AC GT3 @ Brands Hatch - Sunday 10th January 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Finally after almost a year of simracing now, i managed to have clean race without any spins or big mistakes and my best result (from p8 to p5) in these sunday night races. Very happy with that! It was beginning to irritate that i messed it up every race because op a stupit mistake. Had some great racing with @GEO147 and @RasmusP, thanks for the clean racing guys! It’s insane how much you can learn from racing with guys who also want to race hard but fair. Absolutly enjoy these races on sunday. Thanks @Chris Down for orginazing.

My VR onboard:

Thanks for the video Chris & congrats for your win in the Ferrari - an alien in a Ferrari or a 650s is still an:alien::p. Up until I had watched the video, I was relatively pleased with my race. I knew my pace was 4/5 tenths down on what I was expecting & I knew the problem partly lay @ Graham Hill Bend, but I didn't realise how wide I was running after the corner. My goal is always to have a clean race, within the rules, so that repeated infringement was a tad... :redface:

Edit: On the positive side, I finally managed to finish a GT3 race @ Brands Hatch. In the race I was expecting to slug it out with @Kek700 et al, especially after seeing Ernie select medium tyres for the race and how close our times were in the qualifying round. I thought he was going to go for a fuel only pit strategy, where I would find myself behind him after my pitstop. Knowing how difficult it is to get past Ernie, which was my nightmare scenario :confused:, I went with a very conservative rear wing set up (4). It worked up until the point I tried to make a conscious effort to catch Chris with eight laps to go. As soon as I started to make a push, however, I lost lost control of the car - on the same lap:laugh:. So ended my pathetic attempt to catch an :alien::roflmao:.

Thanks for putting on the race Chris, & congrats for winning the race in your, I guess, second choice car. The same to Ernie.

After all this time using VR, I'm still hit & miss switching over from my headphones to VR, with windows not always transferring the audio settings to Teamspeak properly - I was thanking the back markers throughout the race, but I was clearly talking to myself.

Last edited:
New grass camo put to good use tonight. Bad ideas i had for this race...

lowering rear wing a click at the last minute and only testing it during quali, instead of doing a proper quali;

first testing of minimum abs and traction control settings at brands;

i had a good start, survived lap 1...
A guy was sideways at turn 2, after a tip he had, i halfed stopped to let him go.. got rammed and stampeded by the following pack. Should have just pushed him out of the way? Steering lock is terrible on the ferrari if someone is anyway sideways in front of you, you're stuck.

Drove badly from then on apart from getting going a small bit after 20 minutes but only for a few laps. The mediums started to wear out and the lowered rear wing meant i was sliding off every second lap. Couldn't carry on. I was becoming a danger to the many lapping cars!

Definetely the worst gt3 race for binning it events ive had since the early days. Onwards and upwards!

A guy was sideways at turn 2, after a tip he had, i halfed stopped to let him go.. got rammed and stampeded by the following pack. Should have just pushed him out of the way?
I think that was me. I got a bit of a nudge, probably because I was a bit cautious going into the hairpin. I tried to say carry on over TS to whomever it was, but got my buttons muddled up. It was absolute carnage after though! :D

Had what i would class for me a good race finishing 11th :) was trying to Catch @GeekyDeaks but just couldn't make enough time
I was desperately trying not to pay attention to the realtime! Considering we were both near the back earlier in the race, I think we made a good comeback :D

Also got badly caught by the pit stop. Unknown at the time I was in the very first pit bay, so when i crossed the pit entrance line it popped up on my right and i skidded past it!

I leave that for the final moan!

Looked like some great racing going past. Congrats to the podium and chris for the win. See you all in the next one!

A guy was sideways at turn 2, after a tip he had, i halfed stopped to let him go.. got rammed and stampeded by the following pack.

That may have been me that rammed into the back of you. I was coming through the corner as it happened and had little time to react. I pulled off to the right to let people by as it didn't feel right to carry on after rear-ending someone.

lowering rear wing a click

This was the same mistake I made. Finished quali and thought "hmmm...that was a good time maybe I should do this for my race setup" Never again.

Sounds like it was a wild race. The next one is Sunday?

Yep, every Sunday. Hope to see you there. As a perpetual backmarker and newbie I can say that this group of guys is some of the best racing I've experienced. This includes all the races I joined in iracing. Really a superb club and it's so much fun being part of such a large grid. Saw you in the practice server for this race and I hope to see you on the grid next week.

As a heads up there may be a new sign-up for next weeks race. @Chris Down mentioned using simracing.gp...keep checking back for updates as Chris is really good about this. Don't stress about it as it's pretty straightforward and if there are any hiccups the RD staff are quick to help.

That may have been me that rammed into the back of you. I was coming through the corner as it happened and had little time to react. I pulled off to the right to let people by as it didn't feel right to carry on after rear-ending someone.

This was the same mistake I made. Finished quali and thought "hmmm...that was a good time maybe I should do this for my race setup" Never again.

No worries logan, pile ups are rare but do happen! Not much you can do when the whole thing comes to a stop in the braking zone. I suppose one of the pros of VR, real head movement or a wide field of view is that you can see into the hairpins and tight corners better and avoid turning into the trouble. I had eased off for the yellow flag but alot of the the time the yellows are nothing,just a car has run wide ir something. There should be a different flag for pile ups!!

