrats to the well-deserved podium guys, and congrats to all that stayed on track!

Late to quali, rushed to load setup and try for a couple of laps, couldn't keep it on track - had loaded the wrong one ffs:mad:

Race was a lot of fun amongst very fair guys (thank you!), and to be fair @Kek700 Ernie was far too polite with me, but thank you too:p - dilemma was to stay one the one set of med's or go for fresh ones - stayed on the old ones but wish I hadn't... I think. The dilemma of; having a car you can drive flat-out, or nurse shot tyres to avoid traffic again.... I do hate having to think:roflmao:

Thanks again to everyone:)

Was a great race. What a career of a track that is l. Sorry for the swear word at the start :p. I read what you said Rares no problem.
When you hit me it sent me out onto the grass and I just took the straightest line back to the track to 4th.

I think I got lucky with traffic tonight to get 2nd as Jen's was quick in that 488.

My OBS recording recorded only me left hand screen of my triples tonight for some reason, and my replay starts 15 minutes into the race. I'd be very grateful if anyone could share their replay file with me.

Great drive from @Medilloni to take 4th too.

Last edited:
hi
the race yesterday was ok (blue flag seems to be in some cases a problem espacially on such a track) for me.
My race with only a few minor mistakes was not so bad. But at the end i thought were the hell is Ernie coming from? He was a little bit slower and after my pitstop in front of me. So a little look in the replay and he did an astonish splash and dash. So it was a tight finish but your gambling (@Kek700 ) paid off.
So it is more and more complicated now i also have to think about pit stop strategy and not only cut the race into equal halves with tyre change and fuel.
hape

Croft has become one of my favourite tracks.
It's nice to viist new tracks, an adventure.
I was in big doubts about my competitiveness when I saw the WR dropping on RSR
Chris was in his own race, awesome.

Surprised to be on the general pace and had my best qualy and I was able to worry quite a few drivers than I spun at the chicane .

Gave Chris a moment when I crawled back onto track and then had to crawl to the pits with red tyres.
Came out of the pits with Ernie and Hape and worried them for the rest of the race, but this time a lap down!

40+ laps of joy.

Last edited:
Here is my recording using Chris's replay file. had to record it as 2nd place finishes are hard to come by:

Bloody hell! How did you manage to judge re-joining just before the chicane so well :ninja:

I saw another car take the same route in your mirror and then remembered that it was me! :D I was side by side going up to the chicane and wasn't at all sure the person next to me knew I was there... and if I braked I figured it was likely to cause just as much carnage as clattering into the tyre wall

Bloody hell! How did you manage to judge re-joining just before the chicane so well :ninja:

I saw another car take the same route in your mirror and then remembered that it was me! :D I was side by side going up to the chicane and wasn't at all sure the person next to me knew I was there... and if I braked I figured it was likely to cause just as much carnage as clattering into the tyre wall

Ha I cant remember to be honest, adrenaline! I have triples and can see just about as much as one would see in real life, you can see I braked just a tad to avoid a collision with Hape just as I renter the tarmac.

Last edited:
Just looked at the reply, probably one of my best races, met many fair and great drivers; race-long battle for me, trying to keep my head above water, nothing was easy.
Had one moment of panic with Hape, really did not want to lose my place after getting so far into the race.:confused:
Normally, you just occupy your bit of competitive tarmac, meeting just a few drivers, in this race, I was under pressure from most of the field at some point in time throughout the race:):):).

Ha I cant remember to be honest, adrenaline! I have triples and can see just about as much as one would see in real life, you can see I braked just a tad to avoid a collision with Hape just as I renter the tarmac.
Great vid as always George :thumbsup: and I'm envious of the triples, it's a pain relying on track map to see if it's safe to join!

What's that I hear, a new track to check out with the GT3s? Come join us at Bahrain for 60 minutes of action! :thumbsup:

I really enjoyed the race, and was happy to qualify 9th. On the first lap I snuck up to 5th place, but could not hold it against faster drivers.

This track leaves no time to relax at all, so at the end I was tired and sweaty. :geek: I went with mediums for the 1st 40 minutes and then soft for the last stint. This worked pretty well. I was not in any really tough battles and felt like I was driving alone for the most part. For the first time I think I even lapped a couple of drivers.

Thanks for organizing and congratulations to all the finishers. See you next week!

I really enjoyed the race, and was happy to qualify 9th. On the first lap I snuck up to 5th place, but could not hold it against faster drivers.

This track leaves no time to relax at all, so at the end I was tired and sweaty. :geek: I went with mediums for the 1st 40 minutes and then soft for the last stint. This worked pretty well. I was not in any really tough battles and felt like I was driving alone for the most part. For the first time I think I even lapped a couple of drivers.

Thanks for organizing and congratulations to all the finishers. See you next week!
Yeah I noticed you had good pace Pat. You were on my tail for a few laps.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back