AC GT3 @ Barcelona - Sunday 9th of April 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Altough I am completely new to this (but as a serious driver as I can be), from what I read above I can apply here. Well...could you please sign me up on a BMW Z4 GT3? Thank you :)
Welcome! I will put you up on the reserve list, as the primary server is full at the moment. Unfortunately I can not guarantee you a place, just yet, but should more slots become available I will notify you.
Also please get your practice on our Free Practice server, and be on TeamSpeak, because if there are drop outs during practice, I will give their places to reserve drivers. In this instance, unfortunately you would not be able to choose a car, but at least you will be in the race.

Pro tip: always sign up as early as possible to guarantee you a slot and car of your choice.:thumbsup:

Same goes to @Fabrizio

Welcome! I will put you up on the reserve list, as the primary server is full at the moment. Unfortunately I can not guarantee you a place, just yet, but should more slots become available I will notify you.
Also please get your practice on our Free Practice server, and be on TeamSpeak, because if there are drop outs during practice, I will give their places to reserve drivers. In this instance, unfortunately you would not be able to choose a car, but at least you will be in the race.

Pro tip: always sign up as early as possible to guarantee you a slot and car of your choice.:thumbsup:

Same goes to @Fabrizio
I know @Eugene Abramoff . Didn't had in mind I would race tonight. The wife is going out tonight so I had the opportunity to race. ;)

Sign me in as reserve, pls.
(Preferably with the 911, but I guess it's a bit late.:redface:)
Thx.:)

Nissan GTr GT3

I am not very quick on the track, tend to be slow at some points (this is were I usually get punted off) "I brake early" and reasonable in other places. this does not make for quick lap times.

So my "main" aim is to stay on the track "if I can" for the whole duration of the race.

my setup's are "always" done with this aim in mind.

I run quite a lot of "toe in" on the rear. help's stabilize the rear.
quite a lot of "toe out at the front" this is to try and help turn in and
put some temperature into the front tyres,( usually due to my slower pace ).
I also always run soft compound, my pace nearly always make them last up to 45 min in a race.
quite a lot of diff "rear coast" to help stabilise the rear on corner entry
quite a small amount of diff power "prefer wheel spin to over steer. (watch rear tyre temperatures)
these can be altered depending on skill and pace.

the reason I like the Nissan GTR is because it is quite a forgiving GT3.
I always use a good amount of traction control.
I always use a good amount of ABS.
I always, if I have time [ I do not do much practice] keep backing these two value
off until I start getting problems with braking or too much wheel spin.
"my reactions are too slow to deal with "over steer"
after few laps, I then balance out front and rear tyre pressures. (always read the same for most of the lap (rear axle, front axel)), I always use assetto corsa tyre pressures unless they are really are very cold then I start to think about dropping pressures,
(you then start to not get an even spread across the tyre I am not that convinced this is a good idea)
then I get the gearing to be within a few hundred revs at the end of the longest straight.
( get as near as you can, always leave some for drafting on long straights)
I usually leave suspension alone dampers roll bars etc. even if I lower the car.
these are only played with if the car is still awkward to drive.
if these are messed with it means adjusting camber, re-adjusting toe etc. etc..
I am just not competitive enough to worry about this.

I hope this helps those starting out, this is for absolute beginner's (that me too).
I have supposedly uploaded my setup for the Nissan GTR for Barcelona.
I was asked to do something on a Nissan GTR Gt3 I hope I have not gone over the top.

The above is my normal route with any car I drive.
when "you" not me get really quick most of the above probably stops applying.

one other point, the above is always toned down the easier a car is to keep on the track.

Attachments

• gt3.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 149

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years