rF2 GT3 Club @ Suzuka International - Sat 3rd May

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I am thinking about signing out again.
Just drove the new update and the cars are now even more ridiculous than before. Especially the gap between certain cars. Jumped from the 458 into the McLaren and was instantly 2 seconds faster. The cars are now way beyond the speed of a GT3 car and balance is more like an F1 car.

I hope we will switch to a diffrent mod in the future. It was ok at the start, but it pretty much gets worse with every update.

The cars are now even more ridiculous than before.[...]
The cars are now way beyond the speed of a GT3 car and balance is more like an F1 car.

Neither the engine, gearbox, suspension or aero has been changed since 0.99c ;)
In addition you hotlapped 1:49:7 at Monza - the real BES did a 1:49.5, so I would call that close enough :p

Jumped from the 458 into the McLaren and was instantly 2 seconds faster.

But this is a good observation: By default the F458, SLS, McLaren und Nissan have ~25% less brake torque (~1000N). This has been reported and the mod makers are looking into it.
In the meantime we found a balance patch and used it since Monza.
Unfortunately we forgot to apply it to the F458 for this race - sorry for that :)

For everyone: The F458 currently has a handicap - you are free to use it, but your brakes will only have 75% torque!

Last edited:
Whatever I tried (re-installing the BES mod/ RD mod / cleaning the installed directory did all these step 3/4 times) I can only choose bop1 cars, besides the audi. I had my practise in the Aston Martin. But as it's not available for me I decided to try my final luck in the McLaren... Which will be a second slower. :p

Last edited:
I really wanted to race this, but it's an hour after I started upgrading the mod and the track and I am running in circles.

I have everything downloaded but it's still tell me I am missing dependencies. Meanwhile, I reactivated the old cars and the old track just in case, no dice.

This thing is baffling, but now even if I manage to start from scratch and make it work,. I have missed valuable practice time and not only I am going to get creamed on track, but I risk being a movable chicane.

I hope you guys have fun.

I hope we will switch to a diffrent mod in the future. It was ok at the start, but it pretty much gets worse with every update.

Come on Freddy, don't sign out. At the end of the day this is all for a bit of fun. We know the mod isn't perfect (but not many mods are), and we do intend to try out others in the future (when they're released). However, at the moment, this is the only option we have. Using the URD mod isn't really a solution because people may not want to buy it, and they would possibly discourage them from partaking in club events. But rest assured your comments have been heard, and we are looking into it. ;) Hopefully we'll see you on the server this evening! :D

I really wanted to race this, but it's an hour after I started upgrading the mod and the track and I am running in circles.

I have everything downloaded but it's still tell me I am missing dependencies. Meanwhile, I reactivated the old cars and the old track just in case, no dice.

This thing is baffling, but now even if I manage to start from scratch and make it work,. I have missed valuable practice time and not only I am going to get creamed on track, but I risk being a movable chicane.

I hope you guys have fun.

Only install the track and cars. You
The vmod will be automatically downloaded and installed for you when you go to access the server. I hope that helps. :thumbsup:

Only install the track and cars. You
The vmod will be automatically downloaded and installed for you when you go to access the server. I hope that helps. :thumbsup:
I appreciate the help, but I have tried that multiple times. I uninstalled everything and then installed again. The mod gets installed just fine, but then it wants to download all the cars again even though they are already downloaded.

The weird thing is that it successfully downloads half the cars but it chokes on the other half.

I need to go to sleep and I won't be racing tomorrow.

I was hoping to put an hour worth of practice before going to be, it turned into an hour worth of maddening screwing around with rFactor2. This system is terrible. They have certainly improved it, but the dependencies and the bugs make it a royal waste of time.

You guys have fun.

Come on Freddy, don't sign out. At the end of the day this is all for a bit of fun. We know the mod isn't perfect (but not many mods are), and we do intend to try out others in the future (when they're released). However, at the moment, this is the only option we have. Using the URD mod isn't really a solution because people may not want to buy it, and they would possibly discourage them from partaking in club events. But rest assured your comments have been heard, and we are looking into it. ;) Hopefully we'll see you on the server this evening! :D
Yes, I know, but was a bit much driving last week preparing for a week and that change was basically the last thing I needed to sign out ;)
I might join the server and watch the start.

Maybe we could try the URD Mod once. I knos that a lot of drivers here own it or we could run a race with two or three classes with ISI cars. (Maybe Corvette/Camaro, Megane/370Z, Civic/Clio)

Laptime wise I checked it and GT3 cars at Suzuka are around 2 seconds slower in real life and that was without building a setup, but that could be the track as well.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back