Just had my first taste of bathurst in the
official practise server:),
Any hints about a target time?
Did a 2:08:7 tonight,
Still need to find the limits here and there:whistling:,
but overall i’m not to disapointed.:D

Last edited:
Ok,i understand Trebucht.:thumbsup:
i'm a new racer myself,rejoining after a couple of years wachting at the sideline.:)
and yes,consistency is much more importent but i was just being curious after all these years.:whistling:
Then again,...they wont get turned off by my laptimes :roflmao::roflmao:;)
See you on track .

@Martijn van Bommel
We try not to compare times so new races are not turned off by alien like laptimes. And I can tell you from experience that consistency is much more important that laptimes around the mountain anyways.

I think I mentioned this once. I would love a secondary companion thread to discuss events setups etc. As things are now, there is zero change for newcomers to learn the ropes and they will still feel like crap during the race when seeing lap times 3 seconds faster, but having no clue where to improve.

Can't do the race on Sunday because I will have to drive a relative to the airport at that time. As much as I was looking forward to that race, I'm not going to sacrifice family peace for it.
So, count me out, please :cry:

Can't do the race on Sunday because I will have to drive a relative to the airport at that time. As much as I was looking forward to that race, I'm not going to sacrifice family peace for it.
So, count me out, please :cry:

Would love to see you in this event, but family should always come first, so I fully understand ..hope to see you next week :thumbsup:

I think I mentioned this once. I would love a secondary companion thread to discuss events setups etc. As things are now, there is zero change for newcomers to learn the ropes and they will still feel like crap during the race when seeing lap times 3 seconds faster, but having no clue where to improve.

I definitely know what you mean. Last week at Spa was my first race with the club and I was 3-4 seconds slower than the pack. After watching some of the onboard footage that people posted I realized I had misunderstood this club rule and taken it way too literally:

“Do not deliberately cut the track. The white (or yellow) lines mark the edge of the road. Do not cross them with more than two wheels.”

In all the other sim racing I have done and when hot lapping I’ve used the curbs and the green corner exit run outs. At Spa for example I turn that hill at the end of the straight away into a pretty straight line by attacking all the curbs left and right. BUT if you look closely there are white lines on the inside edges before the curbs so I thought that type of driving might be considered track cutting. I kept pretty much my entire race on the pavement (except when spinning out!) and my lap times reflected it haha.

If someone could elaborate on the exact curb and runout policy (red vs orange vs green etc) that would be greatly appreciated and will probably help me hang better.

I definitely know what you mean. Last week at Spa was my first race with the club and I was 3-4 seconds slower than the pack. After watching some of the onboard footage that people posted I realized I had misunderstood this club rule and taken it way too literally:

“Do not deliberately cut the track. The white (or yellow) lines mark the edge of the road. Do not cross them with more than two wheels.”

In all the other sim racing I have done and when hot lapping I’ve used the curbs and the green corner exit run outs. At Spa for example I turn that hill at the end of the straight away into a pretty straight line by attacking all the curbs left and right. BUT if you look closely there are white lines on the inside edges before the curbs so I thought that type of driving might be considered track cutting. I kept pretty much my entire race on the pavement (except when spinning out!) and my lap times reflected it haha.

If someone could elaborate on the exact curb and runout policy (red vs orange vs green etc) that would be greatly appreciated and will probably help me hang better.

1. 3-4 seconds on a normal length track like Spa never come from the setup alone. You can gain 1 second with a good setup, maybe 2 at Spa, but the rest comes from driving better lines.
2. As for the white lines, I don' think that top guys intentionally abused the track limits to gain an advantage and all those good times you saw are achievable without crossing the lines with more than two wheels, trust me. Going through Eau Rouge-Raidillon on that hill flatout while still within the lines is possible, unless you're in a GT-R :)

I’m not saying anyone abused track limits, I’m saying based on footage from others I was way too conservative with my lines as a result of being the cautious newb.

I was hitting that first uphill section about a full car length to the right vs the 9:41 mark here

Last edited:
In
legal.png

Out
illegal.png

I always try to find the limit, which means I've probably gone over it 3 or 4 times in that race. However, hitting the green astroturf is always slower in AC.

And who worries about track limits ahead of a race on Bathurst anyway :D

Enzo that is exactly what I needed to see! Would not have guessed that the margin between the two was so razor thin. I thought if the remaining 2 tires broke the barrier of the line I was out of bounds so I didn’t even want to cut it close. I see that if the entirety of the tire leaves the blacktop for the paint I’m out.

Good point about Bathurst, I keep asking myself in practice how the heck I’m going to actually race this track?? I’m no alien that’s for sure so I’ll share that I am about a full second behind Martijn’s time at this point. Thanks for the visual that should be added to the rules thread.

Enzo that is exactly what I needed to see! Would not have guessed that the margin between the two was so razor thin. I thought if the remaining 2 tires broke the barrier of the line I was out of bounds so I didn’t even want to cut it close. I see that if the entirety of the tire leaves the blacktop for the paint I’m out.

Good point about Bathurst, I keep asking myself in practice how the heck I’m going to actually race this track?? I’m no alien that’s for sure so I’ll share that I am about a full second behind Martijn’s time at this point. Thanks for the visual that should be added to the rules thread.
I grabbed this from the rules page of the organization I'm a staff member of. Since the actual limit is not as clearly defined in the RD rules, the limit from the pictures is the limit I try to follow.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back