GT3 class balance

Is it me or it's a little unbalanced right now?
Nissan quicker the Mclaren by some margin, and the Z4 and the SLS can't even touch those two.

The Nissan is closer to the 458 GT2, M3 GT2 and the Vette than cars from his class imo.

Ive been doing some races in the 458 and I find the Nissan just completely dominates me on the straights and in acceleration out of corners. But in the braking zones I can brake much later (partly because I'm going 30kph slower lol) and in corners I can make up a lot of time, but generally not enough to counteract the huge straight line speed advantage. So I cannot agree with your statement on the Nissan being "closer" to the Ferrari, at least.

I´m driving the Endurance-Nordschleife online quit often and first it seems for me that Nissan is overpowered, but there are drivers very fast with Z4 and SLS even under 8:30. I think i saw a 8:18 with a SLS one time and it seems a setup-thing. Yesterday i was driving the Nissan GT3 with 7 clicks rear wing (i don´t like less than that on this track) and had two of the three lap race a Merc in my back, even very close on the straights till he overtook me and slowly disappeared:notworthy:. I got a third place in the end and really pushed the car to the edge, but my best time is still a 8:26 with a 458 GT2. I saw one driving a 8:08 with the Corvette. So this car seems overpowered and very easy to handle as well.

And who want´s to drive this Nissan on tracks like Mugello? Many drivers prefer the offroad sidetrack with the Nissan:D. I prefer the McLaren on this track in the GT3-class but hate it to get passed on Nordschleife or Spa.

Last edited:
I've been revisiting the SLS and have been enjoying using the lower RPM torque. If you can gear it effectively, it can get up and go. There's other tweaks I've been experimenting with also that have helped.

It's also a matter of confidence and what you can really squeeze out of the car. If you aren't confident and consistent, you loose time.

However I have found SLS at the moment kills my FFB on my wheel (Fanatec GT2) by end of 3rd Lap on Endurance. Hmm, not many of the other GT cars have done this so far. I'm about to make a custom enclosure for it (top panel) so I can cool the motor effectively as this sucker gets hot (sorry off topic, but worth a share).

However I have found SLS at the moment kills my FFB on my wheel (Fanatec GT2) by end of 3rd Lap on Endurance. Hmm, not many of the other GT cars have done this so far. I'm about to make a custom enclosure for it (top panel) so I can cool the motor effectively as this sucker gets hot (sorry off topic, but worth a share).
Use lower ffb in the game. For the sls gt3 and z4 gt3 I use 100% gain in menu, and then I put 50% in car setup ffb (force, not dampening, since is already turned off in main menu).

one thing to bear in mind - the huracan is a 2015 gt3 car; we don't have any other 2015 gt3s to compare it with at the moment.
need to be careful with comparing/balancing performance from different years -- essential to make the cars as close to the real thing as possible.

Yah I think that was me earlier today, the Lambo as discussed in other threads here and abroad at the official servers is the class of the field.

The car's spec is from the Monza race earlier this year, now its spec has changed to 570bhp IRL. However what KUNOS haven't mentioned is other changes to the GT category, namely aero efficiency, drag etc. Cars now are very sensitive to aero changes, more so the rear wing has a more pronounced effect on top speed. Your old setups will not be as efficient, also you must really care for your tires as graining and blistering has a big effect on performance.

Also what @paracletus said is true, we have different year spec cars, although I dont suspect some of the older ones, ie. SLS MP4-12c etc have that much changed to them, but it is a possibility. I would say tenths to a second at most.

Try lowering your wing for races on Monza, and remember that race was only 8 laps. Usual races at our clubs require consistency over 25+ laps plus pitting for tires. More to come from Kunos I'm sure.

@Cristian Haba yes I noticed straight away with the tyre/aero changes I had to take final drive up two notches and run aero at 0-0 to meet my own speed trap point like you mentioned earlier:p still my times are not as good but have not had much game time since update so probably Just a matter of getting used to it.Imo the new downshift feature should be allowed off or on like tc/abs as I feel it's not totally accurate with alot of cars. Because some can handle a bit of red lining better than others.

