rF2 GT3 Club @ Silverstone - Friday 30th October 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I'm very disappointed that I had to drop out. My CPU spikes were out of hand. I'm trying an FFB update rate tweak to see if that helps, and I'm defragmenting my rFactor2 folder. Next up will be a Windows 7 reinstall, and if that still doesn't improve matters, I will definitely have to prioritise getting a new CPU.

I'm very disappointed that I had to drop out. My CPU spikes were out of hand. I'm trying an FFB update rate tweak to see if that helps, and I'm defragmenting my rFactor2 folder. Next up will be a Windows 7 reinstall, and if that still doesn't improve matters, I will definitely have to prioritise getting a new CPU.

Im running an AMD FX 4100 4-core 3.6Ghz and runs no problem.

Ok so once again I fail to finish a club race.

Well that was disappointing, looked forward to this all week, concentrated on this race instead of entering other club races.
Had a personal best in Qualy so happy about that :)
Race: Decent start off the line, then got tagged from behind a few corners in :cry:, sent me spinning, tyres ruined(man the vibration) last place :(.....
Tried to fight through the field, perhaps a bit to aggressive :cautious: came in for tyres(after 10/11 laps) as mine were on the rims :rolleyes: then had a stop & go for speeding :mad: no idea why, gave up after that, oh well, the moral of my story is bollocks to practising next time.... :confused::)

I had great fun.
@PaulH was showing great pace in a similar car (nissan) but I was undaunted.
My ambitions were put in their place with P8 in quali.
I had my signature crappy getaway (largely due to me liking to have a useable 1st gear) losing 3 places off the line to P11.
I managed to stay out of trouble taking a very conservative sector 1 and got monstered by some keener starters. Some had issues and I was left about P8, fought for many laps with a 911 piloted by @Kresh but he defended and coverered the line very well. I tried to give mega pressure all the while thinking " he is sucking me in to cooking my front tyres"
At last a spin in the final chicane let me through, then a Ferrari with Javier @elpolan was on my gearbox (like .8 sec or less) for about 10 laps. I held him off taking my example from Kresh earlier.
It was funny my front left was suffering and at about lap 17 I thought I will be eaten up by the Ferrari (Javier) but his tyres must have been as bad and in fact he finally dropped off around lap 22 when I caught my Nords 24 Team mate Sharjeel. I thought I was going to have to say "make him wait a sector or two" under blue flag. I ended P5 and was +33 sec from the winner. So pretty happy with that. The guys at the front are pretty handy. It's not beyond living memory that I'd have been lapped. I'm getting closer.

Last edited:
It was an intense but at the same time a bit boring and frustrating race :D

I just didn't have anything against @Frederic Schornstein @Andreas Oehrlich or @Mark Breslin. I could just about hang on to them. Or rather not drop behind at a faster pace. The fact that I was right there within a second of P1 at the line was because I made smaller and/or slightly less mistakes and because backmarkers slowed Mark down and early in the race Fred and Andreas fought a little.

So the whole race was just me giving it everything and hoping higher positions would drop on my lap :D It happened once when Andreas lost it entering Hangar straight and got up to P3 then. Was hoping I would have slightly more tyres left toward the end but don't think that was the case. Or that it didn't matter.

Thanks everyone for joining :)

I'm starting to get fed up with the graphical glitches/issues with the Apex Z4 so I think I need to find a new car for next week #WhereIsMyC6R :D

'Intense' definitely sums it up for me.!!
Had good pace, but was worried that front tyre wear would cost me any decent position, so I took more rear wing off to help balance the wear.....(that was my theory):O_o:
Worked............kind of.!
It allowed me too keep with the front 2, @Frederic Schornstein & @Andreas Oehrlich, while keeping @Tero Dahlberg at bay down the straights.!:whistling:
Not knowing if my tyres would last, I held position waiting for an opportunity too come my way; which it did.!
First Andreas lost the rear and went off to visit the greenery, then Frederic on lap 12 (I think) made the smallest error allowing me to come alongside down (hanger straight?), to take the inside line........JUST.!!:sneaky: (ABS.....gotta love it.!!)
From then on it was a case of making no mistakes and keeping an eye on tyre wear.!! I just couldn't go any quicker to shake Frederic & Tero who followed less than a second behind for the remainder of the race.
Crossing the line for my first RF2 GT win was great fun, ...........and relief with only 14% front tyre wear left!!!!:whistling:
Thanks to all, (would have spoken more on TS, but for the amount of concentration I needed.!!) :thumbsup:

I'm starting to get fed up with the graphical glitches/issues with the Apex Z4 so I think I need to find a new car for next week #WhereIsMyC6R :D
Do you mean the ISI C6.R, URD C6.R or the N24 C6.R? :p Just let me know and I'll be sure to add it next week; I was actually planning to include it as part of this week's line-up, along with the N24 GT-R, but I didn't know which one to choose. :laugh:

Do you mean the ISI C6.R, URD C6.R or the N24 C6.R? :p Just let me know and I'll be sure to add it next week; I was actually planning to include it as part of this week's line-up, along with the N24 GT-R, but I didn't know which one to choose. :laugh:
The one we've used in the past, N24 C6.R :D That comment was semi serious, as I got a feeling that it might be an OP car...? It felt like no other car could match its performance. I would like to see things being close like at Silverstone last night :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back