AC GT3 @ Brands Hatch - Sunday 11th April 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Amazing how you can think of all this stuff mid race ...
I ran a test race against AI the day before, so I knew exactly how long the stop was gonna take

Ah just the one ? Its the opposite for me: the one exit that was good ! lol
Not only one of course, but it wasn't a big mistake, I just put my left front wheel on the inside curb a little bit more than I should've which resulted in extra rotation that wasn't needed, so I had to slightly correct the car. That was enough to lose some momentum and resulted in a slower exit. Perfect spot to let a faster car by. Of course if that was not Andreas but Patrick I would've made him work hard for it :D

My race report:
I jumped into the car at the start of qualy but something felt off. So I looked into the record of my practice session and saw that CM has a bug... I practiced with 6°c higher air and track temps so I had a bit more power, which causes a tiny bit more wheelspin at corner exit and the balance between the tyres was off, since the front left wouldn't overheat anymore.
Only managed to qualify 0.7s off my PB, which meant P6 instead of P2/3.

Start was okay, Jonas had a phenomenal start in his Ferrari so I had to go around the outside. I went next to Stefan and thought I'd have plenty of space there to stay side by side with Jonas and have the inside into the left turn.
Stefan had different plans so I went a tiiiiny bit wider than I had planned :roflmao: :roflmao:

Slotted in behind Jonas with Ernie on my right. I didn't want to cause a collision at the apex so yielded, shifted down to 2nd and was caught off by the wheelspin.
@HF2000 Han noticed his chance and instantly stuck his nose on my inside for Surtees.

Very very close call but luckily I didn't touch Han's rear during the switchback so I got a good exit.
Godzilla like some Fezza for lunch but Han only gave me the outside and pushed me to the edge of the track but I had none of it.
We slightly touched and I saw him dropping behind, meaning I could juuuust nail the apex.
1618239048463.png

From there I had a slight pace advantage and I tried to get back at Jonas and Ernie.
A really nice battle followed with Patrick and Dmitry out of vision and Hape slowly pulling a gap on us, Ernie was all over Jonas' rear and I was waiting for my chance.

Ernie got past in Druids and I was waiting for the long straight to have another Fezza for lunch.
Jonas was so kind to give me the inside and although I was trying to give him room around the outside, he backed off towards the exit.

From there I was trying to keep up with Ernie but damn, he was sooo consistent!
We managed to close the gap on Hape (well, Ernie was, lol) and after some laps with the gap to Ernie in front and Jonas behind me getting bigger, Hape got "McLaren'ed" and we went through.

Hape was so kind to hold up Jonas for a short moment and Han for a bit longer so I got some breathing room after 15 minutes of full on racing action.
Grinning and already being exhausted...

Linus let us through and sadly didn't held up Ernie for me :p

Then we approached Tajinder and can I applaud him for this perfectly timed lift?
I always love when I can trust a blue flagger, get closer with full on pace and then go past without one of us losing time!
Timestamp:

With 35 minutes left I decided to ignore the tyre degradation and lost the rear. Following Ernie got too boring I guess.
Did a wonderful 360° and managed to stay in front of Jonas with cooked tyres.
Went into the pits with Jonas following me.
He gained enough under "braking into the pit slot" that we approached the exit line inside of each other.
I feared for one or both of us getting completely destroyed from AC crash physics so I backed off and slotted in juuuust in front of @640er Andreas, who luckily didn't try to overtake me.

Beautiful situation with Jonas, lol:
1618239689987.png

At the end of the lap, Brian decided to copy my 360° skillz and placed his car wonderfully into my line :roflmao:
Nothing better than steering to the left while being pretty much at the limit mid corner.
1618239827501.png

I managed to dodge him but my exit was compromised so Andreas slipped through.

I watched him and Jonas battling it out while keeping my nose right at their rears for some laps until they went side by side through the highspeed right hander.

Holy cow, that was something worth to watch!:

Meaning both of them having a bad exit, I saw my chance and tried my luck.
Went side by side at the inside of Andreas in the first 90° right, used my momentum to go side by side with Jonas for the "Dingle Dell" and the second 90° right (Sheene).
Jonas went off, I had to correct a stepping out rear and Andreas was on my right while approaching the 90° left.
Luckily my soft Nissan could eat kerbs for breakfast so I took the most inside line possible and Godzilla pulled enough of a gap to not having to defend into the last turn.
Andreas went a tiny bit on the exit dirt and I was in clean air again.

