AC GT3 @ Brands Hatch - Sat 02.08.14

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
The track got updated and I get better fps now. I think we can add one or two guys more than 18.

Edit:
You might wonna reduce your AF and world detail settings for this to even out the fps. Lots of trees cause them to drop after T4 and during T7.

Last edited:
Apologies @Ken Baldwin. I had 'RED MIST' after smashing into the stationary car on the grid.
I did look left, saw some cars, waited for them to pass, saw a gap but not you (obviously!).
As it was 30 laps, I thought about carrying on only to be 'punted off' the track by @Janko Vanak on the straight for no reason.!??
So fed up, had time to relax and set car up for a change, only for a disappointing 'hazard' to wreck a potential fun race.
(In the past (NetKar) race would be reset for situations like that.!?)
Rant over!:cry: (I'm off to the pub!)

Edit: @Janko Vanak , just watched replay and there was massive lag. One minute you are behind, the next, you're riding in my boot!!. Oh well.!!??:unsure:

Last edited:
Big sorry Georg for that crash in T1 somewhere in the middle of the race... I just didnt pay enough attention and did not react on your slightly early brake. Sorry m8 :(

Good race all, enjoyed, me & my little Lotus managed to dodge trouble finishing a respectable 6th, tyres were shot to bits though :O_o: time for a well earned Stella! :thumbsup:

In my opinion, there should of been a race restart because of where the car was positioned and the quantity of people affected. But I finished 4th and was happy with that! :)

@Gary Lennon you have some explaining to do... :devilish:

I think people should be more careful when they see a much faster car coming from behind. I understand that this can be difficult because of the lack of blue flags, but we all need to use the mirrors and know to read the race. I had several problems today with some lapped guys who didn't get away from the line. One of them almost caused me an accident and in the next corner provoked a crash to @Pavel Darebný (bad luck man, we could have had a good battle). Guys please, let's use the head.

In other terms, I had some moments with a lot of input lag that caused me excursions in the grass, I hope this track has more optimization because it looks great.

Forgot to add, it was nice not having any of those 5 second penalties!! :)
Not by choice - penalties were enabled on the server, however this track has no defined penalty zones (yet).

Regarding the overtaking slower cars issue - I'm watching the replay right now and seeing it for myself.
-----------
@Alex Ardisana
@Pavel Darebný
@Paul Hurlow
@Olly Stevenson
@Cayd Breslin

Did you guys call out an overtake/ said "blue flags [driver name in front] on the backmarkers in ts? - and conversely, were the backmarkers themselves on ts and hearing these calls?
-------------------
@Catalin Sasu
Thx for ramming the Lotus from the track on lap 10 ;)

Last edited:
I think a simple announcement on TeamSpeak should be enough to alert lapped cars. On a short track like this where you're always near another car, I guess it is more difficult to know who is behind you (especially if there has been a lot of carnage that has muddled the order up).

I think both parties have a responsibility to make it happen safely. The lapper should alert the lapped car in plenty of time, and the lapped car should allow a pass when the lapper chooses to make it.

Another issue is that some less experienced drivers may not know what to do, or how to safely let someone else through. Remember that these are club races and for learning and having fun. A simple bit of instruction would be more useful than getting angry at the slower car. Some guys might get nervous when they are being lapped and end up doing something weird, but with totally good intentions.

EDIT: In reply to your previous post Georg, I only did 1 lap when I was 5 laps down as my wheel was playing up, so I certainly didnt lap anyone :p

Not by choice - penalties were enabled on the server, however this track has no defined penalty zones (yet).

Regarding the overtaking slower cars issue - I'm watching the replay right now and seeing it for myself.
-----------
@Alex Ardisana
@Pavel Darebný
@Paul Hurlow
@Olly Stevenson
@Cayd Breslin

Did you guys call out an overtake/ said "blue flags [driver name in front] on the backmarkers in ts? - and conversely, were the backmarkers themselves on ts and hearing these calls?
I cant remember any backmarker causing a problem for me, the cars I come across were either crashed/crashing out, I only had battles with drivers for position.....I think :unsure:

@Georg Siebert I didn't say anything because we were just 4 or 5 guys in TS, I looked who was connected just before the race and we all were in the top 10 of the chart, anyway I might be wrong. The only thing I tried was flashing lights, but I'm not sure if that works properly

Last edited:
I think a simple announcement on TeamSpeak should be enough to alert lapped cars. On a short track like this where you're always near another car, I guess it is more difficult to know who is behind you (especially if there has been a lot of carnage that has muddled the order up).

I think both parties have a responsibility to make it happen safely. The lapper should alert the lapped car in plenty of time, and the lapped car should allow a pass when the lapper chooses to make it.

Another issue is that some less experienced drivers may not know what to do, or how to safely let someone else through. Remember that these are club races and for learning and having fun. A simple bit of instruction would be more useful than getting angry at the slower car. Some guys might get nervous when they are being lapped and end up doing something weird, but with totally good intentions.

EDIT: In reply to your previous post Georg, I only did 1 lap when I was 5 laps down as my wheel was playing up, so I certainly didnt lap anyone :p
Yep, you're right. I don't want to sound angry or something, I understand that not everybody have the same experience, and that's why we are in the racing club. I just wanted to make a call to everybody till we have a flag system

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 211 14.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 214 14.4%