AC GT3 @ Bathurst - Saturday 13th February 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Now
Sorry about the incident @Casper. shame as it could have lasted until the end of the race. thought i had the car straight enough finding out in the replay that im slightly drifting towards the right(you).

Great fun nonetheless. Thanks for setting up the race I missed 2 weeks ago @Chris Stacey!
no worries Alexis. Not intentional of course so that's just bad luck. Thought I had given you enough room. Think it might have been a cracking run to the finish with @Sun Levi given the difficulty of passing the Nissan in a straight line. Nice racing Sun in a slower car and with a drive through. Was losing ground to you in the first few laps but was surprised it wasn't at the usual rate.
Alex, I am glad you got the chance to experience our own Aussie icon of a track. It's a cracker of a track hey? Us Aussie's are pretty pleased with it.
Thanks @Chris Stacey and @Sniper for a great event and thanks to all drivers for the way in which we all raced. It's a bloody though track and there were no real dramas:thumbsup:

What a disaster.wireless mouse died on the starting grid back to the pits for 20 secs tried to catch up on the formation lap no luck. Snowball effect from there. felt like i Couldn't put a clean lap down the entire race without some kind of error. Anyhow good clean racing from all involved which was great thanks guys

Amazing race! Bathurst delivers once again!

After the drive through I knew it wasn't going to be easy to win, I wasn't able to reduce the ~7 second gap to the leaders, decided to do the under cut which would've worked out nicely but sneaky @David Armstrong held me up on the lap that counts the most :mad::inlove:

I truly lucked into winning this one :D Super happy with my performance, Bad luck @Casper @Alexis Clapano Before the incident the train we had was awesome! You guys were super quick! On the straights all I thought about was Alonsos: GP2 engine....GP2....ARGHH!

Bathurst%202_zpsqbrclnsx.jpg~original

Amazing race! Bathurst delivers once again!

After the drive through I knew it wasn't going to be easy to win, I wasn't able to reduce the ~7 second gap to the leaders, decided to do the under cut which would've worked out nicely but sneaky @David Armstrong held me up on the lap that counts the most :mad::inlove:

I truly lucked into winning this one :D Super happy with my performance, Bad luck @Casper @Alexis Clapano Before the incident the train we had was awesome! You guys were super quick! On the straights all I thought about was Alonsos: GP2 engine....GP2....ARGHH!

Bathurst%202_zpsqbrclnsx.jpg~original
As always, you always find a way of giving us awesome screenshots!

What a disaster.wireless mouse died on the starting grid back to the pits for 20 secs tried to catch up on the formation lap no luck. Snowball effect from there. felt like i Couldn't put a clean lap down the entire race without some kind of error. Anyhow good clean racing from all involved which was great thanks guys
Yeah sorry mate, we saw you go to the pits just as the formation lap started, and hoped you could get back up to speed.

Glad you enjoyed the racing none-the-less :D

I actually did some practice for this one, picked a car that I knew was fast, and used Chris' setup. Still only good enough for 11th on the grid, but at least my race pace felt good. Had some pressure from @Matt Bailey and some fun trying to hold onto both @Chris Stacey and @Decenten, but ultimately I didn't have any close or side by side moments.

Bad luck @Sun Levi, you came out just as I lost all confidence in my worn tires :p

Thanks to Chris & @Sniper for the event :thumbsup:

Really, really enjoyed that one... again! Qualified higher than expected and probably my best race proper. Still too tentative in the race compared to quali and to others and so I seem to always drop positions in the early phase. It feels dangerous.

Should have held @Sun Levi up for longer after his first drive thru because yielding (as those blue flags usually insist) put me into trouble with @Michael Stead and @Sniper in his hyper masculine pink hilights GTR. Then after having decided to defer my pitstop until around lap 28, against better judgement I committed to being the cork in another bottle. >1 second per lap slower than the leaders coming thru again after their stops and so felt my stomach sink when I saw @Alexis Clapano and @Casper come together. Sorry guys if I precipitated that.

@Sniper I reckon the late change to softs is still a good strategy. I misspoke on TS about needing to work on it... it was because lack of talent I kept putting in high 2.11s in the middle phase of the race. A late burst of concentration right before I pitted and I could finally match the 2.10s I saw flashing up on ptracker all through the race. I might have attributed this to track grip but nobody else seemed to be getting dramatically faster all of a sudden. Then the weirdest, most satisfying feeling putting the softs on and I punched out a low 2.08 with only a little accidental cutting the left turn at skyline as I threw the car down the hill trying to make up those last 10 seconds in 10 corners. Ha!

Anyway thanks all for another storming race! Good to see you on the grid @Sam Smith!

Really, really enjoyed that one... again! Qualified higher than expected and probably my best race proper. Still too tentative in the race compared to quali and to others and so I seem to always drop positions in the early phase. It feels dangerous.

Should have held @Sun Levi up for longer after his first drive thru because yielding (as those blue flags usually insist) put me into trouble with @Michael Stead and @Sniper in his hyper masculine pink hilights GTR. Then after having decided to defer my pitstop until around lap 28, against better judgement I committed to being the cork in another bottle. >1 second per lap slower than the leaders coming thru again after their stops and so felt my stomach sink when I saw @Alexis Clapano and @Casper come together. Sorry guys if I precipitated that.

@Sniper I reckon the late change to softs is still a good strategy. I misspoke on TS about needing to work on it... it was because lack of talent I kept putting in high 2.11s in the middle phase of the race. A late burst of concentration right before I pitted and I could finally match the 2.10s I saw flashing up on ptracker all through the race. I might have attributed this to track grip but nobody else seemed to be getting dramatically faster all of a sudden. Then the weirdest, most satisfying feeling putting the softs on and I punched out a low 2.08 with only a little accidental cutting the left turn at skyline as I threw the car down the hill trying to make up those last 10 seconds in 10 corners. Ha!

Anyway thanks all for another storming race! Good to see you on the grid @Sam Smith!
No issue there mate. You were racing for your position. It's up to us to get around you cleanly. Nice 08 by the way:unsure:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 292 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 259 13.5%