rF2 GT3 Club @ Road America - Friday 28th August 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Gents,
I have updated my install to 998. I didn't realise we would not be using it. I understand it might not be possible to update but I don't really want to roll back the install for one club race (much as I enjoy them).

So if its still 982 I will have to pull out, sorry and have fun.

Gents,
I have updated my install to 998. I didn't realise we would not be using it. I understand it might not be possible to update but I don't really want to roll back the install for one club race (much as I enjoy them).

So if its still 982 I will have to pull out, sorry and have fun.
It would be shame if you dropped out David. You could still download Build 982 from the archive, on the rF2 site, and install this standalone. :rolleyes: But if not then we'll see you back online next week, by which time the servers will have been updated.

sorry @Martin Bulgin, I was in the wrong there. You shouldn't have waited. Totally on me. I was caught out by how late you braked into that corner and tried too late to defend.

Sorry, I didn't make it...

Little emergency at home:
My little nephew and his mother came for a visit. The little guy is known to wreck himself.
He came in house, jumped over the couch, didn't make it, fell, scraped his ear open on the corner of the table. The top of his ear was split in 2. :speechless: 13 stitches... He is OK. :sick:

Sorry, I didn't make it...

Little emergency at home:
My little nephew and his mother came for a visit. The little guy is known to wreck himself.
He came in house, jumped over the couch, didn't make it, fell, scraped his ear open on the corner of the table. The top of his ear was split in 2. :speechless: 13 stitches... He is OK. :sick:
woa that's not good to hear, at least there's a race again next week ;)

I qualified 3rd and then had one of my worst ever starts, I bogged down and then compounded it by selecting 2nd gear, I think all but one car passed me, :( I kept my head down had a few tussles and got up to about 6th, I decided to pit for fresh tyres when the next car in front was too far away for me to catch, Theo must have had the same idea because I think he pitted for fresh rubber also, we then had a fair few laps having a good battle :thumbsup: until I managed to get by somehow, I'm starting to really enjoy these type of cars as I get used to the different style needed to drive them.
Thanks Daiman for setting things up.

What a race. :thumbsup:
From the beginning it was clear that the gaps wouldn't be too big to relax and so it was intense trying to push while managing the tires the best i could.
The last few minutes the front left tire lost grip and the rear left started to give me trouble. With @Yuri close behind and faster things weren't looking great for my Ferrari.:p
On the last corner the tires couldn't keep up and a little twitch made me loose some exit speed which gave him the edge at the finish line.
It was a great evening and a lot of fun. Thank you all. ;)

A very close finish. :thumbsup:

12620-1440850951-c7324916dca91a52fe8c57a2a7410d86.jpg

The powernet my wheel was connected to (it's a different one than to which my pc is plugged in) dropped out, which led to quite a silly crash down the straight.

Anyway, looking forward to next week!

Interesting to see your driving style, in specific your braking technique ^^ very very different aproach than i do :)
Well, I only started left foot braking when my brake died and I had to use my clutch as a brake. Since then I've been just really trying tonget used to it but now I seem to brake later then most, eith the BES anyways

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 159 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.3%