New grass camo put to good use tonight. Bad ideas i had for this race...

lowering rear wing a click at the last minute and only testing it during quali, instead of doing a proper quali;

first testing of minimum abs and traction control settings at brands;

i had a good start, survived lap 1...
A guy was sideways at turn 2, after a tip he had, i halfed stopped to let him go.. got rammed and stampeded by the following pack. Should have just pushed him out of the way? Steering lock is terrible on the ferrari if someone is anyway sideways in front of you, you're stuck.

Drove badly from then on apart from getting going a small bit after 20 minutes but only for a few laps. The mediums started to wear out and the lowered rear wing meant i was sliding off every second lap. Couldn't carry on. I was becoming a danger to the many lapping cars!

Definetely the worst gt3 race for binning it events ive had since the early days. Onwards and upwards!

I was part of the turn 2, think Scott was infront you and me behind you I couldn't avoid taping the back of your car, you slowed and let me thru even tho I was going to stay behind.

I think that was me. I got a bit of a nudge, probably because I was a bit cautious going into the hairpin. I tried to say carry on over TS to whomever it was, but got my buttons muddled up. It was absolute carnage after though! :D

I was desperately trying not to pay attention to the realtime! Considering we were both near the back earlier in the race, I think we made a good comeback :D

Our laptimes must have been so close to each other, gutted I lost it coming onto the straight or it would have been close all race I reckon.

I was part of the turn 2, think Scott was infront you and me behind you I couldn't avoid taping the back of your car, you slowed and let me thru even tho I was going to stay behind.

Sorry simon, i'm still having internet issues and was looking to drop back out of the madness. Didn't know if you were waiting on me or someone else..

Sorry for disconnecting early, I had such a bad pain in my back for some reason. Considering I practiced very little, I was happy enough with bouncing in and out of the top 10 due to basically everyone taking turns at binning it, but soon after my pit I drifted wide and spun at Paddock Hill and then again at Westfield, ending up out of the top 10 and well behind the others. I then decided I just wasn't in the mood to suffer through more lower back pain for the sake of finishing the race.

So sorry for bumping into you on pit entry @Fiberoptix , I totally misjudged your speed, no way my normal braking marker for pit entry would have stopped me in time :(

Hi I'm a new convert to AC and would like to have a go at the next event. Can you tell me what this condition means in the original post...

All premium members using their full Real Name in the forum, race servers and teamspeak can sign up for this event.

How do you use your real name - I can't see anywhere in the settings that allows you to do this. Probably just me being thick!

Last edited:
Thanks, I enjoyed that. My driving was pretty awful and I didn't even manage to achieve my goal of at least not spinning off the track. I missed the pit window and got disqualified. Definitely need some serious practise, I think this level may be too advanced for me!

Basically I came across all the newbies at some point or other, Tim, Logan, Dave Twilley, Taj, etc, etc, as I am usually driving alone at some point or other.
I look to see how quick you are in the corners, all were just the same as me, sometimes it took a lot to catch any of you.
It is so easy to get fixed on a lap time, not realising how quick you are in some of the corners. The main reason I caught some of you quickly, was errors, not lack of pace.
Just plain old consistency and concentration, we are all the same, if anything breaks my concentration, a wondering of the mind, an accident in front, anything, I am almost certainly going to cod’s up that next corner.

I first became aware of that when I first raced here, was slower than all of you,
I noticed by being consistent , which I usually am, and not making mistake I could easily get a top 10 finish.

If you lose a tenth in every corner to an alien, then lose 8/10ths on a single corner, of course you are going to feel as though you were slow, when in fact you were and are very competitive.
Anyone who can lap Brands Hatch in the 26’s or 27’s is far from slow, that is a very good time, it is when you compare it to Chris times , that’s when you start to badly judge your self.

if you lap brands in low consistent 26’s, make no mistakes, you will easily get a high placing

May have a problem if Chris is you target for an overtake though. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

the end.

Hi I'm a new convert to AC and would like to have a go at the next event. Can you tell me what this condition means in the original post...

How do you use your real name - I can't see anywhere in the settings that allows you to do this. Probably just me being thick!
If you click on your small picture in the upper right, you can go to the account details. Scroll a bit down and there you see a field Real Name.

Last edited:
I first became aware of that when I first raced here, was slower than all of you,
I noticed by being consistent , which I usually am, and not making mistake I could easily get a top 10 finish.
I second this :D I was easily in the lower third/quarter of lap times, but managed to bumble along into 10th. Would have probably been two places higher if I hadn't lost concentration twice near the end.

You had 99.38% consistency Ernie... :notworthy:

May have a problem if Chris is you target for an overtake though. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
I do the opposite: my target is to not get lapped by Chris. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Have to say I enjoyed watching the last 10 Minutes of Chris' VR video. You can see him slowly catching up to a Porsche, which is me.
And I have to say, seeing that he isn't magically eating up the distance through every corner feels like I'm kinda fast!

You had 99.38% consistency Ernie... :notworthy:
Yeah that was insane looking into Simresults!

About consistency: I only was 10th according to "fastest lap of each driver" but I was 5th in consistency, which earnt me coming 6th at the end :cool:

Last edited:
That was a tough race. Brands Hatch leaves no time to relax. I managed to make only one spin! Great racing with Morne towards the end!

For all the new drivers, you did a great job on track. The nerves can get rankled when you see all those blue flags.

I have been driving with this group for just over six months and I remember how shaky I was for the first few races.

Seat time and patience will see you in the mid pack soon.

Thanks for organizing Chris and congratulations to the finishers!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 168 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 452 39.2%