I agree and at the same time I like the new 'feature' (because it really isnt a feature it should have been there) maybe what you describe could be added and a pro rank/level racing would include that 'feature', but it diesbt feel normal to blast down gears with no consequence what we have now is more true to life. I myself have never had an engine blow in AC but it got close with the McLaren F1 GTR miss shifting.

If you like the GTR on Monza or the Lambo there are sets for it in the download section. It's my favorite track so I test a lot of cars there. I think with time we will learn how the new tires affect our racing habits, it will be for the better for sure, and times will naturally drop with the progression of time and practice.

Keep that server going and have fun practicing and improving!

Which ones do you mean @rocafella1978 ? SLS, 12C, Z4 and GTR? They all had their strengths and weaknesses before the new 1.3 and it's still so. I've only tested on one track so far, Monza. With new setups old times are in reach. Having said that, I think we will see some changes to this class. We are able now to apply 'success ballast' to cars and we probably should to manage BoP.

But I'm enjoying speeding around ppl in the Huracan though :p.

What you guys think about SCG 003? Because If I understand correctly, that car isn't officially a GT3 car:unsure:. Or is it done suitable for GT3 races by Kunos?

In game it has the aero profile of GT2 racing (ie. up to 3 clicks for df in the front) but GT3 tires. It's a different class for sure, but it should be competitive against GT3s if not slightly better. It's got a lot of torque though, and that can be advantageous by using higher gears to forgo switching up as you exit corners.

Which ones do you mean @rocafella1978 ? SLS, 12C, Z4 and GTR? They all had their strengths and weaknesses before the new 1.3 and it's still so. I've only tested on one track so far, Monza. With new setups old times are in reach. Having said that, I think we will see some changes to this class. We are able now to apply 'success ballast' to cars and we probably should to manage BoP.

But I'm enjoying speeding around ppl in the Huracan though :p.
not really sure what to think, but I know it is not a level field, i am also blowing by and racing laps with Huracan GT3!! that is a fact, u will obliterate competition with this car!!! (and I test on Monza) SLS, 12C and Z4 are soooo yawn'ingly slow...GT-R hmm is so so ok...but i would have thought GT2 vehicles are faster than GT3 but not so i guess at least in the game...???? hmm

one thing to bear in mind - the huracan is a 2015 gt3 car; we don't have any other 2015 gt3s to compare it with at the moment.
need to be careful with comparing/balancing performance from different years -- essential to make the cars as close to the real thing as possible.
but realistically, would a 2015 Huracan GT3 really be 2-3 seconds faster????? i am able to run, stock 1:48.xxx-1:49.xxx, that's me a new comer no setup no nothing...rest GT3's i am 2-3secs slower, and GT2 cars some 3-4secs slower, only one i get into 1:50.xxx is the C7R. (but this is all my skill level lol maybe a joke because i am not good, and new to AC and PC and new Fanatec setup too)

In regards to the data that Kunos has received for making their cars, we can only compare to what we have available publicly which so far is the Blancpain site that has the Graser Racing Huracan there. Other confidential data like downforce we cannot judge and only speculate.

What isn't speculation is that the Huracan clocked a practice/qually time of 1:47.2xx at Monza in the opening stage of the Blancpain Endurance Series, beaten by a 458 GT3 in with a 1:46.8xx I think. Given that were running in virtual reality, we can go faster as we dont have to deal with certain real life forces. At that time the Blancpain site quoted the Huracan power at 600bhp, now its 570bhp most likely due to restrictors.

GT2 cars are not that slow, they make up their time in sector 2 and beginning of sector 3 at Monza. By comparison the M3 GT2 can do 47s in qually trim, the 458 GT2 is slightly faster as it carries even more speed through the corners. Both are some 15kph slower on the straight to the Huracan, and GTR. So far the Huracan is the fastest at 282kph, GTR and SLS follow secondly.

Also Monza is a good test for top speed, braking and fast changes of direction. Other tracks to consider are Spa, Mugello and now Barcelona. As I've said before, some changes might come down from Kunos, and in general times will drop as we have more time with the new and improved tire model.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back