AC GT3 @ Brands Hatch - Sunday 11th April 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Dont know if this would be possible to change after the event was created. If not its just another disadvantage of the "new" system.
I think it's possible and very easy and therefore an advantage of the 'new' system.

Actually I was thinking to organise a 'surprise' event sometime and use this feature to change the track at the last moment so nobody can practice or optimize the setup. It then comes down on pure talent and skills.

But I don't know if that is going to attract a lot of participants.

Last edited:
Announce Imola and 5 mins before the race switch to an Oval :D

What I meant with disadvantage is that OSRW tracks are not available atm.
In addition with the other problems we had so far like every second race.
Hope things get sorted out soon, cause a more automatic system just gives the staff more time
to focus on the more important things.

Announce Imola and 5 mins before the race switch to an Oval :D
Good one! I was thinking of a Ligier event on Brands Hatch Indy and switch at the last moment to Fonteny :roflmao: !
1617892348949.png

Last edited:
Oh already full grid :/ So I guess OSRW isn't available yet? If someones not able to show up, pls remember to cancel your registration.

There was a 'fix' on wednesday that involved maximising the window. Tried adding you but no luck.

Thank you Colin and Brian. I already tried playing around with window size, differenz browser etc. Maximized, minimized on my smartphone, different browsers.. no luck. Still one spot available but no "Choose" Button. @Bram Hengeveld fyi

Last edited:
Thank you Colin, I already tried it. Maximized, minimized on my smartphone, different browsers.. no luck. Still one spot available but no "Choose" Button. @Bram Hengeveld fyi

I tried earlier too. Same issue. Maybe the system is not fully updating a record somewhere on cancellation so the select car logic thinks the event is still full. In any case you were trying before me so I shall let you persevere. Good luck :thumbsup:

This is what makes me sad when dealing with modern day web-based software. It's often plagued by ridiculous bugs appearing in rather typical usage scenarios, which makes me think that nobody bothers to thoroughly test it before the deployment. And even industry leaders like Amazon, Google, Facebook, etc are not exempt, so this kind of "quality" has become the norm. As long as it works like 99% of the time people think that's OK

This is what makes me sad when dealing with modern day web-based software. It's often plagued by ridiculous bugs appearing in rather typical usage scenarios, which makes me think that nobody bothers to thoroughly test it before the deployment. And even industry leaders like Amazon, Google, Facebook, etc are not exempt, so this kind of "quality" has become the norm. As long as it works like 99% of the time people think that's OK

Unfortunately its not 99%, as you said we are just asking for basic features that should have already been outlined when the web service was developed. Cause its the normal use case to change tracks for more pits and also cancel and reopen the slot for new registrations. I just cant imagine how this stuff isnt fixed until now, or how it was overlooked.

Last edited:
Hey folks, I got a really bad fever after the race on Wednesday (maybe from @Erik Axelsson's spicy overtake!) and haven't recovered since. If I feel good enough to race I'll do that, but it's not looking so good right now unfortunately.

Let's see how it goes though, if I can do it, you know I love a bit of Brands :)

You should take it easy for a couple of days more and then come join us for some Group C action on Tuesday instead :D That will get you back in love with tarmac I'm sure ;)

Get well soon mate!

Hmm I just made a test, I was registered for the TT/MX5 race for Wednesday and canceled my registration yesterday. Could easily register again just a couple of seconds ago. Some weird stuff is going on here.

Hmm I just made a test, I was registered for the TT/MX5 race for Wednesday and canceled my registration yesterday. Could easily register again just a couple of seconds ago. Some weird stuff is going on here.
That's probably because that race didn't have a full grid yet. This error occurs when there were no spots left. It looks like s.gp uses some kind of flag that there are no spots left which isn't reset after someone cancels his registration.

Or another explaination is that if you registered before, that spot stays 'reserved' for you and thus isn't freed for someone else.

Last edited:
I think it's possible and very easy and therefore an advantage of the 'new' system.

Actually I was thinking to organise a 'surprise' event sometime and use this feature to change the track at the last moment so nobody can practice or optimize the setup. It then comes down on pure talent and skills.

But I don't know if that is going to attract a lot of participants.
I would only agree to participate in such an event if the cars were the same ex. mx5 cup car, etc. With GT3 the cars are very different one to the next 'out of the box.'

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%