I was so done. Physically, mentally, everything at this point.
Still 27 minutes to go...

A lap later I said hello to Jack, who nicely lifted on the start/finish straight to let me fly past :)
Mark sadly decided to get McLaren'ed and spun before I could overtake him.. :(

With Ernie reappearing on my Realtime, I decided to push for what was left.
Adjusted TC for the first sector to get better exits and back on the long straight to not spin again.

Had an awesome moment of adrenaline rushing when I though I didn't do it already and set the TC to "off" while entering the backfield... :D
A moment later I forgot to adjust it and almost lost the rear at the exit of Sheene, hit the inside barrier and my front wing went yellow...

Catching Ernie wasn't possible anymore but instead I was now being hunted by @hape who reappeared behind me!

The gap stayed more or less stable at 2-3s but the pressure for the last 15 minutes was immense after such an intense race.

I was closing in on Dean and Linus and hoped I wouldn't lose enough time for Hape to catch me.
Dean decided to visit some beautiful British fields of grass and gravel and Linus timed his little lift perfectly:

From then on I was just focusing on keeping it together. Of course I clipped the inside grass of Grabham (90° left after Druids) and almost lost the car...
A few wiggles later, a bit of exit-grass riding here and there and my nerves falling apart, I closed in on Colin.

I'm not sure if his re-spawn right in front of me, as you could watch in my post above was positive or destroyed me completely but anyway I managed to come home in 4th.

A bit unhappy that I couldn't keep up with Ernie, but super happy about such a lively race.

It was mega fun. Thanks for every one on the grid! :inlove::thumbsup:

And finally:
looking at simresults, I know why Ernie left me in the dust for this race in the end:
1618242048039.png

Last edited:
That was enough to lose some momentum and resulted in a slower exit.
Jesus - again cheers for the info ... and the sharp level of dynamic detail .. I was talking to Ernie the other day about how granular I can be ...
ran a test race against AI the day before, so I knew exactly how long the stop was gonna take
Right - thanks for saying ; At your speeds how do you make sure the AI are competitive?

As we are sometimes here going back in time, just had to say, had some great times here, too many names to say, ( Especially looking at the posted race ) but as Patrick now resides in a galaxy far far away. Had two great years racing Patrick, always he would whizz off into the distance, I would not do anything, not try and catch up, not do anything much at all, then eventually find him stuck in a wall, I would majestically float by, he would return to the race, start to quickly catch me again, then a few laps later, same wall, same situation.:D:D:D
Secretly though I knew he was going to sort it all out eventually, just made the most of the time I had.
You always gave me great races Patrick, even though I am sure you did not see it that way. :thumbsup:

Jesus - again cheers for the info ... and the sharp level of dynamic detail .. I was talking to Ernie the other day about how granular I can be ...

Right - thanks for saying ; At your speeds how do you make sure the AI are competitive?
I add some GTEs (911 RSRs and Vettes) to the grid and start dead last. Those 911s almost never have to pit, so that's quite a handicap already. They are also better on acceleration and passing them could be a challenge. In that test race, I came out of the pits 5 seconds behind a 911 RSR that took the lead and was able to catch up in a few laps being a second plus faster, but I could not pass it for the entirety of 15 laps left in the race. Straights are too short to pass in the slipstream and you can't follow the opponent very close in fast corners due to dirty air effects.

I add some GTEs (911 RSRs and Vettes) to the grid and start dead last. Those 911s almost never have to pit, so that's quite a handicap already. They are also better on acceleration and passing them could be a challenge. In that test race, I came out of the pits 5 seconds behind a 911 RSR that took the lead and was able to catch up in a few laps being a second plus faster, but I could not pass it for the entirety of 15 laps left in the race. Straights are too short to pass in the slipstream and you can't follow the opponent very close in fast corners due to dirty air effects.
Perfect - thanks a lot Dmitry !!! :)

