AC GT3 @ Brands Hatch - Sunday 18th October 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I am really sorry i pulled out in you @Graham Wilgaus. Actually i thought i was last, but still checked the map before i crossed the track. I did not see you coming round the corner, and Helicorsa did not light up before it was too late. Watching the replay, i can see that i should have kept more to the left accelerating, sorry. After the incident i lost the rest od my focus and drove even worse than usual and disconnected after a few laps. So i messed the race up for both of us...

Had to disconnect :(
Race started well upto 7th I think but I span and the tyres were shot for a lap, so went nearly to the back of the grid, got up a few more positions but spun again down to 17th, gutted as it's my favourite track just couldn't get used to ac GT3 cars after playing acc most the time now. hope you all had a good race anyway, thanks for organising the event @Chris Down.

Last edited:
Great race, guys! This is a nightmare track for me so my personal goal was not to go off track as the result of a mistake. And I didn't so I'm happy with 8th. Although something weird happened in the second stint. The real time app showed that @Chris Down was behind me (to lap) but in fact it was @thom462. You must have been surprised how easy you could overtake me on the straight, Thomas, but I thought I was letting Chris pass.
Too bad because we could have had a nice battle as you were just a bit faster.

Thanks all for joining and Chris for organising. My bet is on Portimao next weekend (spoiler alert?).

Last edited:
Great race everyone! I saw so many great battles as I was coming through, looks like you folks had a great time :thumbsup: Unlucky @pattikins on the tyres, I've been there before :coffee:

After last week's shambolic spin on the last lap, I was pretty determined to ace this one, and more or less did. Quali time was more or less the best possible, and in the race I was doing solid 1:23.6-9 for most of the race, which is a lot better than the last time we were here. No major mistakes, so I'm happy, and maybe can even forgive myself for last week ;):p:roflmao:

Just something I'm really proud of as a little bonus: this may not mean much to anyone, but this has been 3 years of hard graft in the making for me and I think you folks are the only people that I know that will care or even understand. Today I did the first ever 1:21.xxx lap in a 650s in Assetto Corsa history while doing setup tuning. This is my favourite track in the world and to be the only one in the 1:21s is definitely a Pretend Car Racing achievement which I will cherish for a long time :inlove:

(Track limits are RSR enforced, so going onto runoff/kerb is allowed. Don't let this video make you think people will get away with it in a RaceDepartment race ;) )

It really goes to show just how much practice and patience pays off -- even a year after I started, I couldn't come anywhere close to this time. Keep on practicing, stick with your car, and it'll pay off.

Really love racing with you guys, looking forward to seeing you all next week :D

Last edited:
Just something I'm really proud of as a little bonus: this may not mean much to anyone, but this has been 3 years of hard graft in the making for me and I think you folks are the only people that I know that will care or even understand. Today I did the first ever 1:21.xxx in a 650s in Assetto Corsa history while doing setup tuning. This is my favourite track in the world and to be the only one in the 1:21s is definitely a Pretend Sim Racing achievement which I will cherish for a long time :inlove:
That's really impressive, Chris! Congratulations are certainly in order!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

As I said on the TS, being my first Brands race, I had no practice, no setup and no consistency, so it was a bit of a surprise to be P10 on track at some point - of course the errors started coming eventually. I still enjoyed spending the evening with you guys, the tracks where I'm better prepared will come.

Congrats podium guys, especially Rares for your first one and Chris for the WR (by the way, as a former TF2 player, how come you haven't tried anything competitive in sim racing yet?).

Also, for the folks that were concerned about my wardrobe choice -- it was more of a sweatshirt than a jumper, I just couldn't remember the proper word. :p

Last edited:
Pretty good race for me. Somehow I managed to get P5 in quali. After an OKish start I was 6th for a while and directly in a groupe of 3-4 fighting cars for almost the entire first stint. After Box, I came back 6th again and could hold this position with a comfortable gap behind me. Also 5th was a bit ahead so I knew I dont need to push and could drive it home. Best result for me so far. Really happy. Lets see what there is for next week.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 268 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.1%