AC GT3 (Blancpain Sprint) @ Paul Ricard Blancpain - Thursday 23rd June 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Are tire temps still a problem with the McLarens, every time their tires would over heat like crazy the rears especially which gave out right at the end of the straight.

Maybe ill take work off for this race miss Paul Riccardo

Are tire temps still a problem with the McLarens, every time their tires would over heat like crazy the rears especially which gave out right at the end of the straight.

Maybe ill take work off for this race miss Paul Riccardo

I think that was pre 1.5 issue (pre 1.1 maybe), where tires would overheat after long straights, it has been fixed a long time ago.

In the triple fast right hand corners after Mistral straight it's normal to have high temps on left tyres.
Yesterday I tested with the R8 and particulary the rear was quite hot (near 100°) if the I made the car slided too much on throttle after these corners.
I remember that same thing was happening with the BMW M235i, though at the front left because it's a more understeery car.

In the triple fast right hand corners after Mistral straight it's normal to have high temps on left tyres.
Yesterday I tested with the R8 and particulary the rear was quite hot (near 100°) if the I made the car slided too much on throttle after these corners.
I remember that same thing was happening with the BMW M235i, though at the front left because it's a more understeery car.
I saw lots of people use Hard tires on that car lately.

I saw lots of people use Hard tires on that car lately.
At default track conditions (26°) and 30 minutes stints, I think that the mediums are still the better compromise. Even with a slightly overheated rear left out from the double right "Beausset" corners, there is enough time to let it stabilize in the following left corners and the pit straight, though sacrificing a little traction out of the last corner.

I've decided for now... 650S. Let's see how OP it actually is :D
This really annoys me! I have used this car for ages! and suddenly it gets up to scratch with the others and suddenly its OP! ;)

sign me in!........now let me think about car................hmmmmm...........oh I think you can guess! ;)

EDIT: I have a setup from a fine Finish national (of whom we all know) which I have been tweaking for a couple of months and the car is stunning.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back