AC GT3 @ Croft - Sunday 29th November 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I think I can come out to play... can you put me down for the 911 please @Chris Down ? I did a quick blast to check I remember the track and it seems a lot more upset by the bumps than the Nissan. Would it benefit from any suspension tweaks? If so, any hints for a default setup junkie?

I think I can come out to play... can you put me down for the 911 please @Chris Down ? I did a quick blast to check I remember the track and it seems a lot more upset by the bumps than the Nissan. Would it benefit from any suspension tweaks? If so, any hints for a default setup junkie?

Welcome mate!

The 911 in general is more on the nervous side over kerbs than others, but the rotation is really good. You can try maybe softening the suspension and reducing the fast dampers. Have a think about whether the instability is on the way up or the way down, and then you can adjust fast rebound/bump accordingly :)

I’ve decided to go 911, a difficult car around this circuit, has an inbuilt stiffness that just does not suit this circuit.
I have driven them all, the 650S is by far the quickest followed by the, ironically, Z4. The rest are after these two, the AMG and Lamborghini are out of their depth here, all this is with me driving them, obviously. :)

So can you swap me for a 911 please @Chris Down

Just love the sound of it’s screaming engine. :)
Funny, I was thinking the same thing about the GT-R! Thought it had a more throaty rumble than the 911...

I'm a bit lost with tweaking the suspension to help with the bumps, so I'd be very interested to see your setup in that regard if you don't mind :thumbsup: I thought I understood it, but I'm not feeling much difference in the car behaviour. I am only making changes a click at a time on all four corners for a single thing though i.e. spring rate or bump or rebound, so maybe to be expected?

Last edited:
Funny, I was thinking the same thing about the GT-R! Thought it had a more throaty rumble than the 911...

I'm a bit lost with tweaking the suspension to help with the bumps, so I'd be very interested to see your setup in that regard if you don't mind :thumbsup: I thought I understood it, but I'm not feeling much difference in the car behaviour. I am only making changes a click at a time on all four corners for a single thing though i.e. spring rate or bump or rebound, so maybe to be expected?

If you're not sure what the effects of a particular setting are, just to feel it, I suggest setting it to the lowest bound, and then the highest bound. Then you should get some kind of feeling about what that setting does, and can work out a good place to start :)

@GeekyDeaks

more than happy to share my setup with you, just noticed you are 911 it too.

my setup is pretty radical, it may not suit you at all, not many compliments on my setups, plenty of criticism though :roflmao::roflmao:

but if you are willing to give it a go , happy to share.

it is not unusual for me to spot a problems with my setup during a race only to fix the problem area the next day and go quicker.
If it were a one car go for me, in a league, then I would have saved setups, but I never know what circuit or what car.

To be honest, Croft is not a run of the mill normal GT3 race circuit by any stretch of the imagination.

I will post it if you want, it is up to you, don’t expect miracles. The 911 is definitely not a Croft car, the Z4 or 650S are much better suited..
The SGC is quick here too but is an alcoholic drunk with Petrol. And would require too much effort on my part to get it to work for me, also seems to like sending tyres immediately and permanently to Zone Red.

Did not run the R8. ?
:)

To be honest, Croft is not a run of the mill normal GT3 race circuit by any stretch of the imagination.
Nelson Piquet, who never won Monaco. “It’s like riding a bicycle around your living room.” Drove this tonight and the thought went through my brain cell :laugh: :roflmao:

I love it, totally different to what we're used to:inlove:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back