rF2 GT3 Club @ Donington Park - Friday 14th August 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
It was a great race.
My big Camaro didn't let me down. That monster sound just strolling down the track puts a smile in my face.:D Managed to set up the beast in a way that allowed me a consistent pace. Maybe a little too safe but i felt comfortable with the car.

Chasing @Tal for a very long time and it was intense.:p
The few times i was ahead i couldn't keep it clean and the mistakes cost me the position again. Other than that it was a clean and very close race.

Great racing last night... That was me in the Nissan @David O'Reilly . It was unfortunate that the bump spun you off. The door was open for that split second and I took it knowing it was going to be pretty close!!! Cool video of some of the highlights, I knew I would feature near the end with that spin on that tricky right hander haha.

@Frederic Schornstein
@Daiman Patel
We ran Silverstone last week. But I guess there are other "cornerstone tracks" like Spa, Le Mans, even Suzuka. I would say Norschleife however that's a two edged sword. I have quite few laps there lately but its like going over to to Freddys house.
I wish those ORSM guys would chill a bit and let us use Bathurst. I better pester them again.

@Frederic Schornstein
@Daiman Patel
We ran Silverstone last week. But I guess there are other "cornerstone tracks" like Spa, Le Mans, even Suzuka. I would say Norschleife however that's a two edged sword. I have quite few laps there lately but its like going over to to Freddys house.
I wish those ORSM guys would chill a bit and let us use Bathurst. I better pester them again.
All that, but please no LeMans I always fall asleep on the straights :D
Malaysia, Croft, Mid Ohio, Sebring, Silverdtone International, Monza all a lot of fun :)
The classic Monza (Brianza) is fun with GTs but requires massive b***s

View the real Blancpain GT Series could run in circuits like Portugal, Brands Hatch, Zolder, Paul Ricard, Monza, Silverstone, Spa, Nurburgring. Only an idea
http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/...ndar-promises-even-more-thrilling-race-action
Yes there are some very good circuits in there.
Maybe we go to a vote and all drivers list their top 5-6. The most votes get run.

If we manage to run some 1000km team events, personally I would like to see them on the Classic Endurance circuits like Spa, Silverstone, Le Mans (sorry Freddy), Bathurst (if ORSM play ball).

Yes there are some very good circuits in there.
Maybe we go to a vote and all drivers list their top 5-6. The most votes get run.

If we manage to run some 1000km team events, personally I would like to see them on the Classic Endurance circuits like Spa, Silverstone, Le Mans (sorry Freddy), Bathurst (if ORSM play ball).
But you have to add prototypes for LeMans otherwise it is not LeMans and there are no GT3 cars at LeMans :p

The British GT championship uses some smaller tracks as well. We once had a club race in Croft with the SLS that created a very fun race. You can really see the car moving around on the bumps etc.

P.S. The Red Bull Ring (Austria) is a lot of fun in a GT car.

The next GT3 Club event is now up; the race, at Autódromo do Estoril, is scheduled for this coming Friday (21st August 2015). Details about the event can be found here. Be sure to get involved! Hopefully we'll see you on track. :D And a quick heads up, this week we shall be using the BOP ISI GT cars, by @Frederic Schornstein et al., alongside the popular BES mod. :thumbsup: If you have any other suggestions be sure to let us know.

there are no GT3 cars at LeMans :p
Is a GTE car that different to a GT3 car?

Edit: I looked it up. Not much difference in lap time. GTE a more expensive car to build, built to prescribed regs with some more advanced tech then they equalise with "waivers" (more performance).
GT3 Closer to production spec, bigger aero kit. then BOP is attended with with some changes.

I guess my thing is that the smaller circuits are great for a club race of 45 mins :thumbsup:but when it gets to 90+ min races I would personally like a little bit bigger track and a 1000 km race bigger again. Doing say for example Portugal for 1000km would make me dizzy:sick:.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back