Went side by side at the inside of Andreas in the first 90° right, used my momentum to go side by side with Jonas for the "Dingle Dell" and the second 90° right (Sheene).
Jonas went off, I had to correct a stepping out rear and Andreas was on my right while approaching the 90° left.
Luckily my soft Nissan could eat kerbs for breakfast so I took the most inside line possible and Godzilla pulled enough of a gap to not having to defend into the last turn.
Yeah that was some fine action. I've had already planned to pit next round but when you both came out of the pits so close in front of me, I couldn't resist joining the battle. Even though I knew that I will loose any places anyhow when pitting later on. But I had some fuel left and it was worth every second ;)

Last edited:
My race report:
I jumped into the car at the start of qualy but something felt off. So I looked into the record of my practice session and saw that CM has a bug... I practiced with 6°c higher air and track temps so I had a bit more power, which causes a tiny bit more wheelspin at corner exit and the balance between the tyres was off, since the front left wouldn't overheat anymore.

Start was okay, Jonas had a phenomenal start in his Ferrari so I had to go around the outside. I went next to Stefan and thought I'd have plenty of space there to stay side by side with Jonas and have the inside into the left turn.
Stefan had different plans so I went a tiiiiny bit wider than I had planned :roflmao: :roflmao:

Slotted in behind Jonas with Ernie on my right. I didn't want to cause a collision at the apex so yielded, shifted down to 2nd and was caught off by the wheelspin.
@HF2000 Han noticed his chance and instantly stuck his nose on my inside for Surtees.

Very very close call but luckily I didn't touch Han's rear during the switchback so I got a good exit.
Godzilla like some Fezza for lunch but Han only gave me the outside and pushed me to the edge of the track but I had none of it.
We slightly touched and I saw him dropping behind, meaning I could juuuust nail the apex.
View attachment 464386

From there I had a slight pace advantage and I tried to get back at Jonas and Ernie.
A really nice battle followed with Patrick and Dmitry out of vision and Hape slowly pulling a gap on us, Ernie was all over Jonas' rear and I was waiting for my chance.

Ernie got past in Druids and I was waiting for the long straight to have another Fezza for lunch.
Jonas was so kind to give me the inside and although I was trying to give him room around the outside, he backed off towards the exit.

We managed to close the gap on Hape (well, Ernie was, lol) and after some laps with the gap to Ernie in front and Jonas behind me getting bigger, Hape got "McLaren'ed" and we went through.

Hape was so kind to hold up Jonas for a short moment and Han for a bit longer so I got some breathing room after 15 minutes of full on racing action.

Then we approached Tajinder and can I applaud him for this perfectly timed lift?
I always love when I can trust a blue flagger, get closer with full on pace and then go past without one of us losing time!
Timestamp:

With 35 minutes left I decided to ignore the tyre degradation and lost the rear. Following Ernie got too boring I guess.
He gained enough under "braking into the pit slot" that we approached the exit line inside of each other.
I feared for one or both of us getting completely destroyed from AC crash physics so I backed off and slotted in juuuust in front of @640er Andreas, who luckily didn't try to overtake me.

View attachment 464388

At the end of the lap, Brian decided to copy my 360° skillz and placed his car wonderfully into my line :roflmao:
Nothing better than steering to the left while being pretty much at the limit mid corner.
View attachment 464389

I watched him and Jonas battling it out while keeping my nose right at their rears for some laps until they went side by side through the highspeed right hander.

A lap later I said hello to Jack, who nicely lifted on the start/finish straight to let me fly past :)

Adjusted TC for the first sector to get better exits and back on the long straight to not spin again.

Had an awesome moment of adrenaline rushing when I though I didn't do it already and set the TC to "off" while entering the backfield... :D
A moment later I forgot to adjust it and almost lost the rear at the exit of Sheene, hit the inside barrier and my front wing went yellow...

Catching Ernie wasn't possible anymore but instead I was now being hunted by @hape who reappeared behind me!

The gap stayed more or less stable at 2-3s but the pressure for the last 15 minutes was immense after such an intense race.

I was closing in on Dean and Linus and hoped I wouldn't lose enough time for Hape to catch me.
Dean decided to visit some beautiful British fields of grass and gravel and Linus timed his little lift perfectly:

From then on I was just focusing on keeping it together. Of course I clipped the inside grass of Grabham (90° left after Druids) and almost lost the car...
A few wiggles later, a bit of exit-grass riding here and there and my nerves falling apart, I closed in on Colin.

