AC GT3 @ Bathurst - Sunday 15th November 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@boomRoasted

The main problem with this sim racing thing, some bring quite high levels of skill into the mix, so making statements apart from things like fuel consumption, which is a virtual constant at max pace for all of us.
Therefore saying much outside of tyres and fuel becomes tricky. I can go the whole race on softs with the Nissan, having to accept the last 10 laps I will be 2 seconds off my pace; ( circuit dependant ) bear in mind, of late the racing in gt3 has got very competitive.
Those 2 seconds a lap may mean the difference between 6th place and 10th place.
No one likes the SCG, fuel consumption being its worst fault, on paper, it is the best car, certainly the fastest top speed, and certainly looks the best to sit in and look at. ( sounds a bit crap ) But to my knowledge, there has only been one really fast driver for this car. That being patikins, but I have heard him moan about it on a few occasions, he is your best source of information about that car.
Fuel consumption, really after 60min of racing is neither here nor there, generally, so much happens in a race that it usually bears very little to your overall finishing place. So don't give it much concern, some go for, mediums, full tank of fuel, and a 1 litre splash and dash somewhere strategically in the race. For a midfield battler like me, I am always relying on good luck, that really makes all the difference in the world.
If you have Alien pace, then that opens up a completely different set of variables, that luckily, I do not have to think about.
I am perfectly happy buzzing around in the midfield. :)
The above is mainly my opinion and point of view which is always very fluid and changeable, and I have assumed you are about my pace.:unsure:

Shoo! Thanks for your opinion and insight it really helps understand some nuances. I'll take the year to lean and with doing so my pace will increase. I'm sure setups for certain cars help but not as much as I hope they will (a sec difference or some large change). Honestly, that's a rabbit hole I'm itching to go down but I think my driving technique and racecraft are a little more important at the moment.

If I may ask another question...to the group...how do you judge quali laps vs out laps. I'm a bit nervous about disrupting someones quali at this track. I suppose I'm unsure how to tell who is doing what so I can move out of the way.

If I may ask another question...to the group...how do you judge quali laps vs out laps. I'm a bit nervous about disrupting someones quali at this track. I suppose I'm unsure how to tell who is doing what so I can move out of the way.

Basically, if I am on an outlap and there is a faster car approaching, I just let it pass cause you cant really say if they are on a fast lap or not. Also on your outlap you want to get some space to the car in front and back. So, if you see that after half a lap a car is just 2 secs behind you, and you know he will be faster or maybe catch you in the next round, just let it pass and create some space.

Well said that man! @Marko77 Mark :) If it helps, I have a very old setup for the Macca that felt 'safe'-ish for Bathurst (from SetupMarket), attached below.

Put me in for the 488 please @Chris Down; I fancy a relaxing learning evening:laugh: - any tips on setup/driving appreciated - may be late but defo for quali. Thanks for organising matey:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 03-03-2017 650 Bathurst 2 05secs.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
@Medilloni

I know, you know this John, just in case I am wrong, so I apologise in advance. It is important to change gear at 6500rpm with the proviso that you can go to 7000 in certain circumstances. When I drove it around here I used 7000rpm, I just could not bring myself to change at 6500rpm.
I have run the 488 around here and it is a great drive, and easily as quick as the 650.
I am talking about relative to little slow old me of course. :roflmao::roflmao:

Well said that man! @Marko77 Mark :) If it helps, I have a very old setup for the Macca that felt 'safe'-ish for Bathurst (from SetupMarket), attached below.

Put me in for the 488 please @Chris Down; I fancy a relaxing learning evening:laugh: - any tips on setup/driving appreciated appreciated - may be late but defo for quali. Thanks for organising matey:thumbsup:
@Medilloni I’ll give the setup a try. Thanks:thumbsup:

In with a Z4 please....
I'll drive the porsche finally!
Hi. Not sure what an ok lap time is to judge where I'm at and not a lot of practice time. But, seems the field can use a little filling out. How about the 650s and I'll see how it goes at practice. :(

Put me in for the 488 please @Chris Down; I fancy a relaxing learning evening:laugh: - any tips on setup/driving appreciated - may be late but defo for quali. Thanks for organising matey:thumbsup:

Welcome everyone! Really great to have you all :inlove:

Pulled into Target this morning and saw this in the parking lot. Manager must do well.
8c7f50d2-20c5-4adf-8dcb-1bc79f26ffe7-jpeg.419987

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years