AC GT3 @ Bathurst - Saturday 13th February 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Ok thanks some league races it stays at 97%. Just a suggestion Its a good idea to have the track grip on the race info with the track temps.So people who want to practice can have the same settings

Ok thanks some league races it stays at 97%. Just a suggestion Its a good idea to have the track grip on the race info with the track temps.So people who want to practice can have the same settings
Track temps and weather conditions are always stated in the sign up thread and we always start at 96% track grip unless it's been specifically said otherwise.

Is it just me or do you oversteer really easily on this track? Tried 5 different cars and they all do the same thing on the same corners
hmm don't really get that issuem maybe on 1 or 2 corners but I also dial out the oversteer with settings and wings

Yeah I'm going to have to practice a bit more I guess ;) Only had a quick go at it last night
You do need to be a bit more careful with the throttle control on this track. It seems that it's really easy to kick the back end out on the exit of T2 and the cutting.

For me it's also the chase and Murray's corner as well. Definitely agree in the throttle control, but it feels so slow!
Whilst it's the best version of Bathurst so far I've seen in AC, the dimensions and cambers of a lot of the corners are pretty far off. This is the biggest reason why we're doing 2:11's and 2:10's in the race and the real GT3 cars are doing 2:02's and 2:03's.

Bathurst has a lot of really nicely cambered corners that allow the drivers to carry massive speed through them, like turn 1 for example. Cambered beautifully in really life, no camber in game.

You do need to be a bit more careful with the throttle control on this track. It seems that it's really easy to kick the back end out on the exit of T2 and the cutting.

Both those turns that Chris mentioned are cambered to start then they even out and become neutral, so the transition should be brake - throttle on (early or just at apex) then modulate as you are finishing the corner exit. The worst is T3 'cutting' as its much shorter and the camber fall off is more evident being that you're travelling a shorter distance.

T2 should be easier, you carry more speed in a higher gear (3rd for most, 4th for scg) with more downforce. The line in this corner is important as throttle modulation at the exit is not necessary, small counter steer corrections can do away with a nervy back end.

Fun track.

EDIT If I get around to it i'll post a lap in the SLS, I have it done in video but just need to upload it.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing