rF2 GT3 Club @ Spa Francorchamps - Friday 23rd October 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
well, this was a disapointing event for me, after a promising start i crashed in lap 3 and had to pit for repairs, after 82 seconds of pit stop i rejoined in front of the leaders, but 2 laps later, when the leaders were catching me i spun and hit the wall without damage to the car, but the time i would lose to be able to rejoin safely would be too much, so i ended up quitting the race. :(
hopefully next race will be better ;)

my frames got too bad to properly race after a while I was done with it, I'll try to fix it for next week :thumbsup:

@Andreas Oehrlich sorry for that tap in the bus stop chicane early on, I kinda half lost it under braking and tried to scratch off as much speed as I could before the apex.
No problem @Tal . I was just surprised you turned in so slow into the last chicane. Didnt notice you lost control in the braking zone. After I watched the replay I have to say ... nice catch :thumbsup:, BIG MOMENT for you I guess.
It was a nice and fair fight with you. Very interessting to see the different setup settings.

Good to see so much drivers out there. Will see you all on the next track ;)

To be honest, the race not going as planned worked okay as I was hungry and went to heat up porridge I had made the previous day :D To be specific it was semolina porridge and I had it with apple-rhubarb soup.

And now I want to start a Finnish sim racer food blog :D
Ah! so it's the porridge that makes you so quick lol right, I'm off to the shop.

I had a great night. Thanx guys! :thumbsup:

Qualified as 12th with 100 liters in the tank.:roflmao: It was the fuel load which I was gonna take in the race. In the garage it said that 100liters was good enough for 19 laps. Afterwards I heared that 60 liters would had been enough. :cautious:
I had a great race start and gained 2 spots. Had a great run out of ea rouge. Was on the right side to pass two guys like Hakinnen did with Schumacher on Zonta. I watched those too closely which made me miss my breaking point by 10 meters or so. I could avoid contact, but was clipped from behind which made me go left into the barrier. Suspension damage left front and rear. Was 17th instead of 8th.:notworthy:
I continued and had a really nice pace and was having a great battle for 8th(?) with Daiman. At the end of lap 10 breaking for the bus stop chicane, my engine just died on me.:( Haven't felt so dissapointed for a long time. I really wanted to make the finish.
I stayed online to watch the battles around the field. Had a great evening.

What I said, thanks guys!!! See you soon again. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
WOW! What a return race it was for me! :D I feared being completely off the pace, having not been behind the wheel for the past 4 months, but was surprised at what I managed to achieve. Not to mention that I had great fun! It was just like old times, only with a lot of new faces which was fantastic to see. :)

My race was essentially one long battle from start to finish. My fight with @Marius Neverauskas was brilliantly exciting; Marius, in his Porsche, and me in the F458, were almost nose to tail for large parts of the race. Whilst he would pull away in the first and third sectors, I would reclose the gap in the middle sector, resulting in a real ebb and flow battle for position. @Joao Fernandes, with his blinding pace, was quick to join the party, and we had a fantastic three-way skirmish on our hands. As they began to pull away, after I made some mistakes under braking due to a misconfigured brake-bias, I found myself in a fight with fellow veteran @Stefan Woudenberg which was shaping up quite nicely before he inexplicably lost all power and was out of the race. Fortunately, after making my way through some traffic, I begun to make some headway and was soon back in a scrap for 5th with Joao and Marius - I'm not sure if you were struggling with tyres, but it appeared as though you were low on grip. Nonetheless, the battle continued, until Joao and I had a coming together when we decided it would be a good idea to go through Eau Rouge two wide; apologies for this mate, it was completely my fault - you were in my blind spot, so I couldn't see where you were, and ended up accidentally squeezing you in a little. Fortunately the incident wasn't serious - just a slide across the track - and we were both able to resume. Joao then pulled away again, leaving Marius and I to battle it out until the end for 6th and 7th.

At this point I would also like to apologise to Marius, firstly for the little incident at Campus where we had a slight coming together, and also for the scare into the Bus Stop chicane a lap or two before the end of the race. With the latter I tried to be brave on the brakes, but unfortunately I locked up on the marbles and was sent in to a spin. I don't believe there was any contact, but I'm sorry if there was.

All in all it was a successful race, in spite of the minor incidents and not managing to overtake Marius. :p Last night's fight is probably the closest and the best that I have ever had in all of the years I've been sim-racing.

Thanks to all of you who took part! To those we lost during the course of the race, it was a shame, and hopefully you'll be back again for more next time. :thumbsup: I would also like to thank all of you who were on TS last night - Stefan, @Tal, @Yuri, @quicksilver384, and the rest (sorry, I didn't get all of your names, so apologies if I've missed you out) - for the advice, and most importantly the banter! :laugh:

It was great to be back again. I had forgotten what I was missing, but the desire has returned! So I shall hopefully see you all again next week for some more racing! ;)

My question now is: why did't rfactor show me that warning temperature thingy? My dashmeter pro failed on me as well.

At the end of lap 10 breaking for the bus stop chicane, my engine just died on me.:(

This has been known to happen. I've experienced this issue on a couple of occasions - the engine dies without any prior warning, but temperatures are "normal" and the car wasn't over-revved (either under acceleration or whilst downshifting). I am not sure of the reason, but my guess is that there may be some other mechanical / engine failure that rF2 doesn't show properly in its UI (usually such problems are simply displayed as a suspension failure), but if you were to take a look at the numbers deep within the sim then you might see the actual cause. Either that, or it's a bug. :p

Nevertheless, I'm sorry that your races ended this way. Hopefully it won't be a common occurrence. Might be worth reporting it to ISI, or the mod developer.

@Daiman Patel I guess going through Eau Rouge side by side wasn't the best idea. :p
Nothing major in the damage department just a little bit of tire wear from saving the car. ;)

My race didn't start that good. Was involved in an incident that made go to the back of the field.
Once again it was time to recover and after some minutes i reached Daiman and Marius. That was a nice couple of laps. I was faster overall but the speed of the Porsche on the straights made it very hard to overtake. Daiman stayed in that battle and it was my opportunity to open a gap.

After some hard work i was able to get some distance but a spin in the chicane meant that i was going to work hard again.:D Finally was able to do it and this time no mistakes to damage my race.
I was even able to gain some time to the car in front but there wasn't enough time to challenge the position.

It was a fun race and even with that incident on the first lap i was able to have a great time going through the field.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back