I'm not sure if his re-spawn right in front of me, as you could watch in my post above was positive or destroyed me completely but anyway I managed to come home in 4th.

A bit unhappy that I couldn't keep up with Ernie, but super happy about such a lively race.

And finally:
looking at simresults, I know why Ernie left me in the dust for this race in the end:
View attachment 464418
That server drop out was weird. I saw you ploughing into the barrier in my mirror - only to see you reappear a few corners later.

Morning Dmitry,

Thanks a lot for pulling this up - where did you get it ? Towards the end that is not what happened - I had overtaken Logan's BMW into the hairpin for 15th and then I got a lot of blue flags. But I think behind them hid competing cars - I could see stuff on Helicorsa and suspected there could be shadow cars, but then while trying to work out what to do I messed up my braking or something and the blueflag guy went past along with a couple of the shadows. After that there were more blue flags and like one guy was nose to tail - but there were other cars in front of me and I tried to get out of his way but he had I think simultaneously moved to the left with me and I clipped his nose and was out of the race. It was the last 30 seconds and I got on track and drove to the finish line.
The thing is Logan was one lap ahead of you at that moment, so you didn't actually overtake him, you just unlapped yourself. That botched pitstop cost you a whole lap and multiple positions as you spent an extra hundred seconds there:

1618248904286.png

My race report:

View attachment 464386

Timestamp:

View attachment 464388

View attachment 464389

And finally:
View attachment 464418

Nice report rasmus! I got a flashback of that 360'!! I was trying to get in the slip of stefano and coilin gtrs to get an overtake done into t1... Colin in front had an ill timed wobble into the last, stefano tapped him, i hit stefano, they toddled off. Luckily I could see you coming to t-bone me and just left the clutch in to keep rolling slowly backwards, just out of your way in time! Could have been another disaster! Edit 56:20 in your video... I was just about to brake, but luckily was able to look quickly left and see that would have been bad times! Edit edit. I just see now they were going into the pits explaining the slow down :cry:

Last edited:
Is it possible to differentiate between defending & blocking and is the latter acceptable?
Changing your line one time while there's no overlap yet is defending. Changing it more than once or squeezing the opponent out without leaving at least one car's width when there's some overlap is blocking. F1 drivers can often be seen not following this rule, but for some reason they are allowed to get away with it

The thing is Logan was one lap ahead of you at that moment, so you didn't actually overtake him, you just unlapped yourself. That botched pitstop cost you a whole lap and multiple positions as you spent an extra hundred seconds there:

View attachment 464468
Believe me I just realised today when Rasmus told me ! I got the feeling I was racing on another planet . I told Rasmus now I understand why poor Dmitry was so perplexed by my descriptions !

Thanks as always for being so sharp :)

Nice report rasmus! I got a flashback of that 360'!! I was trying to get in the slip of stefano and coilin gtrs to get an overtake done into t1... Colin in front had an ill timed wobble into the last, stefano tapped him, i hit stefano, they toddled off. Luckily I could see you coming to t-bone me and just left the clutch in to keep rolling slowly backwards, just out of your way in time! Could have been another disaster! Edit 56:20 in your video... I was just about to brake, but luckily was able to look quickly left and see that would have been bad times! Edit edit. I just see now they were going into the pits explaining the slow down :cry:
Thanks a lot for that look to the left and keeping the clutch in! :inlove:
That was one scary moment as I didn't know if I should go left or right but luckily we had the same idea of trajectories :D

Sorry that your race wasn't really great :(

Was that the rears ?
Mate what do I often tell you ?
Same here - without the grin, just was relieved to get to the end
I always love when I can trust a blue flagger
like myself :D I lifted as well !
Was it that serious ?
Yeah well - Ernie was born on a locomotive mate - the old master.
It was mega fun. Thanks for every one on the grid!
Thanks a lot to you too Raz - grid wouldn't be the same without you ! I saw your laps above - I loved the decisive overtakes and the speed you barrel into the corner after the hairpin. Really smooth - controlled - I am surprised the rears wore out ... it is a pity we can't fit mediums up back and softs on the front.

For me that was my best race ever. I didn't touch anyone and only just drifted slightly onto the grass few times.

