AC GT3 @ Bathurst - Sunday 15th November 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I learned my lesson the hard way on Wednesday by choosing the Soft compound tire for Croft. Any thoughts for this track about tires? I've done some offline races to test but have very little experience on the topic to know which is better.

@Chris Down I'll take the GT-R Nismo :cool:

I learned my lesson the hard way on Wednesday by choosing the Soft compound tire for Croft. Any thoughts for this track about tires? I've done some offline races to test but have very little experience on the topic to know which is better.

@Chris Down I'll take the GT-R Nismo :cool:
Normally softs are fine with tyre change on the mandatory pitstop. Mediums can hold the whole race depending on the car and the track. @Kek700 is an experienced GT-R driver so he can advice you on that.

@boomRoasted

Of all the GT3 cars you can select, the Nissan wears softs very well, ( not 100% sure about the Z4 ) I always run softs with the Nissan, 30min then a pit stop for fuel and softs change.
The only down side to the Nissan is its fuel consumption, and it can be a bit unwieldy, but always very very stable, I alway try and run my strategy around those qualities, with the negatives in mind.
I run three cars, Nissan, McLaren and Lamborghini depending on the circuit.
Although I find the Lamborghini a real challenge, one that I have been beaten by
nearly every outing in it, except 1. So that is not a easy car to recommend.
A truly over complicated answer to a simple question.:O_o:

The R8 handles softs also very well for half an hour. The last three or four laps they're yellow but that cost you less than 0.5s on a lap. But that's of course with my driving style.

In the past I have raced the 911 for quite sometime because I did my best lap times with that car. With the Porsche I could get very good qualifying results. But in the race it burns the rear tyres much more than other cars so when on softs it became very tricky in the last laps before the pitstop and at the end. So with the 911 I always used mediums and tyre change.

Last edited:
The R8 handles softs also very well for half an hour. The last three or four laps they're yellow but that cost you less than 0.5s on a lap.
I can confirm that. They hold nice for half a stint. never tried softs for the whole 60min with R8. They definitely don't last and the drop is pretty significant when on red.

I can confirm that. They hold nice for half a stint. never tried softs for the whole 60min with R8. They definitely don't last and the drop is pretty significant when on red.
@Raresch Raresch, I see you're using the 3drap pedal mod. Which one (F,C,R,E) are you using?

Last edited:
@Kek700

Cheers! Thanks for the insight into the Nissan. It's feeling really good going through the Esses in practice and have been using softs so it's good to know I'm leaning in the right direction. You mention fuel consumption and I noticed people talk about it in regards to the SCG. Aside from the weight reduction/distribution when using up fuel and pitstop time/strategy are there other things to consider for fuel consumption? Also, is it a huge factor for these one-hour stints or would a longer endurance race impact it more?

Raresch, I see you're using the 3drap pedal mod. Which one (F,C,R,E) are you using?
I think it was Rally/GT? Also, I sue the pots and the 3D printed adaptors for the potentiometer from them.
After installing the brake mod, I can't press the pedal all the way down :) I mean I can, but it's really really hard, I am using 80-85% from the whole range to register full brake in the game. Even so, the brake feels a little bit better; I can feel the very slight touch for trail braking. It's partially better for the feeling, but worse because you really have to push it, in comparison to the default solution.
If you do buy, BE VERY VERY CAREFULL WITH THE CABLES when you open the pedals. Don't be negligent like me and brake them :)

Last edited:
I think it was Rally/GT? Also, I sue the pots and the 3D printed adaptors for the potentiometer from them.
After installing the brake mod, I can't press the pedal all the way down :) I mean I can, but it's really really hard, I am using 80-85% from the whole range to register full brake in the game. Even so, the brake feels a little bit better; I can feel the very slight touch for trail braking. It's partially better for the feeling, but worse because you really have to push it, in comparison to the default solution.
If you do buy, BE VERY VERY CAREFULL WITH THE CABLES when you open the pedals. Don't be negligent like me and brake them :)
Thanks, Raresch. In that case I will not buy them as I don't have a rig to attach the pedal plate on. If I have to push the pedal much harder the pedals will move. Still thinking about buying a rig but when I do I will probably get Heusinkveld Sprint pedals (used ones from Enzo).

@boomRoasted

The main problem with this sim racing thing, some bring quite high levels of skill into the mix, so making statements apart from things like fuel consumption, which is a virtual constant at max pace for all of us.
Therefore saying much outside of tyres and fuel becomes tricky. I can go the whole race on softs with the Nissan, having to accept the last 10 laps I will be 2 seconds off my pace; ( circuit dependant ) bear in mind, of late the racing in gt3 has got very competitive.
Those 2 seconds a lap may mean the difference between 6th place and 10th place.
No one likes the SCG, fuel consumption being its worst fault, on paper, it is the best car, certainly the fastest top speed, and certainly looks the best to sit in and look at. ( sounds a bit crap ) But to my knowledge, there has only been one really fast driver for this car. That being patikins, but I have heard him moan about it on a few occasions, he is your best source of information about that car.
Fuel consumption, really after 60min of racing is neither here nor there, generally, so much happens in a race that it usually bears very little to your overall finishing place. So don't give it much concern, some go for, mediums, full tank of fuel, and a 1 litre splash and dash somewhere strategically in the race. For a midfield battler like me, I am always relying on good luck, that really makes all the difference in the world.
If you have Alien pace, then that opens up a completely different set of variables, that luckily, I do not have to think about.
I am perfectly happy buzzing around in the midfield. :)
The above is mainly my opinion and point of view which is always very fluid and changeable, and I have assumed you are about my pace.:unsure:

@boomRoasted

The main problem with this sim racing thing, some bring quite high levels of skill into the mix, so making statements apart from things like fuel consumption, which is a virtual constant at max pace for all of us.
Therefore saying much outside of tyres and fuel becomes tricky. I can go the whole race on softs with the Nissan, having to accept the last 10 laps I will be 2 seconds off my pace; ( circuit dependant ) bear in mind, of late the racing in gt3 has got very competitive.
Those 2 seconds a lap may mean the difference between 6th place and 10th place.
No one likes the SCG, fuel consumption being its worst fault, on paper, it is the best car, certainly the fastest top speed, and certainly looks the best to sit in and look at. ( sounds a bit crap ) But to my knowledge, there has only been one really fast driver for this car. That being patikins, but I have heard him moan about it on a few occasions, he is your best source of information about that car.
Fuel consumption, really after 60min of racing is neither here nor there, generally, so much happens in a race that it usually bears very little to your overall finishing place. So don't give it much concern, some go for, mediums, full tank of fuel, and a 1 litre splash and dash somewhere strategically in the race. For a midfield battler like me, I am always relying on good luck, that really makes all the difference in the world.
If you have Alien pace, then that opens up a completely different set of variables, that luckily, I do not have to think about.
I am perfectly happy buzzing around in the midfield. :)
The above is mainly my opinion and point of view which is always very fluid and changeable, and I have assumed you are about my pace.:unsure:
Great waffle, Ernie!! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Raresch. In that case I will not buy them as I don't have a rig to attach the pedal plate on. If I have to push the pedal much harder the pedals will move. Still thinking about buying a rig but when I do I will probably get Heusinkveld Sprint pedals (used ones from Enzo).
I don't have a rig either, but I have a wooden box on which the pedals are mounted. You can just mount the pedals on a wooden plank that goes under your chair or that is wide and heavy enough.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 111 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 84 9.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 116 13.5%