rF2 GT3 Club @ Mountain Peak Speedway - Friday 2nd October 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Shortly decided to start.

So P3 in qualy was good. More than expected.
Had a good start of the line and then in the first corner o lot of luck because cars had been flying by on both side but nothing hit me :).
Could quick build a small gap but than i realized i started with to less fuel. During my fuel saving Ferderic and Joao came closer until they made a mistake and i had a nice gap.
The rest of the race was more or less trying to manage the gap and the fuel consumption. Only lost 3-4sec lapping Sharjeel because he was quicker on the straights but a lot slower in the infield. Sorry for the slight tap there. And at the end i had fuel for one extra lap :D

well, this was a great event for me, i did some practice laps yesterday to get to know he track and to try to get a setup that i felt good with. Today when i was practicing i quickly gained another second from my personal best on a rubbered in track, for qualy i made some adjustments on the setup and i was able to impove, i got in P8.
During the race i was able to gain some place during the entire race, during the first half of the race i push hard to keep up with the other cars but i was able to not make any mistakes, y just had a small incident with a GT-R (not sure if it was Cristian's or Francisco's car) when he spun an i couldn't avoid him a sligthly hit him (sorry about that :unsure: ), after that i just tried to go as fast and as consistent as possible and in fac i was able to do that while other drivers had some problems, when i noticed i was in 3rd place and there was 25 minutes to go on for the race to finish. These was the longest 20 minute race i had to do, i had a relatively big gap to the 4th place so i decided to try to save the tires until the end, which was a good decision because my front left was completely gone by the en of the race, on the last 10 minutes i was already running out of tires and on the last 5 i had my front left with only a red square, during those 5 minutes i had to manage my pace to try and save the tires enough to finish the race, so when i was doing that Cristian reduced the gap from 20 seconds to less than 5 seconds, fortunately the leader of the race passed both of us so we didn't had to do another lap in which Cristian would have caugth up with me, i finished the race in 3rd which was a great result for me, it could hardly be any better. :thumbsup:
Thank you all for the race, hopefully i will be able to take part in the next race :thumbsup:

I got put in the wall in T1. Then had superoverheated rear tyres and went too fast into T3 and put it in the wall again :D Decided to call it a day :p

I really dislike how the tyres feel in the BES Z4. It kinda felt better before. Or maybe I'm running a "wrong" setup. The tyre seems to go over peak grip very easily and then it overheats very easily which just makes the initial issue worse. I was probably overdriving the car too tbh :D

My tires were overheating as well. Especially the front ones. Hey @Rui F. Martins, it was me in the Nissan. On my side it appeared that you nudge me on the breaking point in T1, making me spun.
Literally jumped in at the last minute with no setup and a couple of lap's practice. First lap managed to get out of the T1 madness without a scratch. then ppl were passing me like I was driving a VW Beetle on the big straights, so figured out it was the rear wing, so got it sorted at half race, when pitting for tires. Had no clue about the fuel, so left untouched. Moreover it was a recovery race from the contact with Rui in T1. Had very good fights. People race very clean in this Club.

I got put in the wall in T1. Then had superoverheated rear tyres and went too fast into T3 and put it in the wall again :D Decided to call it a day :p

I really dislike how the tyres feel in the BES Z4. It kinda felt better before. Or maybe I'm running a "wrong" setup. The tyre seems to go over peak grip very easily and then it overheats very easily which just makes the initial issue worse. I was probably overdriving the car too tbh :D
I had the Apex BMW and had to go slower in the middle sector to be faster otherwise tires overheated. The crash with Joao was a bit of a shame I was a bit late on the brakes as well in T1 and couldnt avoid him, but anyway with 5min of warm ups starting P11 simply throwing my Nordschleife setup on the car, so I wont complain :D

This wasn't one of the good days. :p
Had little practice and just used a setup i had for another track a combination that didn't go that well.
I was fighting with the car on the slow sections and having a hard time keeping it consistent. Tried hard to stay in second and avoid any mistakes but went a little too hot on turn 1 and crashed. Made it to the pits but it was a long time to repair the damage so i just call it a day.

Got involved in two blunders, one of which was my own doing. Went for pits after about 20 minutes and changed only the front tyres. This unsettled the car and had spins on the out lap and the lap after that, esentially destroying the tyres again. Was running in 5th with about 15 minutes remaining when my stupid friend rang the door bell. So I just parked the car right after turn two and had to let the idiot in. This cost me about 25-30 seconds and by the end of the race i was a sitting duck because of my front tyres which were below 10%. No worries @Simon Christmann . I was anyway struggling in the infield, like you mentioned.

My tires were overheating as well. Especially the front ones. Hey @Rui F. Martins, it was me in the Nissan. On my side it appeared that you nudge me on the breaking point in T1, making me spun.
Literally jumped in at the last minute with no setup and a couple of lap's practice. First lap managed to get out of the T1 madness without a scratch. then ppl were passing me like I was driving a VW Beetle on the big straights, so figured out it was the rear wing, so got it sorted at half race, when pitting for tires. Had no clue about the fuel, so left untouched. Moreover it was a recovery race from the contact with Rui in T1. Had very good fights. People race very clean in this Club.

i'm very sorry about that, to me it didn't appeared like i've touched on anyone in T1 but i it might have been possible to do it in the start since i only have in my settings 8 visible cars, so it's always more complicated for me, if i did touch you i'm very sorry, it wasn't intentional and if i had noticed it i would have waited, sorry :(

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 418 39.8%