After reading all the comments on this forum, it is clear this is a great bunch of people let alone drivers.

For those just getting started, sim racing is HARD and Brands Hatch makes it HARDER.

Thanks for all races Chris and congratulations to all the contestants!

Last edited:
My race report, from memory, I managed to delete my replay after waching a few incidents.

But first of all many thanks to Chris for organising the Sunday races, your successor has a lot to live upto to !

So let the comedy of errors begin...

Planned to log on at 8:30 CEST to test the tyres, but a mate called at 8ish and although in these Covid times, any social contact is much appreciated he wouldn't hang up :roflmao:

finally managed to log on planning to test the hard tyres but my pedals wern't working !!
I had forgotten that I'd unplugged them from the USB and plugged them into the wheelbase. :redface:

Log out, recalibrate the pedals, change settings in CM, log back in.

But now my paddles wern't working.......I'd been driving H pattern before, forget to change the controller profile in CM :redface:

Log out, change settings in CM, log back in.

But now I realised I could hear everything in my headphones execpt the car itself.........the car's sound was coming out of the monitor, I'd forgotten to change the audio profile in CM:redface:

Finally tested the hard tyres, much slower than I expected, decide to stick to softs for the race but needed to manage them to make them last.

Quali was ok, could go 4 tenths quicker but wouldn't have made a huge differnce to my starting position, you guys are quick !! So I decided to use the time to set up my pit strategy.......

Stayed mostly out of trouble at the start except for a small tap at Druids, think I made up a few positions but not sure. Was concious of looking after the tyres and as a result came out a bit slow out of Clark which let I think Linus pull along side on the straight, decided to give him the line into Paddock......but just as I started to turn in, Stefan U decided to use the space inside, fair does, the door was open :laugh:
Raced Stefan for the position into Graham Hill Bend, he kept coming right, I kept going right, braking with one wheel on the grass is not adivsable.....

So down to 20th, nothing for it but to do consitent times, manage the tyres and hope for freebies. First 5 or so laps felt ok, a bit slow but I'm managing the tyres right? Suddenly I'm going much slower.......look down front right is -2psi !!!

Do I have puncture....nope I'm going too slow, need to get heat back in the front tyres.....but just couldn't get heat into them......and I'm not burning fuel as quick as in practise........the rears started to wear quicker than the fronts.......stated losing the back end......car balance felt awefull....spun out of Paddock.....I know, I'll pit early, lower the fuel, put softs on and pick up the pace on a lower fuel load :cool:

Pitted, came out, saw I think 2 coming down the straight, stayed right and slow, let them pass, up the hill I saw another 2 approaching fast , decided to stay right and brake early.......but I went straight, felt like ice........
Think it messed up Han and let Stefan overtake him, SORRY!!

Settled down but the car still felt awefull....looked down, tyres are blue!!! youre' driving too slow again, pick up the pace!! but I kept going straight under braking........looked down again, I'd asked the pit crew for softs and they'd given me hards :mad:

Do I pit?? no point just get on with it!!
That's strange, my fuel seems to be running out.....I'd under fuellled :redface:
Pit again, miss the box, reverse into box, change to softs, change fuel load again and out for the last 15 mins.

Car feels great, flying (relatively speaking :)), fastest lap straight away but still 1s off my PB, so enjoy the free air, light fuel load and for a quick lap time....... put my foot down .and came up quickly behind Richard B, no more free air :cry:

I was quicker but 2 laps behind Richard. I didn't want to risk an overtake and punt him off so I settled in behind, tried to keep a safe distance but my fresher tyres meant I kept closing up , sure I frighted him sometimes :D

Trundled home in last :(

Many thanks to all for the race, congratulations to Demetri for the win!!

Next time, I'm not answering the phone :roflmao:

For me that was my best race ever. I didn't touch anyone and only just drifted slightly onto the grass few times.

After reading all the comments on this forum, it is clear this is a great bunch of people let alone drivers.

For those just getting started, sim racing is HARD and Brands Hatch makes it HARDER.

Thanks for all races Chris and congratulations to all the contestants!
And you can thank me for your 8th position as I stopped my car when the connection failed :D. I thought the race ended. I didn't know the server connection can come back:roflmao:.

