rF2 GT3 Club @ Donington Park - Friday 14th August 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
There is obviously a bug on the track :(

edit:
And another good one, my darling has some other plan for this evening, so sign me out, please.
Sorry :(

Last edited:
Strange, I did 30 laps today and no issues.

BTW I might be too late to qualify. If so Ill just start at the back. With a little luck it will be ok.

Wooo! Second place in my first rF2 race! :D
Gratz to Yuri and Gijs, amazing pace by the both of you. Dutch people in German cars seems to work pretty well. :p

That was a fun race. The car felt good, very immersive.

I had a nice little battle with Tal I think in the Z4 in the opening laps and felt "in the mix".
Unfortunately i suffered from a significant contact at the start of lap 3 that saw me off the track and I rejoined dead last. So it was head down and try to recover. Ended P6 so that's ok I guess.

Thanks all for racing.
and well done @Enzo Fazzi and of course Yuri for the win.

:thumbsup:, Great fun.

I didn't expect much. First time on the track and the Merc has the weight of a tank, but it has Power. :geek:

rF2 went desktop (dropbox sync :mad:) forgot to turn it off. :unsure:
But i rejoined somewhere behind P7 with 6 laps down. I had a blast after that. I came close to the front runners in the end too... :)

C you next time...

@Matej Lakota , it's not the track, but the APEX cars. I don't know if you lowered the car. But Apex is aware of this bug. It can happen with the Merc too if i lowered it to much. It's like you're hitting the curb with the front wing/splitter. But nothing bends in-game, and the car shoots in the air... It should damage the front splitter badly or loose the front bumper, but not air-born the car.

My first race with all of you, here in Racedepartment and first podium. Also the first race in Donintong, a circuit that i don´t know. Nices fights whit all and very fun race. The car was very fun too.

See you the next event
We had some really good close racing, good to have you here!

I had contact at start of lap 3. It was one of those times where a contact feels "unfair" but you follow the RD rules and cool off and have a proper look before you open your big mouth.

Once I saw it from all the angles it was clear it was a "racing incident" and no blame attaches to the other driver. Tal had an off in the final hairpin, I saw him there and was able to leave some space outside ( not easy to do there) as we entered the pit straight, he managed to get back on the racing surface and we fought into T1. Tals strong positioning denied me the apex and I was off the rubbered line and had a 1/2 spin. On rejoining my speed was gone and first the Ferrari then the GTR got a run. He was alongside and slightly ahead when I used too much track on the inside and contact ensued spinning my car 720 deg! He couldn't have left much more space and no blame attaches to him.

On the fun side I made a short video of the mid pack fight for 6th place.
It will be uploaded by about 11:55 GMT.

@David O'Reilly It didn't occur to me that the incident you were talking about involved me, otherwise I would've responded sooner, but I'm glad you didn't think it was particularly unfair. Regarding my re-entry of the track, I agree it might've been a bit feisty, even though it's hard to judge in this case because it isn't your traditional track re entry (like say spinning off the track and rejoining slowly), it's more like going wide in a corner.

@David O'Reilly It didn't occur to me that the incident you were talking about involved me, otherwise I would've responded sooner, but I'm glad you didn't think it was particularly unfair. Regarding my re-entry of the track, I agree it might've been a bit feisty, even though it's hard to judge in this case because it isn't your traditional track re entry (like say spinning off the track and rejoining slowly), it's more like going wide in a corner.
Yes, I had no issue with it. I saw where you were and made sure to leave some space and you got back on. Once you had done that we were racing again so so problems. This was just the prelude to my later contact which sort of started when you owned the apex into T1 and I was forced (in a clean racing way) to run wide. That's where my problems began. The Ferrari got through easily, The Nissan GTR was closer. From my car it seemed a bit rough, but it wasn't. He was well to the RHS, I didn't really leave room, tried to race on from a bad spot and paid the price.

I will have to break it to my wife that I need triple screens.

I will have to break it to my wife that I need triple screens.
Why stop at tripples when you're upgrading? This will do the job:
11009962_10153400591181413_6194071466000283337_n.jpg

@Yuri
Ill buy that if you pay for the additional room on my house!

BTW Who was driving Apex vs BES Vs BOP ISI?

Ill start:
1) David BES 911 GT3. I love this car. It talks to me in a way the Apex doesn't. The Apex is faster due to lower drag but lacks feel IMO. It also has a need for an adjustable diff (power and coast) which Freddy has done for the Nords 24 and they will release soon.

@Yuri
Ill buy that if you pay for the additional room on my house!

BTW Who was driving Apex vs BES Vs BOP ISI?

Ill start:
1) David BES 911 GT3. I love this car. It talks to me in a way the Apex doesn't. The Apex is faster due to lower drag but lacks feel IMO. It also has a need for an adjustable diff (power and coast) which Freddy has done for the Nords 24 and they will release soon.
I was in the Z4 BES car for a couple of reasons. First of all it fits perfecty with my fanatec BMW rim, so that's a bonus but mainly because the sound is the best sound I've heard in simracing. Oh yeah and I had a good setup from @Tero Dahlberg that he shared at silverstone and it worked perfect here too without any adjustments.

I was also in the BES Porsche, running 'default' setup, I changed the diff and brake bias settings. I guess it could've been faster and/or easier on the tires, but the car was very driveable and it was the first time spending time with the car. I'll probably work on a setup for next race!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%