EU GT3 @ Brands Hatch GP - Tue 31Oct17

Discussion in 'Project CARS 2 Racing Club' started by Dennis, Oct 24, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 31-10-17
  1. Mathias Nielsen

Mathias Nielsen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +305
    atleast i made in into t3 this time... GL HF. done with this for now.

2. Smokeysworld

Smokeysworld
    It's not a Rover, it's an MG! Premium

Ratings:
    +34
    Apologies for disappearing. Sitting pretty in 6th until my vive decides to have a 2 second blank out giving me enough time to see the wall before writing the car off.

3. Smokeysworld

Smokeysworld

Ratings:
    +34
    I managed to avoid that 3 car collision, looked nasty.

4. ionONE1

ionONE1
    Premium

Ratings:
    +533
    Weird performance issues remain. Practice/Rain i instantly drive out of the pits: i do 2 laps, 3. lap is a lot slower. (3 sec behind leader)
    I go to the pits, run again with the same setup = 3 sec faster (still rain)

Race 1: basically 1+ sec faster than everyone else, able to hit 24.3 without a problem (dont wanna win like this dq)
    Race 2: rain, unable to follow 3. place, 2 sec off the pace vs leader.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    • Wow Wow x 1
  5. Rivvern

Rivvern
    www.MasterArms.se Premium

Ratings:
    +61
    The races was awesome! Very immersive in VR. The cars handles great. Still need to learn how to set it up properly.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bruno Hands

Bruno Hands
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7
    Really enjoyed the race haven't had this much fun for a very long time, reminded me of the awesome races on gtr2.
    Looking forward for the next one. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Smokeysworld

Smokeysworld

Ratings:
    +34
    The other issue I have with The VR is the HUD. When I start, the HUD details I've chosen (rev counter, leaderboard etc) is floating in front of my face and is difficult to focus on and read. If I go in to customise HUD and just move something a fraction (even move and put back in place) then save, it sits much further back in a more natural and obvious place.
    Combine that with the weird no rain/wet track/recommended hard tyres combination during practice and my Vive deciding to blank out and ruin my race, not the best experience I've had to date. More annoying since I spent a good bit of time trying to be a little more competitive for this one.

8. Rivvern

Rivvern
    www.MasterArms.se Premium

Ratings:
    +61
    Smokeysworld. I actually like the hud to be closer. So i dont bother customizing it.

9. Smokeysworld

Smokeysworld

Ratings:
    +34
    Sadly it gives me a headache as it's tiny and I have to unfocus to read it. Feels much nicer further away. But it isn't an option, it just goes there unless I play about with it