GT3 class balance

Is it me or it's a little unbalanced right now?
Nissan quicker the Mclaren by some margin, and the Z4 and the SLS can't even touch those two.

The Nissan is closer to the 458 GT2, M3 GT2 and the Vette than cars from his class imo.

Disagreed on the GT2 argument. The Nissan is way faster in a straight line than any GT2 car, but far less grippy in the corners. NIssan is nowhere near close to GT2.
Having said this: GT2 and GT3 are very close already but non-comparable, the cars behave quite different. GT3 has higher top speed and ABS + TC. The GT2 is slower, tho much faster through corners and only has TC. It is the technical specs that make the difference, not the laptimes.
Whether GT3 itself is unbalanced I doubt that, as original specs are used. It depends on the setup I guess, what tracks did you try this on? What were the laptimes? Every car has its pro's and con's and can therefore indeed be slightly faster on track A, but lose terribly on track B.

For me no matter how much i push the Mclaren i can't match the GTR(Imola and Silverstone, i can see it being hugely fast in Monza too but haven't tested it yet), and the Mclaren was already faster than the Z4 and SLS.
I guess the GTR will kill it's tires faster because it slides so much, but i think the balance is bit off right now.

This is why in video games it will never be completely accurate. They make adjustments in some series either before a race or sometime just mid season. It's called the infamous BOP.

Say it with me..B-O-P

Balance of performance. They either require air restrictors, reduction of effectiveness of splitters (lessen degree or amount of), weight (adding dead weight), or you name it. There's been some inventive ones over the years. If you pay close attention to a series through out one given season, some one is always "complaining".

IMO there should be the handy use of the "Stage 1" switch as a level of BOP that server admin's cn utilize to institute a "handicap" on a certain car. For instance the "Stage 1" could be added weight or lessening of the aero :whistling:

For me no matter how much i push the Mclaren i can't match the GTR(Imola and Silverstone, i can see it being hugely fast in Monza too but haven't tested it yet), and the Mclaren was already faster than the Z4 and SLS.
I guess the GTR will kill it's tires faster because it slides so much, but i think the balance is bit off right now.

IMO, the McLaren cant match the speed of either the BMW or Mercedes as well. Raw straight line speed that is.

IMO, the McLaren cant match the speed of either the BMW or Mercedes as well. Raw straight line speed that is.
The Mclaren is faster around a lap than those 2, and the Nismo is faster around a lap than the Mclaren.

While the Nismo is naturally harder to drive, pushing sideways under braking, and some heavier car behaviour, the amount of time you need to "milk" from the 12C in high speed (it is a somewhat temperamental car in those types of corners) corners just to keep up makes it very hard to drive as well.

Right from the very start I've been far quicker in the McLaren than anything else, need a new wheel at the moment so not tried the Nissan apart from with keys to just look at the ring. Do love the Nissan though. Can't wait for the Lamborghini.

I've been playing around with some custom career events and found the GTR GT3 to be a fair bit faster than the Z4/SLS/MP4 as well. I ended up using different AI levels depending on the car.
Z4,SLS,MP4 = 100
GTR = 97
458/M3/C7R = 95
I've had a couple of good AI races with these settings in opponents.ini at Imola and Monza so far.

My most recent race had a GTR in the lead and while I was a bit faster in the corners in the Z4 the GTR would still catch me on the long straights. It was good racing though :thumbsup:

Yeah, some tracks just favor certain cars. Formula 1 is the perfect example. In the early 2000's to mid, the Ferrari owned on tracks that were fast. Very high revving engine. The Renault (torque) was a beast on the twisty slower tracks. Don't tweak away the reality.

Swagg

i haven't been paying much attention to car performance but i've noticed on a club race on Monza, that the McLaren, which i and a couple of people drove, is quite slow on that particular track. it has good grip on slower tracks but not enough speed to compete with the "whale" Merc.

That's why I only race the UDT cars. They are almost perfectly balanced. The other GT2/3 are all over the place.

I have to say I love the Nissan though. I have driven it a lot at the 'ringand it is one of the best performers there. After only a couple of laps I was able to do the ring in abour 6:45 and later I did even better and better. The McLaren GT3 wasn't even close. I'll try the beamer next.

The car that baffles me the most is the new Alfa 4C. It has a weird RPM where after every upshift feels like shifting from 2nd to 4th directly, then it picks up, but the sound is horrible. I also know that the real 4c doesn't do that all IRL.

I guess I'll open a new thread on that just in case something is wrong on my side.

I've been playing around with some custom career events and found the GTR GT3 to be a fair bit faster than the Z4/SLS/MP4 as well. I ended up using different AI levels depending on the car.
Z4,SLS,MP4 = 100
GTR = 97
458/M3/C7R = 95
I've had a couple of good AI races with these settings in opponents.ini at Imola and Monza so far.

My most recent race had a GTR in the lead and while I was a bit faster in the corners in the Z4 the GTR would still catch me on the long straights. It was good racing though :thumbsup:

Is it possible to vary the ai levels in race weekend also? Or do I have to make those custom career events?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 379 39.6%