rF2 GT3 Club @ Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - Sat 8th March

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
i've come across a couple of jugdemental Marshalls, i swear i heard them saying "now, you expect us to push you back on track?! No way!" :D

GRAB_013.jpg
They're related to the marshal that James Hunt flattened once.

Just did a few laps with @Matt Horst and @Xavier de Carvalho
With a bit of rubber on, its a LOT of fun to drive. Cars are very tail happy, and hard to keep under control. When driving through a slow corner, you have to be very carefull.

We where driving 3 different cars, but still did around the same laptimes, so the field seems to be balanced as well. Should be about personal feel and liking to be determined whats fastest.

I might drop by saturday as well for a spin :).

Like Marco I tested a few cars.
Audi R8
McLaren MP4 12C

Each car had very different behaviour. In my view very authentic.
The 911 wanted to swap ends if you let it, the big lump at the back wanted to overtake you. But lovely when you got it right (ish).
Responded very well to setup changes.
The R8 had tons of feel and quite forgiving. Bit quicker out of the box. Similar speed to 911 in the end and easier to drive.
The Mclaren I just could not get it to handle. Mega turn in understeer and snap oversteer on throttle. For me it was 5 sec slower!

The cars are great.
I'm not Isaac Newton but in my view physics are very good.

ok, so my take on this. only my view and driving styles all different+ i didn't play with setup much + only did a few laps each.

porsche - very responsive, potentially very fast in the right hands...especially on a slow corner circuit. for me, this was a bit too oversteery and too risky with limited practise.
audi - ok. driveable but didn't get a great sense of speed.
mclaren - nightmare with understeer. no go. perhaps im used to the beauty of it in assetto corsa
mercedes...ok but bit flat. solid but sliding too much.
bmw - tempting. nice ffb. nice turn in but just a little bit too oversteery even with my setup (soft rear/stiff front). limited feeling of speed which made any oversteer moments all the more surprising.
ferrari - very tempting. fast, felt responsive. could be made quite neutral with the right setup. i little bit shaky at the rear. going back...is it fast or does it just feel fast due to the responsiveness and ferrari grunt?
aston - the most solid car with my setup after a few laps. instantly felt more secure with this with good turn in ability. went 7 tenths quicker than the ferrari in the first sector just through "secure feel". i found this to be the most balanced along with a reasonably feel for speed.

in all tests the track was a bit green so the cars might feel better but even so, the aston is nicest FOR ME.

setup work will take place in the next couple of days :)

track looks nice!

ok, so my take on this. only my view and driving styles all different+ i didn't play with setup much + only did a few laps each.

porsche - very responsive, potentially very fast in the right hands...especially on a slow corner circuit. for me, this was a bit too oversteery and too risky with limited practise.
audi - ok. driveable but didn't get a great sense of speed.
mclaren - nightmare with understeer. no go. perhaps im used to the beauty of it in assetto corsa
mercedes...ok but bit flat. solid but sliding too much.
bmw - tempting. nice ffb. nice turn in but just a little bit too oversteery even with my setup (soft rear/stiff front). limited feeling of speed which made any oversteer moments all the more surprising.
ferrari - very tempting. fast, felt responsive. could be made quite neutral with the right setup. i little bit shaky at the rear. going back...is it fast or does it just feel fast due to the responsiveness and ferrari grunt?
aston - the most solid car with my setup after a few laps. instantly felt more secure with this with good turn in ability. went 7 tenths quicker than the ferrari in the first sector just through "secure feel". i found this to be the most balanced along with a reasonably feel for speed.

in all tests the track was a bit green so the cars might feel better but even so, the aston is nicest FOR ME.

setup work will take place in the next couple of days :)

track looks nice!
Thanks for the info. My test was pretty much for each car: Go out, drive through eau rouge flat out, if I crashed I went to the next car :D

The BMW feels pretty nice with full TC. It has much better brakes than some other cars and quite responsive front end, which I need in Spa. The Ferrari had rubbish brakes on my run and the Aston felt just a bit weird with the engine noise.
No idea, which is quickest, but the BMW has a pink TC button the steering wheel, so I will go with that :roflmao: (Luckily here are not so many girls around, that will tell me, that is some diffrent colour I never hear of :D)

Hello
I only drove the mcLaren and liked it very much , i like cars that don,t drive like trainsim 2014.
But now my question , your guys laptimes?
I did a +- X.XX,X , traction low , clutch auto.
That,s ok for me but if you guys drive 5 sec faster i have to reconcider my choice or i,ll get lapped .... :-/
Would be nice to have all carmakes on the grid but 5 sec... not fun
Hope to see you on track , gr Ro

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello
I only drove the mcLaren and liked it very much , i like cars that don,t drive like trainsim 2014.
But now my question , your guys laptimes?
I did a +- X.XX,X , traction low , clutch auto.
That,s ok for me but if you guys drive 5 sec faster i have to reconcider my choice or i,ll get lapped .... :-/
Would be nice to have all carmakes on the grid but 5 sec... not fun
Hope to see you on track , gr Ro
I am not 100% sure it was either X:XX or X:XX yesterday. I only did one timed lap, so I guess it was around X:XX with the BMW, but I am not sure. I noted it at home, so I can give some info later on.

aaah, so I should try TCS/abs and the BMW now!.

I found the Mclaren brakes a bit weak.

So far I have only X:XX, (but no TCS or ABS or pink buttons on my wheel!)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years