AC GT3 @ Croft - Sunday 29th November 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi @Chris Down - sorry, can I be a pain and switch to the 650 please? After trying several of them I found it and the GT-R the most predictable for me around here with the default setup, but the 650 felt a lot more responsive than the GT-R. Appreciate your tips on the setup with the 911, but after what felt like chasing my tail for over an hour I decided to just try some of the other cars instead

Hi @Chris Down - sorry, can I be a pain and switch to the 650 please? After trying several of them I found it and the GT-R the most predictable for me around here with the default setup, but the 650 felt a lot more responsive than the GT-R. Appreciate your tips on the setup with the 911, but after what felt like chasing my tail for over an hour I decided to just try some of the other cars instead

Sure thing :thumbsup:

@Chris Down the event is not on the calendar.

And just a little teaser vid of a few practice laps earlier. Han was on at same time too.

Yeah, tried the R8, Z4 and 488. Not happy with my setups on this track but I'm out of time. So expectations are low for Sunday. You were 1,5s faster in practice, George.

I'm the only one with R8? :cry: so ...I guess nobody has a setup :)

(tl;dr: I plan to use a stable setup rather than a fast one. For the bumps, try avoiding the worst ones instead of trying to tune them out with setup.)

Didn't have much time to practice, so I'm mostly just going off of what logically makes sense, so take this with a pinch of salt :)

I plan to use my Donington Park setup -- I'd recommend starting from there or something similar like Brands Hatch. The bumps in Tower Bend will still be fairly substantial no matter the settings, but I could imagine you might be able to increase the tyre contact by adjusting the fast rebound setting to avoid too much bouncing in the bumps in Tower Bend and just before the hairpin.

Personally I don't plan to bother fiddling too much with fast dampers, it only saves a very small amount of time even in the best case scenario, and it probably makes the car a bit more nervous in the final hairpin itself since one actually wants to use the kerb there, so I'd rather have a more stable setup than a faster one.

The most important thing from my few laps of practice is really getting the right line to avoid the worst bumps altogether, rather than trying to tuning them out with setup, since it doesn't seem to help much.

Last edited:
Well that was absolutely terrific fun. The track at points more resembles a kart track than a GT3 one, especially with all the bumps and the fast chicane -- great fun :) Here are the results for anyone who wants them: https://simresults.net/201129-Fr4

Race went really well for me, no major mistakes. A couple of scary moments in Sunny In, but nothing too code brown-esque. :p Oh yeah, and the left hand side of that chicane in VR is definitely scary...

Thanks everyone for coming out this week! I saw some great battles happening, looks like a lot of people enjoying the track which is always great to see :thumbsup:

And congrats to @FischBoB and @GEO147 on the podium! Great stuff. I'll even forgive the T1 punt since I didn't die ;)

Looking forward to racing with you all next week!

Last edited:
Very hard circuit. Fun, but very hard. Especially for overtaking (more on that later).

Started P4, good enough. Then punted @GEO147 in the chicane (sorry about that, but you've went in not to hit Jens so I couldn't avoid it). Then wanted to wait for you and you've just gone straight and suddenly I was P10 :cry: :cry:

Now, overtaking was so hard here, tried 2 times on @Kek700 and I failed miserably, spinning both times, once being hit, once by myself. Glad that Earnie was OK every time.

Than it was just strategy. As I couldn't overtake on track, I just tried to push as hard as I can and get the seconds down, and when I am 1s behind, to pit and not lose time in battle. But then, everyone pitted early so I've had to go long instead, watching the laptimes and be faster than the buys that were in front. And pitted with 20min left or so, when I started to lose time due to tires. And I've exit long before Earnie and the rest :D P5 in the end. Good enough for how many mistakes I've had.

Congrats to the podiums and everybody involved. Finishing a race here is an achievement of it's own/

Last edited:
Really enjoyed that, the 911 was a real challenge, out of the 40 laps, none were easy, nearly bounced of the track every lap.
There was not one lap were it felt secure, as for the chicane, my heart was in my mouth every lap. :roflmao: :roflmao:

Great event, well done to all the very deserved finishers, and podiums.

Thank-you @Chris Down for putting on this event.:)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%