rF2 GT3 Club @ Autodromo Nazionale di Monza - Sat 5th April

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
3 out of 3 in the GT3 club!:thumbsup:

Puh what a race. Did only 20min or so midweek to prepare a basic setup and didnt get any practice after that until qualy. I was really nervous, but in my 2nd timed lap I stuck it on pole in the last minute of the session.

Race was pretty straight forward. Got a good launch and @Matej Lakota was braking earlier than me into T1. He had more straight line speed so I had to jump him in the first few laps.

The gap was always between 1 and 2 seconds and got a bit bigger, but mid race he was again close to 1 second behind me, but my balanced improved and I stopped nursing the car and went for it. He said he had a small touch with a backmarker that caused damage. I got the gap up to 7 seconds and took fastest lap in the closing stages.

In the very last corner I was too focused on a backmarker in front and braked to late for parabolica. I kept it out of the wall and just rejoined in front of @Matej Lakota, who had backed out and crossed the line in second, which was nice. I was really dreaming there :whistling:

Thanks to all drivers I didn't have any issues with backmarkers and I hope I can continue my winning streak in two weeks:cool:

Great race, had a lot of fun :)

The problem with the Porsche collision has been reported to the mod creators and they are working on it - let's hope a new build will be ready for the next race :thumbsup:

I really enjoyed racing with you all, especially when I can followed Frederic, who is one of the fastest guy I know with all sorts rF2 cars :thumbsup:. Maybe there was even a chance for fight mano a mano in last laps, but one of backmarkers turned on my racing line just before parabolica, I hit him and from that moment, car wasn˙t the same anymore, so Frideric just drove away to deserved win.

I also saw strange time warps, coused by some sort of lag or I-dont-know-what. First time I said, OK, that is for sure a new secret RD punishment because I crossed white line, but in second case everything was right from my side :).

Last edited:
This was my first top 5 finish(happy for that :)) I didn't had any issue :thumbsup: but I had a lonely race :(, the only car that passed me was Davy Vandevenne but he was almost 0.7 sec per lap faster, so it wasn't a "battle" he just passed me like I wasn't there lol, noway to compete him.
Overall a very nice evening with almost full grid and nice clean racers :thumbsup: nice to race with you guys.
Congrats to all and of course the top 3

I really enjoyed racing with you all, especially when I could followed Frederic, who is one of the fastest guy I know with all sorts rF2 cars :thumbsup:. Maybe there was even a chance for fight mano a mano in last laps, but one of backmarkers turn on my racing line just before parabolica, I hit him and from that moment, car wasn˙t the same anymore, so Frideric just drove away to deserved win.

I also saw strange time warps, coused by some sort of lag or I-dont-know-what. First time I said, OK, that is for sure a new secret RD punishment because I crossed white line, but in second case everything was right from my side :).

I usually get that kind of lag when an rF2 server crashes, so maybe a very short connection issue.

I didn't finish it but until then it was a nice race. :thumbsup:
Right on the first lap i spun and had to wait for everyone to safely pass me. After that i gained some positions due to some incidents in front of me.
Several minutes later i crashed on the first chicane to avoid hitting the car in front but managed to continue without major damage. My bad i was distracted. :redface::(
There were always cars nearby so the fun was guaranteed.

Then came the "crap my pants" moment probably because of lag. I didn't have time do to anything and crashed hard in to the car ahead.

i had a great time tonigth, had a good finish but i think i could have finished a bit better it i haven't made so much spins, but i had a good time and was able to have a better result than last race, so i was happy, I can't wait for the next one ;)

congratulations to the top3 and those who finished, thank you for the race and see you next time :thumbsup:

It was an eventful night and some of the best RF2 Racing so far for myself.
Reasons:
I got on the server with a previous PB of 1:54. As usual I found I was 4 sec off the pace. By quali I had lowered it to 1:51.431 with a sector 1 that was +.250. So very happy to be P9 of 18 runners. That was a new feeling and +1.993 I think from pole. Best I have done in RF2 here. So felt good.

Just wanted to stay safe for the opening laps and with some early spins from others found myself in P6 and consolidating a spot as leader of the "2nd group".

Fred S was soon on my case in the Gallardo. He was camped out on my gearbox for so long that I had time to admire the lovely graphics on his bonnet (a watch I think).
Fred had a slight edge in top speed so I moved right in the main straight to make him take the hard way around at T1. Fred was caught out by the massive top speed of the stallion from Maranello or the hit box and clipped my rear spinning us both. I was now P14 and gave chase.

Had a battle with Simon Knight for many laps in the MP4 12C. He seemed to have a slight edge in sector 3 and 1 but I seemed to be getting a better exit from Ascari allowing me to re pass. The lead changed hands a couple of times. Simon was relentless and after one such pass he took the inside line into Parabolica to retake position. The Porsche hit box may have caused slight issues there? as it felt like Nascar for a moment or two.
Simon pulled a slight gap but I arrived at T1 to find him facing the wrong way and as I went to drive around his stationary car a head on collision ensued.
No damage and we continued.
I had a front row seat for the 3 car wreck and drove under 2 airborne cars.

I was lapped with 2 laps to go and feel that if I had evaded contact would have remained on the leaders lap and challenged for a podium due to the retirement rate. Thats enough for me and I enjoyed the racing. Thanks all.

EDIT: Oh and 3 litres fuel left so with 1 more lap would have finished with <1 litre. I like that!

Last edited:
Well, cheers gents, i had a very good time and even managed to finish my Marc VDS BMW in P6 :)
Great to see these cars here, and i hope many more races are to come !

A lucky escape for both Davys at lesmo 1 during the first lap, it's a miracle the phoenix audi didn't hit anyone !

onboard, notice the flying audi :p

Unfortunately it was me in the flying McLaren :(

I really enjoyed racing with you all, especially when I can followed Frederic, who is one of the fastest guy I know with all sorts rF2 cars :thumbsup:. Maybe there was even a chance for fight mano a mano in last laps, but one of backmarkers turned on my racing line just before parabolica, I hit him and from that moment, car wasn˙t the same anymore, so Frideric just drove away to deserved win.

I had these time warps too. But have not see them no more.
Are you running windows 8. It has a build in virus scanner. i don't know the name. But it scans your active folders. I excluded the Rfactor2 folder. And i have not see these time warps since. I don't know if this is the cause, but it is some thing you could try.

Edit: i'm going to turn this on again. And see if i have these time warps again. It only happens in long runs online. If this is the cause i think a lot off people have these time waps.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back