AC GT3 @ Bathurst - Sunday 15th November 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Ernie breaks world record, :rolleyes::rolleyes:

4 bleeding times i came OFF, totally unaided, may I add. Did it all myself, I just do not get that Lamborghini, get anything slightly wrong for a second and it’s gone.
The setup was perfectly balance, full throttle on every corner exit, no problem.
In fact apart from its Schizophrenic personality, it behaved faultlessly.:(
All I have to do is change my entry line slightly, get distracted , breath to fast and it’s gone. I accept that the brakes are rubbish, nearly over shot the slow corners dozens of time, must try and sort that out some time.
I have added Bathurst “back circuit” to :- skippy and Fiat 595 SS.:mad::mad::mad:
If they straightened that back circuit I would love that circuit.:(:(:(
A really, well done to podiums, especially Thomas, I made too many mistakes trying to catch you, you were virtually faultless, so well done mate.

I even failed to take out Chris and George.:roflmao::roflmao: Not only that I chose the worst place possible for my kamikaze attempts.:O_o:

Sounds like a moan, not at all, had a very eventful!! enjoyable race, so thanks to “all” for that:thumbsup:

Great race everyone! After my "cautious" lap 1 clouting the wall, I had it all to do. Really enjoyed battling with @Kek700, @640er, and @FischBoB from there. Jens put up such a good defence I had to try the undercut, which worked great, but made the tyres almost suicidal at the end :coffee:

Apologies for contact w/ @GEO147 (at the start) and @Raresch (mid-way through).

Thanks everyone for coming out!
I've looked at the reply. It's sketchy. You did leave space, but took a really straight racing line, instead of a more round one, and I should have just backed off.
At least I've had something to fight for and took 3rd in the end, albeit only 1s behind @FischBoB ... :notworthy: I did profit a lot from @GEO147 and @640er, so thanks again :cool:

When I passed @Kek700 at the end of the back straight it was so so scary ... i catched the drafting effect ... Reached 295, which was the limit of the 6th gear ... Everything was screeming and all the apps were red ... And then he braked a lot earlier than I was expecting ... Don't even remember how i've got the corner, i was sure I am going off, but I didn't and got the position.

Note to future self, again: aero 3 is too much aero here.
Note to future self, 2nd: put the gears to 300 :O_o:

Thanks Chris as always and congrats podium guys :thumbsup:

Could follow my plan of keeping it clean for about 50mins and was on course to a podium finish when suddenly I did this one little mistake at "The Cutting" and spun :mad: Tyre's went red so I had to go really slow over the mountain which gave @GEO147 the chance of closing in. We went side by side into "The Chase", me on the left, and I tried to take a really tight line but doing so, hit the kerb and spun. Sorry George and you're welcome Raresch :)

Is there a good Turkey mod out there? Saw the GP today and now I want to tackle those 3 apexes :)

Last edited:
Thanks for setting tonight's race up @Chris Down , and congrats to the winningest guys too :thumbsup:

Very strange hopping into a new-ish car and trying to keep it together here, really enjoyed it and learnt a lot... the 388 is a monster on the brakes (imo) though using std setup I couldn't believe how peeps shot off into the distance on the straights, couldn't even keep up with a tow, I noticed after, it was running 7 rear wing:laugh:

My apologies to @hape for the couple of love taps (see brakes comment above:p) and hope I didn't spoil your race. Love this track though passing (see wing comment above:D) anyone was down to taking an early pit stop... picked up a couple of places, though mediums were gone in 40mins, how you guys ran the softs is amazing!:redface: ...said the scruffiest driver ever:roflmao:

Edit: results @ https://simresults.net/201115-5rp :)

Last edited:
Wooo! What a race, guys, really enjoyable. Congrats to the podiums!

Sorry for the door tap @Medilloni on the first lap going into the Esses. Glad we both made it through okay.

Unfortunate to see you lose it in Murray's @Marko77 would have been a great battle of the backmarkers.:) Your speed on the straights was untouchable for me.

Great recovery on the last lap by Jens in the Esses to maintain second! Saw the dirt and his tail skip...hit the brakes just in time to avoid the collision. :cool:

Looking forward to next weekend!

Was a tough one guys,. Made too many mistakes, and got caught up in others too. There just isn't enough track at times here but it is a great challenge. Here is my replay for anyone that's interested. Kept clipping a wall here and there going over the mountain which I just couldn't understand.

Last edited:
Wooo! What a race, guys, really enjoyable. Congrats to the podiums!

Sorry for the door tap @Medilloni on the first lap going into the Esses. Glad we both made it through okay.

Unfortunate to see you lose it in Murray's @Marko77 would have been a great battle of the backmarkers.:) Your speed on the straights was untouchable for me.

Great recovery on the last lap by Jens in the Esses to maintain second! Saw the dirt and his tail skip...hit the brakes just in time to avoid the collision. :cool:

Looking forward to next weekend!
@boomRoasted seen you knocking on the door. I had a momentary lapse of focus More than one maybe. Fun trying to catch back up.

hi
Badhurt is for me the worst track in AC. I never have a flow on the track and short before the end i make a 180 turn (no other driver involved) after that i quit - this is every time the same procedure. So no worries @Medilloni John the race there is an ugly thing for me. I also was shot on the track from another driver (i won't say the name because i 'm not angry or something else on him and he appologize in the same second) but this all happens only at Badhurt.
So next time i think i won't be in the race there because for me its time wasting
Happy to hopefully get another track next weekend.
hape

Ernie breaks world record, :rolleyes::rolleyes:

4 bleeding times i came OFF, totally unaided, may I add. Did it all myself, I just do not get that Lamborghini, get anything slightly wrong for a second and it’s gone.
The setup was perfectly balance, full throttle on every corner exit, no problem.
In fact apart from its Schizophrenic personality, it behaved faultlessly.:(
All I have to do is change my entry line slightly, get distracted , breath to fast and it’s gone. I accept that the brakes are rubbish, nearly over shot the slow corners dozens of time, must try and sort that out some time.
I have added Bathurst “back circuit” to :- skippy and Fiat 595 SS.:mad::mad::mad:
If they straightened that back circuit I would love that circuit.:(:(:(
A really, well done to podiums, especially Thomas, I made too many mistakes trying to catch you, you were virtually faultless, so well done mate.

I even failed to take out Chris and George.:roflmao::roflmao: Not only that I chose the worst place possible for my kamikaze attempts.:O_o:

Sounds like a moan, not at all, had a very eventful!! enjoyable race, so thanks to “all” for that:thumbsup:

Thx Ernie. This one was tough. Concentration level at this track ist that high as its so easy to clip a wall when running at the limit. Had pressure the last laps from you all the time but was glad to hold it and finish P5. As I never raced here before I am happy with pace and result. Man that Lambo was fast at the straights. Would have had no chance on the straight but fortunately could maintain the gap.
Thx for organizing and cu next time.

Thanks everyone for coming out this week! I know the last few weeks have been some twisty, exhausting tracks, so let's do something a little more relaxing this week. Come join us for 60 minutes of action at Monza!

Well said that man! @Marko77 Mark :) If it helps, I have a very old setup for the Macca that felt 'safe'-ish for Bathurst (from SetupMarket), attached below.

Put me in for the 488 please @Chris Down; I fancy a relaxing learning evening:laugh: - any tips on setup/driving appreciated - may be late but defo for quali. Thanks for organising matey:thumbsup:
@Medilloni Hey ahhh do you have a Monza setup you can kindly share?:) SetupMarket is no longer around right?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 270 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.0%