AC GT3 @ Chang International - Sun 07Oct18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Like @manu68 said: If it would be possible to know the GT3 race locations a couple of weeks in advance -> this would be quite nice in my opinion too. Even one or two additional locations would do the job probably (no need for a practice server before the final race is coming up).

Just curious, but what is the reason for the current approx. "six days limit"?

GT3 is fun, GT3 is love :D

Like @manu68 said: If it would be possible to know the GT3 race locations a couple of weeks in advance -> this would be quite nice in my opinion too. Even one or two additional locations would do the job probably (no need for a practice server before the final race is coming up).

Just curious, but what is the reason for the current approx. "six days limit"?

GT3 is fun, GT3 is love :D

Although I completely agree with what you have
said and personally would wish this too.
It gives an unfair advantage to those who
can practice constantly before the chosen race.
I realise that you can still do this, but it is just
a bit more difficult when you only have 6 days
plus work plus family. In an organised race
series it it a different set of circumstances.
It is meant to be a casual fun event.
Just my point of view, may change my mind
with a different view point:)

Although I completely agree with what you have
said and personally would wish this too.
It gives an unfair advantage to those who
can practice constantly before the chosen race.
I realise that you can still do this, but it is just
a bit more difficult when you only have 6 days
plus work plus family. In an organised race
series it it a different set of circumstances.
It is meant to be a casual fun event.
Just my point of view, may change my mind
with a different view point:)

For me, there are weeks where I just couldn't find enough time to train properly (because of work, wife, kid incoming) and a longer period beforehand would solve this for some races. I don't train to be the fastest on track and to gain the best position but more to be pleased with my own performance.
I personally do not see this "training" as some kind of advantage. Because as you said, it is a casual race and if somebody would like to train more or less, he can do so. There is nothing to gain or loose within this races. I just don't want to join a race, where I only barely know the track, are even more inconsistent than I am usually, having no setup tested and so on. Or: making the race worse for everyone else.

Of course, the used system is functionally and did run for quite a time. And if the larger amount of people (especially the moderators who are dedicating there time to do so) like it more this way, then it should stay like that. For me and maybe others, two or three weeks in advance would be very helpful.
Maybe this is not the correct forum thread for this topic :D

It was not meant as a criticism, just i think a “reasonable assumption” as to why.
My own point of view is as varible as the other 23 competitors.
I only practice, as in the case of Chang Int circuit, because i have never raced there before,
maybe an hour of practice, so as to circulate with causing an accident or coming off.
And i can see in some circumstances, an hour in 6 days could be difficult for some.:)
Probably why the entry for the more common circuits is so much more keener.

Thanks, @Kek700. Even it was not meant to be, some kind of "criticism" or better called an open discussion is a good thing in my opinion. So different point of views can be placed, compared and lead to a result. You're right, this might be one of the reasons, why a "Nordschleife" event will always be easily filled with racers and others are not. :thumbsup:

Btw: @Buster, I would like to add the "650" behind my name at the list. Ty

And as I haven't driven it in a while, I'll switch to the Audi please. Thanks Craig :)
i8rVMdm_d.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%