My race report, from memory, I managed to delete my replay after waching a few incidents.

But first of all many thanks to Chris for organising the Sunday races, your successor has a lot to live upto to !

Planned to log on at 8:30 CEST to test the tyres, but a mate called at 8ish and although in these Covid times, any social contact is much appreciated he wouldn't hang up :roflmao:

finally managed to log on planning to test the hard tyres but my pedals wern't working !!
I had forgotten that I'd unplugged them from the USB and plugged them into the wheelbase. :redface:

But now my paddles wern't working.......I'd been driving H pattern before, forget to change the controller profile in CM :redface:

But now I realised I could hear everything in my headphones execpt the car itself.........the car's sound was coming out of the monitor, I'd forgotten to change the audio profile in CM:redface:

Finally tested the hard tyres, much slower than I expected, decide to stick to softs for the race but needed to manage them to make them last.

Quali was ok, could go 4 tenths quicker but wouldn't have made a huge differnce to my starting position, you guys are quick !! So I decided to use the time to set up my pit strategy.......

Stayed mostly out of trouble at the start except for a small tap at Druids, think I made up a few positions but not sure. Was concious of looking after the tyres and as a result came out a bit slow out of Clark which let I think Linus pull along side on the straight, decided to give him the line into Paddock......but just as I started to turn in, Stefan U decided to use the space inside, fair does, the door was open :laugh:
Raced Stefan for the position into Graham Hill Bend, he kept coming right, I kept going right, braking with one wheel on the grass is not adivsable.....

So down to 20th, nothing for it but to do consitent times, manage the tyres and hope for freebies. First 5 or so laps felt ok, a bit slow but I'm managing the tyres right? Suddenly I'm going much slower.......look down front right is -2psi !!!

Do I have puncture....nope I'm going too slow, need to get heat back in the front tyres.....but just couldn't get heat into them......and I'm not burning fuel as quick as in practise........the rears started to wear quicker than the fronts.......stated losing the back end......car balance felt awefull....spun out of Paddock.....I know, I'll pit early, lower the fuel, put softs on and pick up the pace on a lower fuel load :cool:

Pitted, came out, saw I think 2 coming down the straight, stayed right and slow, let them pass, up the hill I saw another 2 approaching fast , decided to stay right and brake early.......but I went straight, felt like ice........

Settled down but the car still felt awefull....looked down, tyres are blue!!! youre' driving too slow again, pick up the pace!! but I kept going straight under braking........looked down again, I'd asked the pit crew for softs and they'd given me hards :mad:

That's strange, my fuel seems to be running out.....I'd under fuellled :redface:
Pit again, miss the box, reverse into box, change to softs, change fuel load again and out for the last 15 mins.

Car feels great, flying (relatively speaking :)), fastest lap straight away but still 1s off my PB, so enjoy the free air, light fuel load and for a quick lap time....... put my foot down .and came up quickly behind Richard B, no more free air :cry:

I was quicker but 2 laps behind Richard. I didn't want to risk an overtake and punt him off so I settled in behind, tried to keep a safe distance but my fresher tyres meant I kept closing up , sure I frighted him sometimes :D

Great story, Taj. Really enjoyed reading it! :roflmao::thumbsup:

What a read mate! Awesome :roflmao: :roflmao:

If you ever need some help with setups or managing pit stops or whatever, feel free to ask :)

All I can say about your race is that when you got blue flags for me, it was full on pace flying by without you going off track or slowing down too much.
It was really dynamic and nicely timed, as I linked in my stream timestamp :)

*getting within 1s of you* -> "Well, no time left for friendships in this race"
:D what friendships ? ahahahaha
Realtime became one
Yeah I installed it already - what is that track thing top left on your replay Razza?
Patrick doesn't count for these statistics, as does Chris
Raz - never consider politics as a career ok ?
so I was the fastest Nissan
No no Ernie demonstrated his Nissan was capable of timeflight because someone on here sold him a flux capacitor ... so we need to account for phantom laps too :D
Yeah but the Audi would just melt the softs. The Nissan is very nice to its tyre
Right - I didn't realise
there was no way to see the little disconnect happening.
I was just grateful to get to the end - its not that I didn't see the disconnect I didn't see anyone lol ... the Nissan is a great machine.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 340 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 38.9%