rF2 GT3 Club @ Canadian Tire Motorsport Park - Friday 20th November 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
How does this work with different cars from different mods? Are all cars realistic to their real life performance? Just that I noticed the apex mercs are noticeably slower (well the ai is at driving them)

How does this work with different cars from different mods? Are all cars realistic to their real life performance? Just that I noticed the apex mercs are noticeably slower (well the ai is at driving them)
I'm probably not the best person to answer but as no-one else has... First of all both Apex and BES mod cars are GT3 spec, so that should make them pretty equal to start with. And the ISI GT cars included have been balanced out to race with Apex cars I believe. @Frederic Schornstein is the man who knows better.

In practice over many weeks of racing I haven't noticed with 100% certainty that one mod or car would be way faster than the others. Though there are some clear differences between mods and cars.

I think BES cars for example tend to have less downforce but accelerate faster out of slower corners. At least compared to the "BOP Vette" which is what I've driven most of the time. But I wouldn't be surprised if the BOP Vette is faster than the rest of the cars.

I'm probably not the best person to answer but as no-one else has... First of all both Apex and BES mod cars are GT3 spec, so that should make them pretty equal to start with. And the ISI GT cars included have been balanced out to race with Apex cars I believe. @Frederic Schornstein is the man who knows better.

In practice over many weeks of racing I haven't noticed with 100% certainty that one mod or car would be way faster than the others. Though there are some clear differences between mods and cars.

I think BES cars for example tend to have less downforce but accelerate faster out of slower corners. At least compared to the "BOP Vette" which is what I've driven most of the time. But I wouldn't be surprised if the BOP Vette is faster than the rest of the cars.
cheers....well i've been practising with the bes bmw and i gotta say these cars and this track are an awesome fit...i'm having so much fun against the ai !!

The Apex and ISI cars are balanced by me, but not in regard with the BES cars, so there you will find some diffrences.

The cars are not the latest version of the BOP as far as I am aware. The balancing was done for the Nordschleife so it might not work perfect on other tracks. In the Nordschleife Qualy we had four diffrent cars in the Top 5 within 0.8 seconds.

Hi everyone.
I have a question:
I never use the ABS and the traction control, but,some partners have recommended to use it in this cars because, it could reduce the consumption of gas and tire in race.
What is your recommendation?

Thanks

Hi everyone.
I have a question:
I never use the ABS and the traction control, but,some partners have recommended to use it in this cars because, it could reduce the consumption of gas and tire in race.
What is your recommendation?

Thanks
If you are a good driver their is usually no gain. Depending on the car ABS helps you on the brakes e.g. in the Clio Cup we had some drivers using ABS and the faster guys behind not using ABS really struggled to overtake on the brake.
I drive without the Aids just for the fun of it. If you want to use it it depends on the car and how well it is implemented e.g. the TC on the Apex BMW Z4 is pretty good on low. The ISI Corvette is tricky on the brakes so ABS helps to keep the wear down.
But with the ISI and Apex cars you have to select ABS and TC in the tuning and it will give you a weight penalty, so no gain using it with these cars. For the BES cars it can help, but its just more fun without it :D

I had intended on joining this as the servers are working on steam now, but for some odd reason I'm experiencing lag/stutter when driving now, not sure whats different other than a new install, thought I set my settings to approx the same as before. :(

The problem with TC and ABS with ISI games tends to be that even at low setting they engage too soon so you lose performance when you use them. Even without the usual weight penalty that comes with them. But this seems to be changing as the update Camaro GT3 has additional TC options in the tuning menu, and that works well imo :)

I don't use TC or ABS generally for the above reasons. But with the Camaro I would use low ABS and medium(?) in tuning menu if its allowed. Simply because that's a sort of backup that can save you from a spin in case you really mess up and give too much power.

I don't think TC or ABS will really help with fuel consumption. It can help with tyre wear, but by far the worst thing for tyre wear is overheating and scrubbing the front tyres, especially outside front tyre, while cornering. That's something you can do even with ABS.

To minimize that you want a balanced setup for starters and then you need to monitor your wear and if it starts to go one way or the other, you have to start driving a bit differently to keep it in control or at least make it progress slower in that direction.

Agree with Frederick and Tero. However I would say if you decide to use in particular TC, then do as much car set up as possible without. Then when happy selecting TC should benifit/aid your lap not slow it down, (because TC is 'kicking' in because of an oversteering setup).

Agree with Frederick and Tero. However I would say if you decide to use in particular TC, then do as much car set up as possible without. Then when happy selecting TC should benifit/aid your lap not slow it down, (because TC is 'kicking' in because of an oversteering setup).
Exactly TC can easily hide a lack of traction in your setup. It even engages on lift/corner entry oversteer, so you can drive a pretty bad setup without noticing it that much apart from the slow laptimes. I am not a huge fan of TC, but I would love to see more in-depth onboard settings for TC, so you can change it while driving. I still have to test drive the new Camaro, but it sounds like a good step. TC can be really enjoyable as it can help to rotate your car on exit without going into oversteer and ultimately gains you laptime that is simply impossible to find without TC.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back