Daiman Patel

rFactor 2 Technical Assistant
IFGttEw.jpg

Event Details:
Server:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GT3
Track: Poznan
Car: Blancpain Endurance Series
(Templates), BOP Apex Modding GT3 (N24) (Sounds - REQUIRED) (Templates), BOP Corvette C6.R (N24)

Choose your poison on the day, and feel free to switch between cars during the practice session. You will have the following to choose from:
  • Audi R8 (LMS & Ultra version)
  • Ferrari F458
  • Ferrari F430
  • Mercedes SLS AMG GT3
  • McLaren MP4-12C GT3
  • Porsche 997 GT3-R
  • BMW Z4 GT3
  • Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 [CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE]
  • Nissan Nismo GT-R GT3
  • Lamborghini Gallardo LP600+
  • N24 BOP Apex Modding GT3, by Apex Modding, @Frederic Schornstein et al.
  • N24 Chevrolet Corvette, by ISI, @Frederic Schornstein et al.

Weather:
Dry
Road condition: Rubber on track where possible
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel use: 1x (pit-stops will NOT be mandatory)
Mechanical failure: Time scaled

Assists
Traction control:
Low
ABS: Low
Auto-clutch: Allowed

Race
Practice:
19:30 GMT
Qualifying: 20:00 GMT - 20 minutes [NO Parc Fermé]
Warm up:
20:20 GMT - 5 minutes
Race: 20:30 GMT - 45 minutes [formation lap + standing start]

Racedepartment Calendar: Click here
Server password: Click here
Racing rules: Click here
Clock GMT: Click here

Note: You must be a Premium member in order to participate. Upgrade your account here.

Sign-up list:
  1. Daiman Patel
  2. Stefan Woudenberg
  3. Phil Shillitoe
  4. Frederic Schornstein *
  5. Evan Spall
  6. Andrew Ford *
  7. Genci Estebanez
  8. Oli McGown
  9. John Souter *
  10. Sharjeel Riaz *
  11. Krzysztof Sobczak
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. ...

Note: Please sign out well in time (at least 1 hour before the practise session begins) if you're unable to make the race. Thanks! :)

SERVER IS UP!

utp: 16

Last edited:
sick how slow the Lambo is compared to the others... did about an hour of setup work with it.. then jumped in the Porsche with my setup from last week and instantly went 2s faster haha

Question though... is there any mod which makes the display of the start lights better? In the last two races I've just been reacting to the people around me at the start lol

sick how slow the Lambo is compared to the others... did about an hour of setup work with it.. then jumped in the Porsche with my setup from last week and instantly went 2s faster haha

Question though... is there any mod which makes the display of the start lights better? In the last two races I've just been reacting to the people around me at the start lol
Unfortunately the cars aren't particularly well balanced, certainly for sprint races. Hopefully there will be a BOP at some point to even it up.

As for the start lights, you can use the TrackMap plugin with the corresponding widget (which will disappear once the lights turn green, so no fear of the widget always being visible. :thumbsup: In the past couple of races I have also noticed that the klaxon isn't quite as audible as it used to be - I don't know if this is track specific, or a global setting; like you, I have needed to react to guys around me, and look at when the timer starts to know when the race is underway... it's quite scary! :sick:

I normally write lots but I'm out for the day ...so I will post a few words .
Firstly , a massive thank you to daimen for organising all this . What a great guy to work so hard for us sim racers !

Also thanks to all those who turned up .
I went on a bit before practise as I had no clue how each car would feel . In the end I plumped for the vette which ironically carried my teams txl livery .

In quali I couldn't hook up a lap for ages so it was close but I knew there were a few tenths in the bag...However in the end I managed to get a decent lap of 1.29.5? With a half second gap to p2.

The race Was great up to 2/3 distance . I got a decent start and just took it easy .defending early on and pacing myself .I knew this was a front limited circuit and my style is to trail brake .I also lacked a bit of confidence locking on certain corners ..so I was cautious but gradually upped the pace and had a 10 second gap with pace in the bag .I thought this might be my second win in the week !
However when oli moved into free air and second place ..The gap started coming down to around six or seven seconds .I responded and the gap moved to eight until ...I took eyes off screen looking at timing and went off road at turn one .suddenly the gap was nothing ! After a bit of pressure from oli and tyre damage I spun and fortunately didn't collect oli. He took the lead and for the remaining laps , with now red tyres I had to just defend against stefan who put Me under a lot of pressure . He was I might add extremely fair .
Overall I was a bit gutted not to win as I feel I kind of threw the race away but oli was quick and for me to now be competing for race wins shows I've improved over recent years .It's nice that rational thinking and experimenting can pay off .hopefully my improvement will continue . I do wonder how much abs can benefit racers at a tyre limited circuit and wonder if it should carry some kind of handicap . I also wonder how even these cars are ? I like fairness all round ..even for a fun race . That's said ..This was a lot of fun and all drivers showed great respect from what I saw. Thank you all again

Congrats to oli on the win and all the guys for making this a successful race.

I might be doing a twelve hour race at bathurst in February so I might need one or two of you to support txl racing/race with me and some others ! Watch this space.

P's I couldn't resist writing too much in the end could I ?lol

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years