AC GT3 @ Brands Hatch - Sunday 11th April 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I would only agree to participate in such an event if the cars were the same ex. mx5 cup car, etc. With GT3 the cars are very different one to the next 'out of the box.'

If we look at the times of the last races, we had a pretty good mixture of cars in the Top 5, Top 10.
Like Audi, 650s, GTR, Z4, Lambo and Ferarri.

You can look up the exact standings in sgp but I just combined the last 4 races I have been in.
In the Top 10 we had:

McLaren 650S - 11
Audi R8 - 7
Nissan GT-R - 5
BMW Z4 - 5
Ferrari 488 - 5
Lambo - 3
Porsche 911 - 3
SCG 003C - 1

Road America Top 3
McLaren 605S
Nissan GT-R
Lambo

Bahrain Top 3
Audi
McLaren 650S
McLaren 650S

Okayama Top 3
Audi
McLaren 650S
Ferrari

Kayalami Top 3
Audi
McLaren 650S
Nissan GT-R

So I would say we have a good split of the cars. Sure the 650s is currently a little more popular, but the figures show that every car (except the AMG) is capable of hitting the Top 10. Also in the Top 3 we already had 5 different cars.
They all have their advantages and disadvantages but time wise they are all pretty close. I would also argue that if you pick a different car and you get some practice in, you will hit similar times with each car. You might just prefer one over the other and stick with it. Thats why you might be faster with your favorite one.

The time difference is just personal skill level. Just look at @Chris Down , he wins with the 650s, Ferrari or even the SCG.

Watching our last races, I would say there are currently 4 groups of drivers battling.
Our Alien like Top 3 followed by a group that battles for places 3 - 10 and then I would say the back markers are also divided into two groups. So there are enough people to race with a very strong midfield currently.

Last edited:
I would also argue that if you pick a different car and you get some practice in, you will hit similar times with each car.
I found this to be true from bouncing from the Nissan, SCG, and now the BMW. For example, my PB at Brands in the SCG is 1.26.620 - BMW: 1.26.477. Before my recent two-week hiatus due to finals, I felt really confident in the SCG, but now, I can't control the rear end. As Ernie said a few races ago it's a slooooooow loss and not much can be done about it.
I would say the back markers are also divided into two groups.
This is fair to say. Recently I've noticed how much consistency matters as I think the "faster" of these two backmarker groups collect those that spin more frequently. Is this made up for with practice? Sure. I think it also has to do with driving a single car for a little while and learning it; braking zones, gear changes, tire wear, etc.

Ok dev is finishing up on something then will get to this. If possible just take the names of the drivers and we will add them in before your event.
Thanks! The two to add:

Ok I just duplicated the event and added the additional drivers.

New event link here - https://beta.simracing.gp/events/4on8XpOn-PKqN5aPPQLMz#participants

Please don't delete the old event so Dev can look at it.

Thanks a lot! I see it says "please do not edit" so I'll ask here: can you change the title to make it clear to event attendees that there is another event and they should use it, in case they already bookmarked the link? Now with SGP not everyone will see the thread here.

Last edited:
Ok I just duplicated the event and added the additional drivers.

New event link here - https://beta.simracing.gp/events/4on8XpOn-PKqN5aPPQLMz#participants

Please don't delete the old event so Dev can look at it.

Thanks a lot! I see it says "please do not edit" so I'll ask here: can you change the title to make it clear to event attendees that there is another event and they should use it, in case they already bookmarked the link? Now with SGP not everyone will see the thread here.

I am not on the list for this new link and it says 0 available slots. Was there something else I needed to do or did I miss the spot?

Last edited:
I am not on the list for this new link and it says 0 available slots. Was there something else I needed to do or did I miss the spot?

It looks like someone else got added instead of you:

Let me see if I can replace them with you as admin.

Edit: Looks like it worked.

Last edited:
Ok, I think I fixed all the car assignments. That said, everyone, please do check your entry and correct it as appropriate :)

I also seems I can't set your skin as admin when setting your car, so if you care about that, you'll need to fix it yourself.
Not that I'm that bothered but it doesn't look like you can change your skin in this new event

Thanks @VernWozza and @Chris Down for your efforts :thumbsup:

I havn't had a car selected (obviously) and got the GT-R assigned. Wouldn't have been my first choice at Brands but that's ok and I'm too afraid to cancel my reg and try to register with a new car :D This brick on 4 wheels could bring some nice midfield pack action with it :thumbsup:

Not that I'm that bothered but it doesn't look like you can change your skin in this new event
I just did:
When you go at "cars" and look at your selected car, there's no "change" buttons, but a little extra button in the car's image.
Seems to be this colour palette thingy painters use.

Click on that and change your skin :)

I havn't had a car selected (obviously) and got the GT-R assigned. Wouldn't have been my first choice at Brands but that's ok and I'm too afraid to cancel my reg and try to register with a new car :D This brick on 4 wheels could bring some nice midfield pack action with it :thumbsup:
You don't need to re-register with a new car.
Just go on the "cars" tab of the event and click "change" on whatever you wanna use :)

If we look at the times of the last races, we had a pretty good mixture of cars in the Top 5, Top 10.
Like Audi, 650s, GTR, Z4, Lambo and Ferarri.

You can look up the exact standings in sgp but I just combined the last 4 races I have been in.
In the Top 10 we had:

McLaren 650S - 11
Audi R8 - 7
Nissan GT-R - 5
BMW Z4 - 5
Ferrari 488 - 5
Lambo - 3
Porsche 911 - 3
SCG 003C - 1

Road America Top 3
McLaren 605S
Nissan GT-R
Lambo

Bahrain Top 3
Audi
McLaren 650S
McLaren 650S

Okayama Top 3
Audi
McLaren 650S
Ferrari

Kayalami Top 3
Audi
McLaren 650S
Nissan GT-R

So I would say we have a good split of the cars. Sure the 650s is currently a little more popular, but the figures show that every car (except the AMG) is capable of hitting the Top 10. Also in the Top 3 we already had 5 different cars.
They all have their advantages and disadvantages but time wise they are all pretty close. I would also argue that if you pick a different car and you get some practice in, you will hit similar times with each car. You might just prefer one over the other and stick with it. Thats why you might be faster with your favorite one.

The time difference is just personal skill level. Just look at @Chris Down , he wins with the 650s, Ferrari or even the SCG.

Watching our last races, I would say there are currently 4 groups of drivers battling.
Our Alien like Top 3 followed by a group that battles for places 3 - 10 and then I would say the back markers are also divided into two groups. So there are enough people to race with a very strong midfield currently.

I've changed you to the mclaren successfully? Which car would you like?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 367 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 510 39.0%