AC GT3 @ Brands Hatch GP - Sunday 22nd March 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Count me in please Chris, car tbd! Been a long while since I've been able to race due to some redecorating, but now I've got some shiny new kit and ready to try it out :D Any advice on what might be a good car for getting back into it? The Macca looks to be a popular choice, seems fast but handling on a knife edge!

Count me in please Chris, car tbd! Been a long while since I've been able to race due to some redecorating, but now I've got some shiny new kit and ready to try it out :D Any advice on what might be a good car for getting back into it? The Macca looks to be a popular choice, seems fast but handling on a knife edge!

Heh, missed this one. Nice to see you again! :thumbsup:

The cars are pretty well balanced here because the track layout really has a bit of everything. I'd just pick what you're interested in :)

@Chris Down I'm in. Car is a Z4.
Honestly, I always underestimated this car because I didn't like the sound very much. But these days I tested her a little more, and I must say I really like how this car handles. She has a slight oversteer tendency when you go on the gas when exiting from a corner, thus killing understeer and throwing you out of the corner like a rocket!
But, to be honest, I found her to be too biased towards oversteer side for my liking, so I gave her two clicks of rear wing. Now I feel she's perfectly balanced, and I like her very much. I'm also starting to appreciate the sound!

@Chris Down I'm in. Car is a Z4.
Honestly, I always underestimated this car because I didn't like the sound very much. But these days I tested her a little more, and I must say I really like how this car handles. She has a slight oversteer tendency when you go on the gas when exiting from a corner, thus killing understeer and throwing you out of the corner like a rocket!
But, to be honest, I found her to be too biased towards oversteer side for my liking, so I gave her two clicks of rear wing. Now I feel she's perfectly balanced, and I like her very much. I'm also starting to appreciate the sound!

Great! You're in :thumbsup:

Hi. I have an issue with the Audi. I get very slight oversteer when I apply power at corner exit so I have to counter steer slightly.

I've got this slight oversteer in slow corners, as following:
T2 - slightly, only when I really hammer it, so it's not really a big issue
T3 - most of the time
T4 - most of the time (how do you take this corner anyway)
T6 - slightly sometimes.

Any idea why this might be? What I am suppose to change (i've took the setup from RD as base and changed from there):
-less diff power (70% now) ?
-softer wheel rate on the back (130 now)? (The value above the arb and height)
-height in the back?
-toe and camber?
-the driver or the foot of the driver?

Hi. I have an issue with the Audi. I get very slight oversteer when I apply power at corner exit so I have to counter steer slightly.

T3 - most of the time
T6 - slightly sometimes.

Any idea why this might be? What I am suppose to change (i've took the setup from RD as base and changed from there):
-height in the back?
-toe and camber?
Same here. Looks like this track is made for the 650s.

T3 - most of the time
T6 - slightly sometimes.

-height in the back?
-toe and camber?

Hmm, I've raced here in the R8 successfully before and haven't experienced that, and @Trebucht won in the R8 before here. Let me see if I can find my setup.

Hard to say what the problem is without being in the car, but:
  • 70% diff power sounds high to me for a tight track like this. Try reducing it.
  • "Slight oversteer" sounds like roll oversteer instead of snap oversteer. If the oversteer is gradual, try stiffening the rear ARB a click or two.
  • I would hesitate to soften the rear wheel rate because, from your description, if anything the back might be too soft already.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 110 7.5%
  • < 5 years